Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [OFFICIAL] ROG Maximus V Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] ROG Maximus V Owners Club - Page 134

post #1331 of 4012
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxum View Post

Ahh thanks smile.gif
I'll grab this this then.
I get it, so really you would use your speakers with the on-board sound, and headset with the ThunderFX thing.
No plans to watercool the ram, just want some good solid overclockable sticks, those samsung ones above look a bit too ghetto, gotta have some nice looking heatsinks on them, what G.Skills do I want exactly? I want to fill all four slots up on the mobo.

I'm not an expert on ram so might not be the best answer, but I have seen and heard about the tridents being good for OCing.
post #1332 of 4012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jassilamba View Post

I'm not an expert on ram so might not be the best answer, but I have seen and heard about the tridents being good for OCing.

I'm looking more for a specific one exactly, for example there's like 20 variations of the tridents there, I have no idea what ones would be best to get tongue.gif
post #1333 of 4012
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxum View Post

I'm looking more for a specific one exactly, for example there's like 20 variations of the tridents there, I have no idea what ones would be best to get tongue.gif

here ya go, these should easily OC to 2800
post #1334 of 4012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jassilamba View Post

here ya go, these should easily OC to 2800

thanks, that would be these right http://www.ebuyer.com/386397-g-skill-8gb-ddr3-2400mhz-tridentx-memory-f3-2400c10d-8gtx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=products seems to be the same code "F3-2400C10D-8GTX" just want to make sure.

(UK here)
post #1335 of 4012
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxum View Post

thanks, that would be these right http://www.ebuyer.com/386397-g-skill-8gb-ddr3-2400mhz-tridentx-memory-f3-2400c10d-8gtx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=products seems to be the same code "F3-2400C10D-8GTX" just want to make sure.
(UK here)

That seems to be the correct ram.
What CPU are you using??? the 2500K
Edited by jassilamba - 12/3/12 at 4:55pm
post #1336 of 4012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jassilamba View Post

That seems to be the correct ram.
What CPU are you using??? the 2500K

no i'm getting an i7 3770k
post #1337 of 4012
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxum View Post

no i'm getting an i7 3770k

Then that ram would go great.
post #1338 of 4012
Thread Starter 
Still loving my board after all these months. Also jassilamba is post 1337 and I'm reply # 1337! sweeet.
Maximus V GENE
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570k  Asus Maximus V GENE EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB No OC Samsung 8GB Low Voltage DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital WD 1tb HDD H80 push/pull AP-15's Windows 8 Dell U2412M 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid Cherry MX Reds SeaSonic X750 Silverstone TJ08-E Roccat Savu 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
XTRAC PADS Ripper XXL Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 OHM's Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Maximus V GENE
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570k  Asus Maximus V GENE EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB No OC Samsung 8GB Low Voltage DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital WD 1tb HDD H80 push/pull AP-15's Windows 8 Dell U2412M 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid Cherry MX Reds SeaSonic X750 Silverstone TJ08-E Roccat Savu 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
XTRAC PADS Ripper XXL Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 OHM's Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1339 of 4012
Hi guys,

I'm not in the club yet but I soon will be as I need a new motherboard to get a more comfortable a layout for plugging my two Matrix 580s. They're 3-slot and this card has the perfect layout I need.

I went through the thread and I saw a user with the same case as me posting pics of his rig with that board so I know it will fit.

Now apart from the SLI function, can you guys give me some feedback on how this motherboard performs overclock-wise? With Sandy-Bridge and Ivy-Bridge? I will plug my i5 2500k for starters and upgrade to an i7 3770k afterwards. How is the BIOS? I heard it comes with plenty of cool features and even a LN2 mode for Ivy Bridge...

I'd be grateful to hear any feedback and get some data on your OCs...

Thanks.
post #1340 of 4012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGoat View Post

Hi guys,
I'm not in the club yet but I soon will be as I need a new motherboard to get a more comfortable a layout for plugging my two Matrix 580s. They're 3-slot and this card has the perfect layout I need.
I went through the thread and I saw a user with the same case as me posting pics of his rig with that board so I know it will fit.
Now apart from the SLI function, can you guys give me some feedback on how this motherboard performs overclock-wise? With Sandy-Bridge and Ivy-Bridge? I will plug my i5 2500k for starters and upgrade to an i7 3770k afterwards. How is the BIOS? I heard it comes with plenty of cool features and even a LN2 mode for Ivy Bridge...
I'd be grateful to hear any feedback and get some data on your OCs...
Thanks.

I have not spend too much time OCing with my MVF board but I will say its really easy to OC and the BIOS is really easy to work with. I have used the AsRock extreme 4 board and I returned it cos I hated their UEFI bios. I think Asus has one of the best UEFI bios out there. Also the ability to flash back the bios without anything plugged in is great and if you are getting the MVE then you get dual bios in case your OC fails in 1.

With the built in CPU Step up my 2700K goes to 4.6 Ghz at 1.328V CPUz Validation

My build is still in progress so I have not sat down to fully OC my chip yet, but I plan to take it over 5 Ghz soon.

I have my MCP 35x pump hooked up to the CPU fan header and I love using fan expert to set what i need.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [OFFICIAL] ROG Maximus V Owners Club