Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [OFFICIAL] ROG Maximus V Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] ROG Maximus V Owners Club - Page 150

post #1491 of 4012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDMYGUN View Post

Is it too late to RMA? Sounds like something is wrong with the board.
Edit: spelling.

I can't rma in Argentina, I should send it to the US for that, and asus rma dept charges mmoney for repairs here.
I'll retry the flashing process tonight and get a loaned netbook to fiddle with rog connect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snef View Post

Hi
can i join the club?
http://valid.canardpc.com/2568495
Capture_zps47b8349c.jpg
and my rig
IMG_0020_zpsbaa5cc16.jpg
IMG_0009-1_zpsa2364ddb.jpg
thanks

That looks amazing man!
congrats, hopefully my rig will look as clean as yours onnce I get my loop.
post #1492 of 4012
Just built my pc with an asus maximus v formula! However, with the onboard audio, it states it supports DDL, but I couldn't find an option to use it. frown.gif Only DTS. My mixamp only supports DDL and since I can't switch to it, as I don't know how to, I don't have audio.
post #1493 of 4012
Quote:
Originally Posted by snef View Post

Hi
can i join the club?
http://valid.canardpc.com/2568495
Capture_zps47b8349c.jpg
and my rig
IMG_0020_zpsbaa5cc16.jpg
IMG_0009-1_zpsa2364ddb.jpg
thanks

very nice rig bro:thumb:
Kid PC
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K maximus V Formula asus GTX580 Direct Cuii Gskill Trident X 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
corsair Force 3 GT seagate asus DVD RW 16x corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 7 ultimate LG LS34 Logitech k200 corsair GS800 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
thermaltake XASER VI logitech G400 Roccat Alumic asus Xonar Phoebus 
  hide details  
Reply
Kid PC
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K maximus V Formula asus GTX580 Direct Cuii Gskill Trident X 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
corsair Force 3 GT seagate asus DVD RW 16x corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
windows 7 ultimate LG LS34 Logitech k200 corsair GS800 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
thermaltake XASER VI logitech G400 Roccat Alumic asus Xonar Phoebus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1494 of 4012
Quote:
Originally Posted by snef View Post

Hi
can i join the club?
http://valid.canardpc.com/2568495 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Capture_zps47b8349c.jpg
and my rig Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG_0020_zpsbaa5cc16.jpg
IMG_0009-1_zpsa2364ddb.jpg
thanks

Yes you may join especially with a killer build like that, love the lighting job you did! thumb.gif
post #1495 of 4012
Does anyone know what the particular name of the connector from the WiFi Antenna included with the Maximus V Formula is called so I can buy a better replacement? (The wire on mine came out of the connector..)



Also, why does the mPCIE card have two antenna connections on it, do you have to use both?

Thanks in advance.
post #1496 of 4012
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxum View Post

Does anyone know what the particular name of the connector from the WiFi Antenna included with the Maximus V Formula is called so I can buy a better replacement? (The wire on mine came out of the connector..)

Also, why does the mPCIE card have two antenna connections on it, do you have to use both?
Thanks in advance.

The two connections are for increased range and bandwidth I believe... pretty much all 802.11N capable devices have multiple antenna arrays (some up to 5 actually). It's part of MIMO which is another way of saying 'multiplexed bandwidth' - or in other words they just bonded previous technologies together to be faster rather than inventing an entirely new wireless protocol. biggrin.gif As far as a 'better replacement' I'd have to say that's likely to only be found in a new WIFI card. wink.gif Seriously there are subtle differences to many of the mini-BNC or mini-coax type adapters (like the one you lost the wire in) so you pretty much need to get the same one as a replacement IMO - but you should be able to get one from ASUS... at least I hope they would rather mail out a new antenna rather than get a motherboard RMA'd for the loss of one wire... but then again I never know what counts for customer service these days. rolleyes.gif
post #1497 of 4012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiGiCiDAL View Post

The two connections are for increased range and bandwidth I believe... pretty much all 802.11N capable devices have multiple antenna arrays (some up to 5 actually). It's part of MIMO which is another way of saying 'multiplexed bandwidth' - or in other words they just bonded previous technologies together to be faster rather than inventing an entirely new wireless protocol. biggrin.gif As far as a 'better replacement' I'd have to say that's likely to only be found in a new WIFI card. wink.gif Seriously there are subtle differences to many of the mini-BNC or mini-coax type adapters (like the one you lost the wire in) so you pretty much need to get the same one as a replacement IMO - but you should be able to get one from ASUS... at least I hope they would rather mail out a new antenna rather than get a motherboard RMA'd for the loss of one wire... but then again I never know what counts for customer service these days. rolleyes.gif

Well when I say better replacement I don't really care about it being *technically* better, I just don't like the white wires and antenna when my case is red and black themed, it was ugly. Are you saying a replacement antenna would have to be exactly the same or it won't work at all, even if the connector fits?
post #1498 of 4012
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxum View Post

Well when I say better replacement I don't really care about it being *technically* better, I just don't like the white wires and antenna when my case is red and black themed, it was ugly. Are you saying a replacement antenna would have to be exactly the same or it won't work at all, even if the connector fits?

No it will work... technically, as long as the size of the screw connector is the same on the coax it will work - lots of laptops, itx boards, etc... include the same connectors which 'may' work. However, I've had limited results in the past and I'm afraid you might as well based on the last post in this thread on Asus' support site. You could even use an adapter to utilize a larger size antenna like for OTA television - I'm pretty sure you could get a decent signal using one of those. lachen.gif Basically, if you don't want to play trial and error with a number of different antennas... then your best bet is to go with the same... but if you tried another one that Asus uses (just search for 'antenna') on other things... you'd probably have a better shot at compatibility. YMMV. redface.gif

I'm not the one to really say for sure because I spent extra on a house that had CAT6 wired to every room so my wifi is only for iPads and not gaming or browsing. However hopefully the above will help. You could also just get a half size mini-PCI card as a replacement if you don't have luck on the antennas. Although I think if you have one that is at least full 802.11N capable you should be OK if not great. You could always paint them black... smile.gif

Edited bad URL formatting as a result of the way Asus codes their PHP search results... frown.gif
Edited by DiGiCiDAL - 1/5/13 at 7:40am
post #1499 of 4012
I too use ethernet, but I just want the option since I have the mPCIE card, you know?

I think I've found out that the connector is called RP-SMA, and this might be a suitable replacement.
post #1500 of 4012
Add meh to the Clubbah, http://valid.canardpc.com/2640989 smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [OFFICIAL] ROG Maximus V Owners Club