A quick overview of my experience with the glue I'm using.
From working with it, this is what I've found:Pros:
- Reasonably cheap at $3 for a tube.
- Contains adhesive so pieces will stick together right away, but can be moved into place for a minute or so.
- Strong enough to be handled after just 5-10 minutes.
- Melts the pieces together at the same time, creating a very strong bond and it's transparent.
- It can be used to bond acrylic to other materials.
- Very hard to control the amount being applied, it's very thin and the hole in the tip is huge.
- It tends to create strings, which will leave marks as it slightly dissolves the acrylic.
I guess with another tip it would be much better.
I really wanted some Weld On #4, but couldn't find it anywhere, that seems to be the preferred one by the pros.
Anyway, it works for me on the project as my plan for the beginning was to paint all the pieces, so I can clean it up a bit before paint.