Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Terrible fps in DayZ mod?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Terrible fps in DayZ mod? - Page 2

post #11 of 22
In addition to low fps, Day Z (and Arma 2) also suffers from a severe case of negative mouse acceleration.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2782938
Destructor
(28 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz  Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3  EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+  16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB RAID 0 Samsung F3 1TB Seagate 3TB LG Blu-ray 12x 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
XSPC RayStorm D5 RX360  Windows 10 Pro x64 LG 24GM77 Ducky Shine 3 Year of the Snake 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX850 Corsair 900D  Logitech G400  Razer Goliathus Speed  
AudioAudio
Sound Blaster Zx  Sennheiser HD 558 + Zm-Mic1 
  hide details  
Reply
Destructor
(28 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz  Gigabyte G1.Sniper 3  EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+  16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 Pro 256GB RAID 0 Samsung F3 1TB Seagate 3TB LG Blu-ray 12x 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
XSPC RayStorm D5 RX360  Windows 10 Pro x64 LG 24GM77 Ducky Shine 3 Year of the Snake 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX850 Corsair 900D  Logitech G400  Razer Goliathus Speed  
AudioAudio
Sound Blaster Zx  Sennheiser HD 558 + Zm-Mic1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitrousX View Post

In addition to low fps, Day Z (and Arma 2) also suffers from a severe case of negative mouse acceleration.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2782938[/quote


Thanks for the tip. My fps stays around 30 and sometimes will dip down to 25 but overall that's a lot better than what I was getting before.
post #13 of 22
I'm playing Day Z on mostly high at 1080p on my A10-4600M's integrated graphics and I don't have very much lag at all so your computer shouldn't have any problems. One thing i would make sure is that Video Memory is set to Default. Otherwise, it will severely limit the amount of VRAM that is utilized.

Might be worth trying other versions of the nvidia driver as well. It runs fine in my desktop (3.5GHz PII) with both my HD4870 and GTX 560 Ti.
post #14 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud89 View Post

I'm playing Day Z on mostly high at 1080p on my A10-4600M's integrated graphics and I don't have very much lag at all so your computer shouldn't have any problems. One thing i would make sure is that Video Memory is set to Default. Otherwise, it will severely limit the amount of VRAM that is utilized.
Might be worth trying other versions of the nvidia driver as well. It runs fine in my desktop (3.5GHz PII) with both my HD4870 and GTX 560 Ti.


What fps are you getting?My video memory is already set at default. I've been having issues with my drivers. For some reason I can't download the latest driver for my gpu. Do you think this would make a big difference?I have all my settings at about as low as they can go and I still only get around 30 fps. The only setting that I have higher is 3d resolution which is at 720p.
.
post #15 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedro200 View Post


What fps are you getting?My video memory is already set at default. I've been having issues with my drivers. For some reason I can't download the latest driver for my gpu. Do you think this would make a big difference?I have all my settings at about as low as they can go and I still only get around 30 fps. The only setting that I have higher is 3d resolution which is at 720p.
.

I'm getting 30-40 fps most of the time. It tends to vary quite a bit from server-to-server, sometimes I won't be able to break 25-30 so I don't tend to stay on those. Rain tends to lag the game pretty hardcore too.

Graphics drivers could quite possibly make a pretty big difference, but as long as you have any reasonably recent drivers there shouldn't be a problem. Arma 2 came out two years ago so there's not going to be much optimization going on in the drivers anymore. It could be there's a bug with the version you're using that's causing performance to be so low.

I'd also check to make sure that the GPU is running at the right frequencies while you're in game. One of my friends with SLI 560's was occasionally having trouble with the game because the GPUs remained at 2d clocks during the game.
Edited by darkcloud89 - 8/2/12 at 9:16pm
post #16 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcloud89 View Post

I'm getting 30-40 fps most of the time. It tends to vary quite a bit from server-to-server, sometimes I won't be able to break 25-30 so I don't tend to stay on those. Rain tends to lag the game pretty hardcore too.
Graphics drivers could quite possibly make a pretty big difference, but as long as you have any reasonably recent drivers there shouldn't be a problem. Arma 2 came out two years ago so there's not going to be much optimization going on in the drivers anymore. It could be there's a bug with the version you're using that's causing performance to be so low.
I'd also check to make sure that the GPU is running at the right frequencies while you're in game. One of my friends with SLI 560's was occasionally having trouble with the game because the GPUs remained at 2d clocks during the game.


I checked my GPU frequency and it was at 900 Mhz. I think the frequency is at a normal level. One thing I noticed while I was in AMD Overdrive was that the clock on my memory was at 600Mhz.Is that a good speed?
Edited by pedro200 - 8/3/12 at 11:11pm
post #17 of 22
Thread Starter 
I'm still having massive fps issues but one thing I noticed was that I only have issues when I look in the direction of a lot of zombies. I've noticed that in almost every multiplier game I play. Whenever I look in the direction of a lot of player models my game lags. Does anyone know what's causing this? Please help.
post #18 of 22
This game is really just laggy for everyone. Even i hit the 40-30's in a town.. I actually get BETTER FPS on HIGH than i do on NORMAL. i don't even know.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K Asus X99-A 980 ti Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 BR/DVD/CD-R combo. Windows 8 Pro 64 bit 27" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Corsair 750 Rosewill Thor Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K Asus X99-A 980 ti Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 BR/DVD/CD-R combo. Windows 8 Pro 64 bit 27" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Corsair 750 Rosewill Thor Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 22
its a buggy game bro
post #20 of 22
Thread Starter 
My fps now in towns seems to be dipping down to as low as 15 fps and I get a lot of random pauses. This isn't the only game i'm having issues with. I've tried heroes of Stalingrad and I have to put it on the lowest settings for it not to lag.. I tried playing Black Mesa and I know it's a mod but It's been in development for a while and it runs on an old engine but I get massive lag in certain areas. In CS GO I have to put textures on low and it still lags. I tried playing Minecraft with the default texture pack and when I look into jungles the fps can drop to 45fps even 30 sometimes. My Graphics drivers are up to date.have a few ideas as to what is causing this. One Idea I had was that maybe my GPU is the problem. It's a classified edition gtx 580 and I thought maybe it could be defective since I got it from a random website at a lower price than what it normally goes for but it did say it had never been used. Another idea I had was that maybe it is my OS. The person that built the computer I think used a counterfeit copy of windows. I keep getting messages saying it's not genuine.Is this the fps I should be expecting from my games? If these problems I talked about could be causing my issues or if you have any other advise please let me know.

-AMD Phenom II x6 3.2 GHz
-GTX 580 3gb vram
-8 gb of RAM
-28 free gb of space on my HD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Terrible fps in DayZ mod?