Originally Posted by conntick
Do you think you could explain your painting process and what paints/primers you used? The outcome is absolutely stunning once again.
Sure I'll describe what I've done:
- I've sanded the parts with P240, P600, P1200 and finally P2000 until the parts had a nice and smooth surface.
- Put on 3 layers of primer, (wet-) sanded it with P1200 between each layer and (wet-) sanded the last layer with P2000.
- Added 2 layers of colour, again sanded it between layers with P2000 after it dried.
- Added final coat of paint (using a bright light to see which parts I'd allready done, with white paint this can be hard to see without a bright light.)
- Polished the final layer with commandant
- Added a coat of Turtle car wax.
So basicly the most important thing to do is sanding. The smoother the material you paint, the smoother the result in the end