Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › ZALMAN Z11 CLUB
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ZALMAN Z11 CLUB - Page 15

post #141 of 1124
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebiscigars View Post

Just got this sweet case. I noticed that the top and front fans have pin connections and I think my mobo only has 1 for chassis fans.
my mobo: http://www.ncix.ca/products/?sku=69889&vpn=P8H77-V%20LE&manufacture=ASUS&promoid=1360#Specifications

also, how do i remove the PCI slots at the back? It looks like I can't remove it and have to rip it off.

Get some of these or something similar if it bugs you like it did me..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999224
post #142 of 1124
is this thread still open??? well I got the Z11 plus and just bought a asus hd7950 directcu2 top thinking it will fit.........but the cards 300mm..... has anyone modded or squeezed in a big card?????? HELP SOS NEEDED
post #143 of 1124
Quote:
Originally Posted by d1nky View Post

is this thread still open??? well I got the Z11 plus and just bought a asus hd7950 directcu2 top thinking it will fit.........but the cards 300mm..... has anyone modded or squeezed in a big card?????? HELP SOS NEEDED

Just get a hard drive adapter for your 5 1/4" bays and take out your hard drive bay. That's what I'm going to do here soon. You will have to drill out the rivets but it should be really easy to do.
post #144 of 1124
thanks! I did see a gtx that's 11.5 inch fit tightly! also I saw a mod a few pages in with fans and no hdd bay so ill probably do that or similar
post #145 of 1124
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyguy View Post

Just get a hard drive adapter for your 5 1/4" bays and take out your hard drive bay. That's what I'm going to do here soon. You will have to drill out the rivets but it should be really easy to do.

Agreed I did the same just drilled the rivets out. But I did end up selling it for a Corsair 800D. But the Z11 is a great case! biggrin.gif


post #146 of 1124
Just bought one a few days ago for my secondary rig. Must say that it's quite a nice case for the money. Oh, and please excuse the strip down- did it to add more fans in.

Reaper
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3820 Asus P9X79 Pro Sapphire 7970 Trixx Edition  Kingston Hyper-X 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 SSD Samsung 22x Cooler Master TPC812 Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 2232BW CMStorm Quick Fire Pro Corsair AX850 CM690 Pure Black Ed. 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 Ikea Philips 
  hide details  
Reply
Reaper
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3820 Asus P9X79 Pro Sapphire 7970 Trixx Edition  Kingston Hyper-X 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Intel 520 SSD Samsung 22x Cooler Master TPC812 Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 2232BW CMStorm Quick Fire Pro Corsair AX850 CM690 Pure Black Ed. 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G500 Ikea Philips 
  hide details  
Reply
post #147 of 1124
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCSolutions View Post

Agreed I did the same just drilled the rivets out. But I did end up selling it for a Corsair 800D. But the Z11 is a great case! biggrin.gif



Did you make the housing at the bottom?
post #148 of 1124
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyguy View Post

Did you make the housing at the bottom?

Yes actually I did, it was fairly easy yet kinda hard because I couldn't find my metal cutting blades lol, so I had to cut it with tin snips. I actually cut this from a slim Samsung atx case. biggrin.gif It turned out good. I actually designed it for a 240mm Radiator and to hide the cables. smile.gif
post #149 of 1124
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCSolutions View Post

Yes actually I did, it was fairly easy yet kinda hard because I couldn't find my metal cutting blades lol, so I had to cut it with tin snips. I actually cut this from a slim Samsung atx case. biggrin.gif It turned out good. I actually designed it for a 240mm Radiator and to hide the cables. smile.gif

Wow it looks super clean! Great job. I wish I could get you to do a similar thing for mine haha
post #150 of 1124
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyguy View Post

Wow it looks super clean! Great job. I wish I could get you to do a similar thing for mine haha

I sold that one with the case, If I haven't I would send it to ya thumb.gif But im sure you can make one, just find a old case and measure and cut, add a l bracket at the rear of it for stability and support, sand the edges and apply a few coats of paint then bake at 170 degrees for a hard finish
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › ZALMAN Z11 CLUB