Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › ZALMAN Z11 CLUB
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ZALMAN Z11 CLUB - Page 64

post #631 of 1124
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonic186 View Post

Hey everyone, been a while since I posted here just wondered if anyone knows if the Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo CPU cooler will fit in this case or if they have fitted one with no problems? Looking to change the stock cooler on my FX-8120 (long overdue!)

Been in the process of doing extensive cable management and getting it ready, as a sidenote! does anyone use this cooler on the FX-8120 chip? if so! what temps are you getting on average?

With the stock cooler after heavy cleaning and tidying it sits at 30-35C on idle and at around 55-60C max load. HWMonitor pro/CPU-Z/Touch Bios all give slightly differing temps so I'm kind of averaging my temps here smile.gif

Hoping the new cooler will of course.. keep it cooler and quieter, the noise of the stock one at max load is driving me loopy! since I do a lot of intensive video rendering and gaming it's put to good use haha

The Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo fits pretty well. I'm using a FX8350 with this heatsink, and an additional fan for a push-pull effect. I've got it clocked to 4.4Ghz too and running 39C idle and 49C under load it does the job REALLY nicely.

Here's a couple of pics of my (currently unfinished) build, which yes, the cable management isn't great tongue.gif Enjoy either way.



post #632 of 1124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Besty007 View Post

The Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo fits pretty well. I'm using a FX8350 with this heatsink, and an additional fan for a push-pull effect. I've got it clocked to 4.4Ghz too and running 39C idle and 49C under load it does the job REALLY nicely.

Here's a couple of pics of my (currently unfinished) build, which yes, the cable management isn't great tongue.gif Enjoy either way.




Ah hah! Thank you Besty007! Really nice looking build you've got too biggrin.gif

Good to know I can expect decent temps of a sort on mine then, do you mind me asking what fan you've used as the second one? tried to find the stock PWM fan around online in the UK for a decent price with no such luck as of yet, the one fan will do for now I reckon (but would be nice to have the two) as got two top 120mm fan exhausts, back 120mm exhaust along with bottom & front intakes 120mm smile.gif
post #633 of 1124
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonic186 View Post

Ah hah! Thank you Besty007! Really nice looking build you've got too biggrin.gif

Good to know I can expect decent temps of a sort on mine then, do you mind me asking what fan you've used as the second one? tried to find the stock PWM fan around online in the UK for a decent price with no such luck as of yet, the one fan will do for now I reckon (but would be nice to have the two) as got two top 120mm fan exhausts, back 120mm exhaust along with bottom & front intakes 120mm smile.gif

I'm using a Cooler Master Blade Master 120 PWM fan, it's silent, 600 - 2000 RPM.
post #634 of 1124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Besty007 View Post

I'm using a Cooler Master Blade Master 120 PWM fan, it's silent, 600 - 2000 RPM.

Ah! Thanks Besty, will look into that fan smile.gif

Gave you some rep for your help dude, cheers. thumb.gif
post #635 of 1124
Oh, since you mentioned you're in the UK, here's where I got mine. I will also mention that the fan is a little loose on the heatsink with the fittings supple with the heatsink, but I'm sure that's my fault.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Master-Blade-120-Radiators/dp/B0030DL37I/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2CDMAV853Z01Z&coliid=I3U64HB3XVKB41


Thanks for the rep!
post #636 of 1124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Besty007 View Post

Oh, since you mentioned you're in the UK, here's where I got mine. I will also mention that the fan is a little loose on the heatsink with the fittings supple with the heatsink, but I'm sure that's my fault.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Master-Blade-120-Radiators/dp/B0030DL37I/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2CDMAV853Z01Z&coliid=I3U64HB3XVKB41


Thanks for the rep!

No worries dude, thanks for the advice and quick responses, added to the wishlist and will be buying that fan once I see what the temps are like without it thumb.gif
post #637 of 1124
Nice thread!

Fellow Z11er here smile.gif

I like the case, just struggling with my new cards in it.

There are some great builds in this thread, they make mine look very messy!

I'll grab some piccies and post them up, not much to look at though as it is a standard Z11!! smile.gif

Perhaps you guys can help me with my SLI cooling woes?


Cheers!
post #638 of 1124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Besty007 View Post

The Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo fits pretty well. I'm using a FX8350 with this heatsink, and an additional fan for a push-pull effect. I've got it clocked to 4.4Ghz too and running 39C idle and 49C under load it does the job REALLY nicely.

Here's a couple of pics of my (currently unfinished) build, which yes, the cable management isn't great tongue.gif Enjoy either way.





If you want my advice Besty I would throw your GT 640 Graphics card away and then whack a more powerful one in there before you do anything if you want to game well. The attack the cables and other bits and bobs. Just my opinion of course fella - other than that...good job
post #639 of 1124
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGDINGALING84 View Post

If you want my advice Besty I would throw your GT 640 Graphics card away and then whack a more powerful one in there before you do anything if you want to game well. The attack the cables and other bits and bobs. Just my opinion of course fella - other than that...good job

Firstly, It's a Radeon HD 7750 (same cooler I know) and secondly, I'm saving for the MSI R9 290, should be able to get it early February.

Thanks for the reply on my build smile.gif
post #640 of 1124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Besty007 View Post

Firstly, It's a Radeon HD 7750 (same cooler I know) and secondly, I'm saving for the MSI R9 290, should be able to get it early February.

Thanks for the reply on my build smile.gif

No probs - for the extra £50 though why don't you get yourself a GTX 780. It's a no brainer! Better performance and untouchable when overclocked unless you are running 2 R90's and with Physx and GSYNC just around the corner, let alone the cooler output and silent gaming it gives...I wouldn't spend £300+ on an AMD card right now unless you are totally and utterly brand loyal...my opinion again of course and probably slightly biast but you have facts about the 2 cards on every forum you go to - 780 is the one pal! Plus it just lo0ok so much better ha!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › ZALMAN Z11 CLUB