According to MSDS here and here, a 1% polyalkylene glycol concentration is lethal to algae and microbes. Nothing is going to grow in 15% solution for sure. Same is true for most other glycols. The enviromental spill section will call them low toxicity, since they need 0.1% concentration to inhibit algae/microbes and in most spills in rivers, it will get diluted far beyond that, but in past many used 2-3% EG for biocides, works just fine as would same of polyalkylene glycol.
post #71 of 75
7/19/12 at 7:30am