- What happened?
When going to block a user, if you click "cancel" in the box rather than "ok", it will still block the user upon refresh.
- Are you able to reproduce this problem consistently?
- What steps did you take to reproduce this problem?
1. Navigated to any post by any member (can't block staff).
2. Hover over their name and click "block member".
3. Click "cancel" in the confirmation box as to whether or not you really want to block that member.
4. After clicking "cancel", refresh the page.
5. You'll see the user is blocked even after cancelling the block.
- What action did you expect to occur when this bug appeared?
I expect that when you click "cancel" in the confirmation box, it should cancel it and NOT block the member.
- Any additional information that will help us diagnose the issue:
I was not attempting to block a user whilst finding this out. It was a misclick originally, and upon clicking cancel.... it didn't cancel
- Browser, active browser addons, and operating system:
Firefox 13.0.1, Noscript allowing OCN but blocking crowd / score / vig / quant.
- URL where the issue occurs:
Clicking "cancel" for the block user box still blocks the user
I think we'll probably just remove the 'cancel' button - this isn't really an option to select if you're not sure, and it's easy to unblock someone. It's also pretty clear when you DO block someone, so there's no harm in it. I think the cancel option just sort of exists because it exists on all pop ups by default.