Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Phones › Samsung Galaxy S3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung Galaxy S3 - Page 186

post #1851 of 2113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koehler View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LC4PON3 View Post

I love my gs3 but txting on it sucks bad. What free apps improve txting. I have big fingers and i am finding myself hitting way to many keys at once

It's called Swiftkey. Use it.


Fixed your typo wink.gif
Bravo One
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700k Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 EVGA GTX1070 SC ACX3.0 16GB EVGA DDR4-2400mhz (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 120GB WD 1TB WD 500GB WD 250GB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Windows 10 x64 24" Asus 24" Samsung  
KeyboardPowerCase
OCN/Ducky Mechanical Corsair HX520 Fractal Design Define R5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4200M HP Probook 650 G1 Intel IGP 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB DVD/RW Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 15" 
  hide details  
Reply
Bravo One
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700k Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 EVGA GTX1070 SC ACX3.0 16GB EVGA DDR4-2400mhz (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 120GB WD 1TB WD 500GB WD 250GB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Windows 10 x64 24" Asus 24" Samsung  
KeyboardPowerCase
OCN/Ducky Mechanical Corsair HX520 Fractal Design Define R5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4200M HP Probook 650 G1 Intel IGP 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB DVD/RW Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 15" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1852 of 2113
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevil View Post

I for one, hate Swype. I can't stand the keyboard layout. I prefer Jelly Bean Keyboard. biggrin.gif

Swype makes typing 1000X faster. Actually wrote an entire essay using Swype on my SGS2. It's very simple to use and very efficient.
post #1853 of 2113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koehler View Post

Swype makes typing 1000X faster. Actually wrote an entire essay using Swype on my SGS2. It's very simple to use and very efficient.

Swiftkey is actually a great KB too. I switched to it from Swype a long while ago.
post #1854 of 2113
Quote:
Originally Posted by dph314 View Post

Tried to get this but when I went to the app it said it was blocked by my carrier mad.gif.
Quote:
Originally Posted by willywill View Post

I use this app without root, its the free one so THE LITE VERSION BLOCKS HTTPS, INSTANT MESSENGERS AND GAME CONSOLE TETHERING. IF YOU WANT FULL FEATURES, PURCHASE THE FULL VERSION
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mstream.easytether_beta&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5tc3RyZWFtLmVhc3l0ZXRoZXJfYmV0YSJd

Sucks that AT&T blocks this.. but have you read this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1773829 Looks like there are a few root-free alternatives..

Really why won't you root ? Its easy to go back with TriangleAway.
OC'in beast
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8350 (Vishera) Gigabyte GA-990XA AMD 285X (unreleased) AMD 285X (unreleased) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (996679) Western Digital WD10EALS 1TB Blue Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F180GBGT-BK 180GB Intel 530 Series SSDSC2BW240A401 240GB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Sony 20X Sata DVD-RW Scythe Mugen 2 rev B (3) Scythe Slip Stream SY1225SL12H-P Antec Tri-Cool 140mm 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Antec Tri-Cool 120mm Scythe Ultra Kaze DFS123812-3000 Windows 7 Pro 64bit ASUS PA248Q 24.1" IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Coolermaster Storm QuickFire Stealth Cherry MX ... Antec Earthwatts EA-750 Antec 300 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Steel Series Starcraft 2 Marine 
  hide details  
Reply
OC'in beast
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8350 (Vishera) Gigabyte GA-990XA AMD 285X (unreleased) AMD 285X (unreleased) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (996679) Western Digital WD10EALS 1TB Blue Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F180GBGT-BK 180GB Intel 530 Series SSDSC2BW240A401 240GB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Sony 20X Sata DVD-RW Scythe Mugen 2 rev B (3) Scythe Slip Stream SY1225SL12H-P Antec Tri-Cool 140mm 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Antec Tri-Cool 120mm Scythe Ultra Kaze DFS123812-3000 Windows 7 Pro 64bit ASUS PA248Q 24.1" IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Coolermaster Storm QuickFire Stealth Cherry MX ... Antec Earthwatts EA-750 Antec 300 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Steel Series Starcraft 2 Marine 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1855 of 2113
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinf View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dph314 View Post

Tried to get this but when I went to the app it said it was blocked by my carrier mad.gif.
Quote:
Originally Posted by willywill View Post

I use this app without root, its the free one so THE LITE VERSION BLOCKS HTTPS, INSTANT MESSENGERS AND GAME CONSOLE TETHERING. IF YOU WANT FULL FEATURES, PURCHASE THE FULL VERSION
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mstream.easytether_beta&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5tc3RyZWFtLmVhc3l0ZXRoZXJfYmV0YSJd

Sucks that AT&T blocks this.. but have you read this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1773829 Looks like there are a few root-free alternatives..

Really why won't you root ? Its easy to go back with TriangleAway.

I have been planning on rooting just to overclock. Just was wondering first if it's worth it. How much of a difference it makes in games and stuff. I have the N64 emulator for Mario 64 and I'm only getting about 10-11fps. I know you don't exactly need a high framerate for those older games, but I'd like it a little higher than that. So...yeah just was looking for some feedback on people that've overclocked. Not looking to do anything too crazy, but 1.7Ghz or if it's stable, 1.8Ghz. Would this make a noticeable difference? I'm hitting a full load on the CPU so I would assume it helps at least a little. (have the US AT&T version, SGH-I747)
Edited by dph314 - 12/21/12 at 10:03am
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1856 of 2113
I'd love to OC, but I feel the kernels for the S3 are lacking. The ones that aren't stock, anyway.
Bravo One
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700k Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 EVGA GTX1070 SC ACX3.0 16GB EVGA DDR4-2400mhz (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 120GB WD 1TB WD 500GB WD 250GB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Windows 10 x64 24" Asus 24" Samsung  
KeyboardPowerCase
OCN/Ducky Mechanical Corsair HX520 Fractal Design Define R5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4200M HP Probook 650 G1 Intel IGP 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB DVD/RW Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 15" 
  hide details  
Reply
Bravo One
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700k Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 EVGA GTX1070 SC ACX3.0 16GB EVGA DDR4-2400mhz (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 120GB WD 1TB WD 500GB WD 250GB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Windows 10 x64 24" Asus 24" Samsung  
KeyboardPowerCase
OCN/Ducky Mechanical Corsair HX520 Fractal Design Define R5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4200M HP Probook 650 G1 Intel IGP 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB DVD/RW Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 15" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1857 of 2113
Quote:
Originally Posted by dph314 View Post

I have been planning on rooting just to overclock. Just was wondering first if it's worth it. How much of a difference it makes in games and stuff. I have the N64 emulator for Mario 64 and I'm only getting about 10-11fps. I know you don't exactly need a high framerate for those older games, but I'd like it a little higher than that. So...yeah just was looking for some feedback on people that've overclocked. Not looking to do anything too crazy, but 1.7Ghz or if it's stable, 1.8Ghz. Would this make a noticeable difference? I'm hitting a full load on the CPU so I would assume it helps at least a little. (have the US AT&T version, SGH-I747)

I underclock mine but don't use it for games.

S3 is a nice phone but too big for me. Your phone may not scale as well as mine or vice versa, you have to try.
Still playin
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E5200 OC -> 3.4 Ghz GA-G31M-ES2L GeForce GTX 560 Ti  8GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB Western Digital, 1TB Samsung F3 None, flash drives all the way! Windows 7 x64 Samsung Syncmaster T260HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Model M 500W CoolerMaster Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
Still playin
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E5200 OC -> 3.4 Ghz GA-G31M-ES2L GeForce GTX 560 Ti  8GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB Western Digital, 1TB Samsung F3 None, flash drives all the way! Windows 7 x64 Samsung Syncmaster T260HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Model M 500W CoolerMaster Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1858 of 2113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausicaa View Post

I underclock mine but don't use it for games.
S3 is a nice phone but too big for me. Your phone may not scale as well as mine or vice versa, you have to try.

Why would you ever want to underclock a phone?

Also if you think the SGS3 is too big, how come some girls use the SGN2?

Clearly it's because you're not used to the size or you have tiny hands.
post #1859 of 2113
Apparently US Cellular released the GS3 update today. I haven't been able to get it. Any idea on how to prompt it?
post #1860 of 2113
Just got mine. Charging smile.gif
One gear, GO!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
FX8150 Crosshair V Formula G.Skill PIS 2200 cl7 Acard ans9010 raid 0+Corsair Force 3 
Cooling
OCN Marksman 
  hide details  
Reply
One gear, GO!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
FX8150 Crosshair V Formula G.Skill PIS 2200 cl7 Acard ans9010 raid 0+Corsair Force 3 
Cooling
OCN Marksman 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Phones
Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Phones › Samsung Galaxy S3