Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Bitfenix Prodigy & Phenom Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Bitfenix Prodigy & Phenom Owner's Club - Page 517

post #5161 of 11740
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanstasiu View Post

Bah! It's easy. Buy a Rasa starter kit and you're set smile.gif

Edit;
Don't waste your money on a custom loop for FM2

And why would that be?
post #5162 of 11740
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamz6918 View Post

im thinking of mounting the rad outside on top.
im most worried about front fan>rad>gpu clearancees..

Which leads me to, How much Rad do I need to get this quiet and decent temps.(no over clocking)

Im looking for design input, for internal Rad clearances and fan options.

Im thinking:
Roof(exhaust)Rad 240x60mm http://www.coolgate.net/radiators_240_cu.htm push/pull
Rear(outside)intake/exhaust))Rad 120x30mm-60mm
Front(200x20mm intake fan) Rad180-200x30mm

will it fit?

i was thinking about the switech h220 for pumping and changing rads around, and adding a lil res.

I dont think it will fit i had to change to a 7970 because the 690 is too damn long mad.gif I had clearance issues with the front 180mm rad and a 32mm fan i am getting today a 25mm fan hopefully this one will do the job .... You could also mount the front fan outside the case but you will have to mod it and i am not very skilled in that area
X99 Hackintosh
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k @ 4.6 Asus X99 Deluxe Gtx 980's in SLI 32GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB Samsung 830 Pro with OSX Custom Loop  Dell Ultrawide U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710 Evga G1300 Phanteks Enthoo Primo Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Reply
X99 Hackintosh
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k @ 4.6 Asus X99 Deluxe Gtx 980's in SLI 32GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB Samsung 830 Pro with OSX Custom Loop  Dell Ultrawide U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G710 Evga G1300 Phanteks Enthoo Primo Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5163 of 11740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilaence View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanstasiu View Post

Bah! It's easy. Buy a Rasa starter kit and you're set smile.gif

Edit;
Don't waste your money on a custom loop for FM2

And why would that be?

Well ... why do you WANT to watercool it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shremi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamz6918 View Post

im thinking of mounting the rad outside on top.
im most worried about front fan>rad>gpu clearancees..

Which leads me to, How much Rad do I need to get this quiet and decent temps.(no over clocking)

Im looking for design input, for internal Rad clearances and fan options.

Im thinking:
Roof(exhaust)Rad 240x60mm http://www.coolgate.net/radiators_240_cu.htm push/pull
Rear(outside)intake/exhaust))Rad 120x30mm-60mm
Front(200x20mm intake fan) Rad180-200x30mm

will it fit?

i was thinking about the switech h220 for pumping and changing rads around, and adding a lil res.

I dont think it will fit i had to change to a 7970 because the 690 is too damn long mad.gif I had clearance issues with the front 180mm rad and a 32mm fan i am getting today a 25mm fan hopefully this one will do the job .... You could also mount the front fan outside the case but you will have to mod it and i am not very skilled in that area

If you mounted the front fan externally it would look really ugly tongue.gif What thickness was the 180 rad ?
Edited by dmanstasiu - 2/6/13 at 2:05pm
Feed The Dada
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-2600k Asrock Z77e-itx MSI 7970 Samsung 30nm 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250GB SSD H100 w/ 2x SP120 Antec Kuhler 920 w/ 1x SP120 Linux Ubuntu 10.10 
PowerCaseAudioAudio
Seasonic X650 Bitfenix Prodigy E07K HFI-580 
  hide details  
Reply
Feed The Dada
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-2600k Asrock Z77e-itx MSI 7970 Samsung 30nm 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250GB SSD H100 w/ 2x SP120 Antec Kuhler 920 w/ 1x SP120 Linux Ubuntu 10.10 
PowerCaseAudioAudio
Seasonic X650 Bitfenix Prodigy E07K HFI-580 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5164 of 11740
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanstasiu View Post

Well ... why do you WANT to watercool it?

Because I plan on OC'ing it... why else? I already plan on getting an H80 or H100 anyway... so I'll have some kind of water cooling.
post #5165 of 11740
as far as i can tell
690=279.4mm
180/200 rad =30-32mm (i say 180 rad -maybe to offset for room?)
fan=20/25mm

329.4(330)mm
to
337mm roughly
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel BX80637I73770K ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE/WD LGA 1155 Intel Z77 Mini ... ASUS GTXTITAN-6GD5 CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB 2133 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD512BW EK-D5 X-Res TOP 100 CSQ 7 Pro BenQ XL2420TX Black-Red 24 
PowerCaseOtherOther
AX760i Digital ATX Power Supply — 760 Watt 80 P... Bitfenix Prodigy Black Cooler Master Excalibur Barometric Ball Bearing... XSPC EX240 Multiport Series Copper Dual-Fan Rad... 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel BX80637I73770K ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE/WD LGA 1155 Intel Z77 Mini ... ASUS GTXTITAN-6GD5 CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB 2133 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD512BW EK-D5 X-Res TOP 100 CSQ 7 Pro BenQ XL2420TX Black-Red 24 
PowerCaseOtherOther
AX760i Digital ATX Power Supply — 760 Watt 80 P... Bitfenix Prodigy Black Cooler Master Excalibur Barometric Ball Bearing... XSPC EX240 Multiport Series Copper Dual-Fan Rad... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5166 of 11740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pestilaence View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanstasiu View Post

Well ... why do you WANT to watercool it?

Because I plan on OC'ing it... why else? I already plan on getting an H80 or H100 anyway... so I'll have some kind of water cooling.

Idk, overclocking FM2 is kind of a joke tongue.gif Do as you please man. The AMD chips run really cool, my X4 955 ran 4.2GHz at 53C load with an A70. Even an H100 will keep that thing nice and cool. That being said, if you want to overclock aggressively, you'll need to judge how much money you're ready to invest for better cooling.
Feed The Dada
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-2600k Asrock Z77e-itx MSI 7970 Samsung 30nm 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250GB SSD H100 w/ 2x SP120 Antec Kuhler 920 w/ 1x SP120 Linux Ubuntu 10.10 
PowerCaseAudioAudio
Seasonic X650 Bitfenix Prodigy E07K HFI-580 
  hide details  
Reply
Feed The Dada
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-2600k Asrock Z77e-itx MSI 7970 Samsung 30nm 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Samsung 840 250GB SSD H100 w/ 2x SP120 Antec Kuhler 920 w/ 1x SP120 Linux Ubuntu 10.10 
PowerCaseAudioAudio
Seasonic X650 Bitfenix Prodigy E07K HFI-580 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5167 of 11740
http://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/chassis/prodigy#specs

"Dimensions (WxHxD) 250 x 404 x 359mm
Internal Dimensions (WxHxD) 250 x 310 x 340 = 26.35 liters"
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel BX80637I73770K ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE/WD LGA 1155 Intel Z77 Mini ... ASUS GTXTITAN-6GD5 CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB 2133 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD512BW EK-D5 X-Res TOP 100 CSQ 7 Pro BenQ XL2420TX Black-Red 24 
PowerCaseOtherOther
AX760i Digital ATX Power Supply — 760 Watt 80 P... Bitfenix Prodigy Black Cooler Master Excalibur Barometric Ball Bearing... XSPC EX240 Multiport Series Copper Dual-Fan Rad... 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel BX80637I73770K ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE/WD LGA 1155 Intel Z77 Mini ... ASUS GTXTITAN-6GD5 CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB 2133 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD512BW EK-D5 X-Res TOP 100 CSQ 7 Pro BenQ XL2420TX Black-Red 24 
PowerCaseOtherOther
AX760i Digital ATX Power Supply — 760 Watt 80 P... Bitfenix Prodigy Black Cooler Master Excalibur Barometric Ball Bearing... XSPC EX240 Multiport Series Copper Dual-Fan Rad... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5168 of 11740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakikuze View Post

monochromos worklog

some more pic Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






Me likey.....me likey a lot....
Muh Rig
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 3770 Ivy Bridge H61 mini ITX Galaxy GTX 680 GC 4gb 8gb 1600mhz DDR3 Ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
256gb Samsung 830 SSD 3tb Seagate Barracuda XT Hard Drive LG DVD Burner - GH24NS50 Cooler Master Sickleflow 120mm fan x 2 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm White Recon Fan Controller Windows 8 64bit ASUS VG278H 27" 120hz 3D LED Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Nostromo Keypad OCZ ModXstream Pro 700 Modular PSU Artic White Bitfenix Prodigy Logitech G700 Wireless Gaming Mouse  
Audio
Logitech - Z506 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
Muh Rig
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 3770 Ivy Bridge H61 mini ITX Galaxy GTX 680 GC 4gb 8gb 1600mhz DDR3 Ram 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
256gb Samsung 830 SSD 3tb Seagate Barracuda XT Hard Drive LG DVD Burner - GH24NS50 Cooler Master Sickleflow 120mm fan x 2 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm White Recon Fan Controller Windows 8 64bit ASUS VG278H 27" 120hz 3D LED Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Nostromo Keypad OCZ ModXstream Pro 700 Modular PSU Artic White Bitfenix Prodigy Logitech G700 Wireless Gaming Mouse  
Audio
Logitech - Z506 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5169 of 11740
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanstasiu View Post

Idk, overclocking FM2 is kind of a joke tongue.gif Do as you please man. The AMD chips run really cool, my X4 955 ran 4.2GHz at 53C load with an A70. Even an H100 will keep that thing nice and cool. That being said, if you want to overclock aggressively, you'll need to judge how much money you're ready to invest for better cooling.

I'm curious why you think it's a joke to OC the FM2. You may be thinking of the FM1 CPU's.
Edited by Pestilaence - 2/6/13 at 2:43pm
post #5170 of 11740
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofJor-El View Post

Well I am officially on my Prodigy rig as I write this biggrin.gif It is nowhere near where I intend it to be yet and the wiring so far looks like crap. I am working on white wiring and I have pure white connectors from PSU to motherboard. Audioholic will sleeve the wires when done with the Paracord I ordered fro Lutro0 thumb.gif I am also waiting on my panels from Teh Rav3n biggrin.gif so in essence my Fortress of Solitude is nearing completion but is usable at the time being biggrin.gif

Please forgive the mess as we are renovating tongue.gif


Isnt first time that I see that front panel, where can i buy? thx
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Bitfenix Prodigy & Phenom Owner's Club