Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Bitfenix Prodigy & Phenom Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Bitfenix Prodigy & Phenom Owner's Club - Page 637

post #6361 of 11743
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzo_pc View Post

no air cooling?
I can't see FM2 compatibility in antec 620

I'm not sure about the Antec stuff, but I do know that the Corsair H series works, as well as the H(i). I have an FM2 socket, and an H100.
post #6362 of 11743
Guys im half way through my prodigy build and am awaiting the rest of my bits but am having second thoughts about my psu. I bought a corsair tx650m and it seems a decent high quality psu, but with the modular pci connectors attached its quite tight on the rear panel, I also have quite a lot of non modular connections which im not using but are obviously still attached. (See below pic)


So was thinking wether I should get a fully modular but shorter psu, now as you've probably guessed since there aren't many short fully modular psu's, im talking about the Silverstone strider st65f-g http://www.scan.co.uk/products/650w-silverstone-sst-st65f-g-strider-psu-silent-modular-80-plus-gold was also thinking of getting the short cable pack or fully sleeved cables for it but looking at reviews and unboxing videos the quality doesn't seem anywhere near corsair so am here looking for advice from anyone who has used it or has one.

Also being its 80 plus gold would be a bonus for me aswell. Any advice on wether I should keep the corsair or switch to the Silverstone would be appreciated. Need to also know how reliable and quite it is to.
Ghost Hawk
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 7600k Asus Z270G Strix ROG EVGA GTX 1070 FE Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 3000mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Noctua NH-U12S Windows 10 Pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VS228H Alienware TactX Corsair AX860 Corsair Crystal 460X RGB  
MouseAudio
Alienware TactX Corsair SP2500 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Ghost Hawk
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 7600k Asus Z270G Strix ROG EVGA GTX 1070 FE Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 3000mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Noctua NH-U12S Windows 10 Pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VS228H Alienware TactX Corsair AX860 Corsair Crystal 460X RGB  
MouseAudio
Alienware TactX Corsair SP2500 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6363 of 11743
Silverstone makes really good psu. I have build 30 rigs with ss strider gold and maybe had 1 out of box doa and maybe 4 down the road die
post #6364 of 11743
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyReZar View Post

Guys im half way through my prodigy build and am awaiting the rest of my bits but am having second thoughts about my psu. I bought a corsair tx650m and it seems a decent high quality psu, but with the modular pci connectors attached its quite tight on the rear panel, I also have quite a lot of non modular connections which im not using but are obviously still attached. (See below pic)


So was thinking wether I should get a fully modular but shorter psu, now as you've probably guessed since there aren't many short fully modular psu's, im talking about the Silverstone strider st65f-g http://www.scan.co.uk/products/650w-silverstone-sst-st65f-g-strider-psu-silent-modular-80-plus-gold was also thinking of getting the short cable pack or fully sleeved cables for it but looking at reviews and unboxing videos the quality doesn't seem anywhere near corsair so am here looking for advice from anyone who has used it or has one.

Also being its 80 plus gold would be a bonus for me aswell. Any advice on wether I should keep the corsair or switch to the Silverstone would be appreciated. Need to also know how reliable and quite it is to.

Others have been using standoffs, such as motherboard standoffs, THIS Lian Li PSU extender or cutting a hole the the PSU plate for the cables smile.gif
post #6365 of 11743
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofJor-El View Post

Others have been using standoffs, such as motherboard standoffs, THIS Lian Li PSU extender or cutting a hole the the PSU plate for the cables smile.gif

^This
post #6366 of 11743
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatzelle303 View Post

Silverstone makes really good psu. I have build 30 rigs with ss strider gold and maybe had 1 out of box doa and maybe 4 down the road die
That's interesting to know, thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofJor-El View Post

Others have been using standoffs, such as motherboard standoffs, THIS Lian Li PSU extender or cutting a hole the the PSU plate for the cables smile.gif
Ah I see, that's a good idea.
Also just realised the warranty of the Silverstone is two years less than the corsair and is about another £10 more than the corsair so i'll probably stick with the corsair then I think. I mean the modular pci e cables are only just touching the rear of the cage and I wont see the wires when the sides are on so unless the Silverstone dramatically drops in price, I think i'lll stick with the tx650m smile.gif

Thanks, btw could I be added to the group? biggrin.gif
Ghost Hawk
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 7600k Asus Z270G Strix ROG EVGA GTX 1070 FE Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 3000mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Noctua NH-U12S Windows 10 Pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VS228H Alienware TactX Corsair AX860 Corsair Crystal 460X RGB  
MouseAudio
Alienware TactX Corsair SP2500 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Ghost Hawk
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 7600k Asus Z270G Strix ROG EVGA GTX 1070 FE Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 3000mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Noctua NH-U12S Windows 10 Pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VS228H Alienware TactX Corsair AX860 Corsair Crystal 460X RGB  
MouseAudio
Alienware TactX Corsair SP2500 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6367 of 11743
Added you RyReZar and welcome thumb.gif
post #6368 of 11743
Quote:
Originally Posted by longroadtrip View Post

Did somebody say "Yin?" biggrin.gif

thumb.gif Nice looking build..we need interior shots too!

Longroadtrip here's those snaps you requested of Yin.

Congrats to SonofJor-El on your new position thumb.gif
Please add me to the Yin list !

For info the specs are

i7 3770K with Noctua NH-D14 loaded
Asus P8Z77-I
Asus GTX 670 DC2
8 Gb Samsung Green Low Profile RAM
SILVERSTONE ST55F-G 550W with PP05 Short cable Kit
Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb
WD 3Tb
Bitfenix Recon
Cooling is 230mm Spectre Pro Front - 2 x 120mm spectres Top - 140mm Spectre Rear





ps sorry about the mess, I don't usually have company looking inside my case ! biggrin.gif
MK II
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Asrock Z77e EVGA GTX 680 Signature Corsair Vengeance LP 2 x 4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb Western Digital 3Tb Bitfenix Recon Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64-bit Dell Ultrasharp U2711 SteelSeries Merc Stealth Silverstone Strider Gold 550W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Bitfenix Prodigy Yin Logitech G9x SteelSeries Gel JBL Creature 2 
  hide details  
Reply
MK II
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Asrock Z77e EVGA GTX 680 Signature Corsair Vengeance LP 2 x 4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb Western Digital 3Tb Bitfenix Recon Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64-bit Dell Ultrasharp U2711 SteelSeries Merc Stealth Silverstone Strider Gold 550W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Bitfenix Prodigy Yin Logitech G9x SteelSeries Gel JBL Creature 2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6369 of 11743
Wow! You've got that case packed full! biggrin.gif

How do you like your Recon? I've got a black one going into Yang...
monsterITX
(13 items)
 
mPowered
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k EVGA Z87 Stinger Sapphire 290x EVGA  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Samsung 850 Evo Seagate Barracuda Seagate Barracuda Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
LG 34UM65 EVGA Supernova 750G Case Labs Mercury S3 Logitech Performance MX 
Audio
Denon AVR-1913 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4770k MSI MPower Max AC MSI GTX 780 Lightning MSI GTX 780 Lightning 
RAMHard DrivePowerCase
GSkill Trident Samsung 850 Pro EVGA 1300 Watt Case Labs Mercury S8 
  hide details  
Reply
monsterITX
(13 items)
 
mPowered
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k EVGA Z87 Stinger Sapphire 290x EVGA  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Samsung 850 Evo Seagate Barracuda Seagate Barracuda Windows 7 Pro 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
LG 34UM65 EVGA Supernova 750G Case Labs Mercury S3 Logitech Performance MX 
Audio
Denon AVR-1913 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4770k MSI MPower Max AC MSI GTX 780 Lightning MSI GTX 780 Lightning 
RAMHard DrivePowerCase
GSkill Trident Samsung 850 Pro EVGA 1300 Watt Case Labs Mercury S8 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6370 of 11743
OP up to date

Edit: Thanks majaboll and you have been added!
Edited by SonofJor-El - 4/2/13 at 11:31am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Bitfenix Prodigy & Phenom Owner's Club