Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Bitfenix Prodigy & Phenom Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Bitfenix Prodigy & Phenom Owner's Club - Page 839

post #8381 of 11729
Seasonic G550 80+ Gold PSU
Zizou
(10 items)
 
Wife's PC
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4790k Asus Maximus Hero VII GTX 780 GTX 780 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16GB Vengenace Samsung 840 EVO 250GB WD 1TB h100i 
PowerCase
EVGA 850w G2 Corsair Obsidian 450D 
  hide details  
Reply
Zizou
(10 items)
 
Wife's PC
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4790k Asus Maximus Hero VII GTX 780 GTX 780 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
16GB Vengenace Samsung 840 EVO 250GB WD 1TB h100i 
PowerCase
EVGA 850w G2 Corsair Obsidian 450D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8382 of 11729
Made a few tweaks and now I feel like my Prodigy SketchUp model is pretty much complete:



Now includes windowed side panel:



You can easily change the exterior color by just applying the new color material to the main group, all the appropriate bits will have the color applied. Then you'll want to go to the material browser and change the "Prodigy Frame" material to black (as far as I can tell all the colored models have the black-painted frame):



Most all the details are modeled and accurate to about 1 mm or so.

DL: http://scc.jezmckean.com/item/614

Credit goes to Steini Freyr for the plastic handles/feet

Edit: changed download link to the SketchUp Components Collection
Edited by Aibohphobia - 7/21/13 at 11:20am
post #8383 of 11729
^ Awesome work. thumb.gif

I really got to learn my way around Sketch Up.
post #8384 of 11729


hi guys, I have a question, based on the pic above, is this kind of setup is ok for a good airflow? all fans are 120mm, the top fans are stock bitfenix prodigy fans, i got a 2000rpm fan in front and antec kuhler 620 at the back.
2016 Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k MSI Z170A Gaming Pro MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X DDR4 Hyper X Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston SSD Now Seagate SSHD Hybrid Seagate HDD Antec Kuhler 620 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 10 Cooler Master TKL Seasonic m12ii evo 850 Phanteks Enthoo Tempered 
Mouse
Logitech G402 
  hide details  
Reply
2016 Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k MSI Z170A Gaming Pro MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X DDR4 Hyper X Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston SSD Now Seagate SSHD Hybrid Seagate HDD Antec Kuhler 620 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 10 Cooler Master TKL Seasonic m12ii evo 850 Phanteks Enthoo Tempered 
Mouse
Logitech G402 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8385 of 11729
Quote:
Originally Posted by theDARKW0LF View Post

Silverstone 550 watt 80+ Gold fully modular, best power supply I've owned and only 140mm in length, perfect for the Bitfenix! Also, I recommend the PP05 Short Cable set which makes cable management far easier!

Did you put that PSU in your Prodigy? I bought the same one I think and I had to take the firm rubber stuff off the ends of the cables because they wouldn't bend enough to get the PSU right in there. Didn't take very long but was kind of annoying tongue.gif\

I definitely wouldn't wanna go much bigger if any than that PSU for the Prodigy though! I wish they had a big hole across the whole front of the PSU cage
post #8386 of 11729
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr4p View Post



hi guys, I have a question, based on the pic above, is this kind of setup is ok for a good airflow? all fans are 120mm, the top fans are stock bitfenix prodigy fans, i got a 2000rpm fan in front and antec kuhler 620 at the back.

It should work fine, though the intake on your rear fan/Antec rad is not filtered, so you will have a larger dust build up. To avoid this, you can have the front and top as intakes and have the rear fan as exhaust. I'm not sure if it would increase CPU temps, but that config means less dust and positive air pressure. If you don't care too much about the dust and you clean your PC regularly, then your diagram is fine as it is.

I'm actually changing my loop to be the same thing at the moment with a filter at the rear. I'm planning to have my rear 120mm intake, 2x 120mm on top as push/pull exhaust with a 240mm rad, and 2x 120mm intake at the front with a 120mm rad on one of the fans. I'll try to post photos when I finish redoing my loop.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K [Delid] Asrock Z77E-ITX XFX Radeon R9 Fury X G.SKILL 2133MHz 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB Silicon Power S60 120GB Western Digital Blue Scorpio 1TB Seagate Constellation 2 1TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech Apogee Drive II XSPC RX240+EX240 [Painted White] 5x 2150RPM Gentle Typhoons PWM [Painted Black+W... Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 80 Inline Reservoir  
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 LG 34UC88-B 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440 75Hz HP ZR2240w IPS WASD CODE 87-Key [MX Clear + PBT Keycaps] 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonix X-750 Case Labs Mercury S3 Logitech G502 Sennheiser HD 598 SE 
Audio
Micca OriGen 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K [Delid] Asrock Z77E-ITX XFX Radeon R9 Fury X G.SKILL 2133MHz 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB Silicon Power S60 120GB Western Digital Blue Scorpio 1TB Seagate Constellation 2 1TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech Apogee Drive II XSPC RX240+EX240 [Painted White] 5x 2150RPM Gentle Typhoons PWM [Painted Black+W... Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 80 Inline Reservoir  
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 LG 34UC88-B 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440 75Hz HP ZR2240w IPS WASD CODE 87-Key [MX Clear + PBT Keycaps] 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonix X-750 Case Labs Mercury S3 Logitech G502 Sennheiser HD 598 SE 
Audio
Micca OriGen 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8387 of 11729
Quote:
Originally Posted by void View Post

^ Awesome work. thumb.gif

I really got to learn my way around Sketch Up.

Thanks

SketchUp is the easiest 3D modeling program to learn that I've tried. If you just want to play around with build ideas than you can get going in an hour or two. You can find all sorts of computer parts at the SketchUp Components Collection and the 3D Warehouse. Just download the parts you want, import them into your model, and start putting them together like Legos.
post #8388 of 11729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokin View Post

It should work fine, though the intake on your rear fan/Antec rad is not filtered, so you will have a larger dust build up. To avoid this, you can have the front and top as intakes and have the rear fan as exhaust. I'm not sure if it would increase CPU temps, but that config means less dust and positive air pressure. If you don't care too much about the dust and you clean your PC regularly, then your diagram is fine as it is.

I'm actually changing my loop to be the same thing at the moment with a filter at the rear. I'm planning to have my rear 120mm intake, 2x 120mm on top as push/pull exhaust with a 240mm rad, and 2x 120mm intake at the front with a 120mm rad on one of the fans. I'll try to post photos when I finish redoing my loop.

Oh I forgot to mention that the rear intake is filtered. biggrin.gif I'm more concerned for the intake of the GPU on the side. I have a twin frozer so I need to have exhausts going up. Thanks BTW.
2016 Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k MSI Z170A Gaming Pro MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X DDR4 Hyper X Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston SSD Now Seagate SSHD Hybrid Seagate HDD Antec Kuhler 620 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 10 Cooler Master TKL Seasonic m12ii evo 850 Phanteks Enthoo Tempered 
Mouse
Logitech G402 
  hide details  
Reply
2016 Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k MSI Z170A Gaming Pro MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X DDR4 Hyper X Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston SSD Now Seagate SSHD Hybrid Seagate HDD Antec Kuhler 620 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 10 Cooler Master TKL Seasonic m12ii evo 850 Phanteks Enthoo Tempered 
Mouse
Logitech G402 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8389 of 11729
Hi Guys, I hope this is the best place for me to ask.

I'm about to buy a prodigy case next week. BUT after doing some searching, many people say if you want the best airflow its best to get the Black one, because it has a mesh front panel instead of the rubbery soft touch version where other colors have. And in order for the soft touch version to draw air from the font is through the side vents and not directly though the front like the mesh...

So I was wondering, do you get meshed front panel for other colors beside the black?
Because I want either the red or orange?

Lastly, does having a side window reduce the cooling capabilities?

Thanks
Key
Mini Gamer
(9 items)
 
24/7 rig
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K AsRock Z77E-ITX Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor-X 3GB Boost Edition Corsair Vengeance LowProfile DDR3 1600 16GB (2 ... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
ADATA 128GB SSD Corsair H60 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit LG iPS 277L-BN 27" LED 
Case
Lian Li PC-Q08 Mini-Q 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 Biostart I45 TPower LGA 775 Sapphire HD 6450 Silent 1GB ADATA Value Ram 2 x 1GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 500GB + 1TB Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit Samsung T240 24" 1200p 
PowerCase
Thermaltake Lite Power 450w Cooler Master CM690 
  hide details  
Reply
Mini Gamer
(9 items)
 
24/7 rig
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K AsRock Z77E-ITX Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor-X 3GB Boost Edition Corsair Vengeance LowProfile DDR3 1600 16GB (2 ... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
ADATA 128GB SSD Corsair H60 Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit LG iPS 277L-BN 27" LED 
Case
Lian Li PC-Q08 Mini-Q 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 Biostart I45 TPower LGA 775 Sapphire HD 6450 Silent 1GB ADATA Value Ram 2 x 1GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 500GB + 1TB Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit Samsung T240 24" 1200p 
PowerCase
Thermaltake Lite Power 450w Cooler Master CM690 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8390 of 11729
Quote:
Originally Posted by keymaster07 View Post

Hi Guys, I hope this is the best place for me to ask.

I'm about to buy a prodigy case next week. BUT after doing some searching, many people say if you want the best airflow its best to get the Black one, because it has a mesh front panel instead of the rubbery soft touch version where other colors have. And in order for the soft touch version to draw air from the font is through the side vents and not directly though the front like the mesh...

So I was wondering, do you get meshed front panel for other colors beside the black?
Because I want either the red or orange?

Lastly, does having a side window reduce the cooling capabilities?

Thanks
Key

You can get different colored mesh front panels separately.

Red: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=130_158_1175&products_id=36929

Orange: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=130_158_1175&products_id=37093

Having a window instead of the stock mesh side panel may have an effect depending on the video card and what front fan you go with.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Bitfenix Prodigy & Phenom Owner's Club