Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › How does the razer stealth compare to other red switch mechanical keyboards?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How does the razer stealth compare to other red switch mechanical keyboards?

post #1 of 30
Thread Starter 
How does the razer stealth compare to other red switch mechanical keyboards?
I been looking at the razer stealth and the Filco Majestouch Ninja red switch keyboard but I couldn't find anyone comparing them, I seen people compare it to the filco brown switch keyboard.
Another question I have is I see the new Filco Majestouch Ninja red switch but I've seen some other boards called Ninja Majestouch 2, what is the difference? and why don't I see them in red switch version?
If I need Media buttons is razer stealth my best bet? I love to play games and would love to get a mechanical keyboard, red switches is probably my best bet since they are the quietest of the bunch,
post #2 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellover009 View Post

How does the razer stealth compare to other red switch mechanical keyboards?
I been looking at the razer stealth and the Filco Majestouch Ninja red switch keyboard but I couldn't find anyone comparing them, I seen people compare it to the filco brown switch keyboard.
Another question I have is I see the new Filco Majestouch Ninja red switch but I've seen some other boards called Ninja Majestouch 2, what is the difference? and why don't I see them in red switch version?
If I need Media buttons is razer stealth my best bet? I love to play games and would love to get a mechanical keyboard, red switches is probably my best bet since they are the quietest of the bunch,

The Razer stealth uses Cherry Brown switches from what I remember. Reds are simply lighter blacks but the browns are slightly less tactile then the blues and also lack that clicky sound.

Also I'm really not sure what the difference is between those two. I have heard that the key caps are made differently but I can't find anywhere to 100% confirm that.

Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless with Cherry Reds (Canada NCIX)
Filco Majestouch 2 with Cherry Reds (England)

I can't seam to find any companies that are based in the US. You can see if either of those will ship it to the States if you're here.

This is probably your best bet since it does have the Cherry Reds
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816002
Blue Steel
(20 items)
 
HTPC
(12 items)
 
Macbook
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 MSI P55-GD80 Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1gb Kingston Hyper X Fury 4x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung F3 1tb Samsung 830 64Gb Western Digital Green 1tb Samsung 850 EVO 500gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On Blu-Ray Player Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Acer S231HLBID 23" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 32" 1080P Razer BlackWidow Rocketfish 900W HAF 912 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G402 Hyperion Steel Series QcK Asus Xonar DG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 Asus P7P55D-E Pro XFX 5570 Corsair XMS3 2x1gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black 640Gb HP DVD1260 Cooler Master GeminII S524 Windows 7 Enterprise x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Vizio 32" 1080 Corsair 650TX Silverstone LC13B-E Droid X2 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo GMA X3100 4GB DDR2 667 MHz 120 GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorCase
MATSHITADVD-R UJ-867 Mac OS X 13 Macbook 
Mouse
Microsoft Arc 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue Steel
(20 items)
 
HTPC
(12 items)
 
Macbook
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 MSI P55-GD80 Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1gb Kingston Hyper X Fury 4x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung F3 1tb Samsung 830 64Gb Western Digital Green 1tb Samsung 850 EVO 500gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On Blu-Ray Player Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Acer S231HLBID 23" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 32" 1080P Razer BlackWidow Rocketfish 900W HAF 912 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G402 Hyperion Steel Series QcK Asus Xonar DG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 Asus P7P55D-E Pro XFX 5570 Corsair XMS3 2x1gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black 640Gb HP DVD1260 Cooler Master GeminII S524 Windows 7 Enterprise x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Vizio 32" 1080 Corsair 650TX Silverstone LC13B-E Droid X2 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo GMA X3100 4GB DDR2 667 MHz 120 GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorCase
MATSHITADVD-R UJ-867 Mac OS X 13 Macbook 
Mouse
Microsoft Arc 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 30
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the reply man, for some reason I thought the razer was using red switches, I have looked at the Corsair keyboard, only thing that is preventing me from liking it more is that it's a hybrid keyboard as in there is a good amount of the keys that are not mechanical.
Only reason I lean towards red switches are that they are quieter than some other switches and light, I also hear on games it's easier to double tap on the red switches compared to the browns because they are more tactile and require a longer travel to actuate.
worst come to worst maybe get http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Technology-NA16029-Multimedia-Controller/dp/B003VWU2WA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341843955&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+media+controller as a media controller, I just need an external volume control, that's all.
post #4 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellover009 View Post

Thanks for the reply man, for some reason I thought the razer was using red switches, I have looked at the Corsair keyboard, only thing that is preventing me from liking it more is that it's a hybrid keyboard as in there is a good amount of the keys that are not mechanical.
Only reason I lean towards red switches are that they are quieter than some other switches and light, I also hear on games it's easier to double tap on the red switches compared to the browns because they are more tactile and require a longer travel to actuate.
worst come to worst maybe get http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Technology-NA16029-Multimedia-Controller/dp/B003VWU2WA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341843955&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+media+controller as a media controller, I just need an external volume control, that's all.
I did a quick skim over a review of the K90 and it seams that only the G keys and the function keys are rubber dome which will hardly get used. The bulk of the keys are still Cherry Reds and those are the important ones.
Blue Steel
(20 items)
 
HTPC
(12 items)
 
Macbook
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 MSI P55-GD80 Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1gb Kingston Hyper X Fury 4x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung F3 1tb Samsung 830 64Gb Western Digital Green 1tb Samsung 850 EVO 500gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On Blu-Ray Player Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Acer S231HLBID 23" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 32" 1080P Razer BlackWidow Rocketfish 900W HAF 912 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G402 Hyperion Steel Series QcK Asus Xonar DG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 Asus P7P55D-E Pro XFX 5570 Corsair XMS3 2x1gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black 640Gb HP DVD1260 Cooler Master GeminII S524 Windows 7 Enterprise x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Vizio 32" 1080 Corsair 650TX Silverstone LC13B-E Droid X2 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo GMA X3100 4GB DDR2 667 MHz 120 GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorCase
MATSHITADVD-R UJ-867 Mac OS X 13 Macbook 
Mouse
Microsoft Arc 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue Steel
(20 items)
 
HTPC
(12 items)
 
Macbook
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 MSI P55-GD80 Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1gb Kingston Hyper X Fury 4x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung F3 1tb Samsung 830 64Gb Western Digital Green 1tb Samsung 850 EVO 500gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On Blu-Ray Player Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Acer S231HLBID 23" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 32" 1080P Razer BlackWidow Rocketfish 900W HAF 912 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G402 Hyperion Steel Series QcK Asus Xonar DG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 Asus P7P55D-E Pro XFX 5570 Corsair XMS3 2x1gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black 640Gb HP DVD1260 Cooler Master GeminII S524 Windows 7 Enterprise x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Vizio 32" 1080 Corsair 650TX Silverstone LC13B-E Droid X2 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo GMA X3100 4GB DDR2 667 MHz 120 GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorCase
MATSHITADVD-R UJ-867 Mac OS X 13 Macbook 
Mouse
Microsoft Arc 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellover009 View Post

Thanks for the reply man, for some reason I thought the razer was using red switches, I have looked at the Corsair keyboard, only thing that is preventing me from liking it more is that it's a hybrid keyboard as in there is a good amount of the keys that are not mechanical.
Only reason I lean towards red switches are that they are quieter than some other switches and light, I also hear on games it's easier to double tap on the red switches compared to the browns because they are more tactile and require a longer travel to actuate.
worst come to worst maybe get http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Technology-NA16029-Multimedia-Controller/dp/B003VWU2WA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341843955&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+media+controller as a media controller, I just need an external volume control, that's all.


Hi,

Just keep in mind that only the blues make noise when you actuate them. The noise that you hear from using your keyboard actually come from bottoming out your keys. You might want to try stiffer switches if you tend to bottom them out and dont want to (blacks, for instance, are stiffer reds).
post #6 of 30
Thread Starter 
I tried blue switches and black ones, not my cup of tea, brown are ok, but I like the idea of reds because they are not tactile, I can double tap in game easier, there is also less resistance for the key to actuate. I know the only big difference between the red and the browns are tactile and give or take the browns might have and extra 10g peak force. I looked at the keyboard guide, browns are optional but I would rather go red.
post #7 of 30
Thread Starter 
Whats better for gaming? red switches or brown? aren't brown really quieter blues?
post #8 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellover009 View Post

Whats better for gaming? red switches or brown? aren't brown really quieter blues?


It's not ''better'' for gaming, it really comes to your personal preferences. If you tried the black switches you should have a good idea on how the red feels since the only difference with them is the force required to actuate them.

Brown are 'quieter' than blues in the way that they wont make a clicky noise, but keep in mind that bottoming them out will still produce noise. Red switches are personally my favourites.
post #9 of 30
Thread Starter 
OK so what are some of the better red switch keyboards.
So far I know about the
Corsair K60 and K90 wish that the F keys were mechanical thou since I use em a lot.
Filco Majestouch Ninja
Cooler Master storm - wish they had a full keyboard
I once heard they were making a duckie keyboard with backlit but I haven't seen much on it, dunno if they sell em in red.
post #10 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellover009 View Post

OK so what are some of the better red switch keyboards.
So far I know about the
Corsair K60 and K90 wish that the F keys were mechanical thou since I use em a lot.
Filco Majestouch Ninja
Cooler Master storm - wish they had a full keyboard
I once heard they were making a duckie keyboard with backlit but I haven't seen much on it, dunno if they sell em in red.

I like my Filco but it's a really expensive keyboard.

CM storm DO have a full keyboard, the quickfire PRO.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Keyboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › How does the razer stealth compare to other red switch mechanical keyboards?