Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] MSI GTX 680 Lightning Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] MSI GTX 680 Lightning Owners Club - Page 167

post #1661 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post

i wont be back at my place for another two hours.. im dying to try this right now!! Have you tried it yet??

I'm dying to get out of work! I'll be home in half an hour wink.gif
Just tell her you gotta go man. Just tell her you gotta go.
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1662 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by dph314 View Post

I'm dying to get out of work! I'll be home in half an hour wink.gif
Just tell her you gotta go man. Just tell her you gotta go.

IMG_20120729_194244[1].jpg 1400k .jpg file
took me ages to find using memory editor.......cant seem to narrow results as quick as the other guy said.....and extra volts make me hard crash but proud i got it working lol
post #1663 of 7827
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam350 View Post

IMG_20120729_194244[1].jpg 1400k .jpg file
took me ages to find using memory editor.......cant seem to narrow results as quick as the other guy said.....and extra volts make me hard crash but proud i got it working lol

wonder why? maybe too much heat? even if youre running at same speed as before but just with extra volts?
Extreme OC
(52 photos)
  
Reply
Extreme OC
(52 photos)
  
Reply
post #1664 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam350 View Post

IMG_20120729_194244[1].jpg 1400k .jpg file
took me ages to find using memory editor.......cant seem to narrow results as quick as the other guy said.....and extra volts make me hard crash but proud i got it working lol


I'm having a hard time finding anything using the memory editor.

I need someone to guide me step by step. I see nothing in right colums by items, or far left column. Also there is a message on bottom left corner saying "Access Is Denied"

Edited by Bosniac - 7/29/12 at 4:02am
post #1665 of 7827
OK basically i had troubble too kust fluked it......scrolled down the massive list of numbers till i found it

Umm kept under 70 degrees just .... tried +10mhz more with the extra voltage and scored less than before.....im thinking maybe a OCP mod is needed need to short the 3 green resistors on the pcb but im not game enough lol........i found the required file serching 0 min value 100 max and jsut scrolled down till i found it was hard though hope i helped.....plz post if the voltage helps anyone

what i got send from the user that posted the guide NOT ME dont give me credit

basically open afterburner first, (not in background, have the window active)
then open the memory editor. select afterburner in the process dropdown, then type in XX in your +XXmv in afterburner, into both the value start and value end boxes.
value type should be byte.
click find new.
you should get a lot of results. move the slider in afterburner. if you moved it to a lower value than previously, click "decreased" under filter options to the right, then click the filter button. likewise if you moved it to a higher value than previously, click "increased" under filter options, then click the filter button. repeat until you have around 2-4 values.
if youre doing it right, you should see these 2 numbers, at least: 00449000 and 0044F5B0. double click 00449000, and it should appear right there at the bottom. change the value to a number of your choice (say, 150, for +150mv), then click write, then click hold.
go back to afterburner and type any value in the core voltage section, and press apply. the value should reflect whatever you typed in the memory editor, +- abit. for example if you typed 150 itd give you 143, 200 gives you 193, etc.

hope this helps. remember, dont push too much voltage in, make sure your card is cooled properly, and dont run it on high volts too long. good luck!
post #1666 of 7827
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosniac View Post

I'm having a hard time finding anything using the memory editor.
I need someone to guide me step by step. I see nothing in right colums by items, or far left column. Also there is a message on bottom left corner saying "Access Is Denied"

you have your max and min set to something way different than what your slider is set to. your range in the mem editor needs to include the value of your core voltage slider thumb.gif
thats why you dont have any results i would imagine
Extreme OC
(52 photos)
  
Reply
Extreme OC
(52 photos)
  
Reply
post #1667 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post

you have your max and min set to something way different than what your slider is set to. your range in the mem editor needs to include the value of your core voltage slider thumb.gif
thats why you dont have any results i would imagine

For example I put in 81 in my AB mV.

I put 81 in both the "value start" and "value end".
I hit "Find New"

Nothing comes up. Unless I should wait like 10min. or so for results to come up. So far, just a message "5- Access is denied. in bottor left hand column." appears.

Here:
post #1668 of 7827
Should it literally be XX typed into the Value start and Value end boxes? I get the access denied error too frown.gif
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1669 of 7827
i must admit its hard to find.......fluked it 3 or 4 times..... just put in whateva the msi afterburner voltae was etc 93 hit find new......then scrolled down manually till i found it........my chip does 1350mhz with afterburner 1.2.3 but with increased core voltage up to 1.45V hasnt helped me at all......gained maybe 200 points in 3d mark vantage.......thinking its time to get my waterblock out ........nothing seems to push the chip further
post #1670 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam350 View Post

i must admit its hard to find.......fluked it 3 or 4 times..... just put in whateva the msi afterburner voltae was etc 93 hit find new......then scrolled down manually till i found it........my chip does 1350mhz with afterburner 1.2.3 but with increased core voltage up to 1.45V hasnt helped me at all......gained maybe 200 points in 3d mark vantage.......thinking its time to get my waterblock out ........nothing seems to push the chip further

But I'm not getting any results so I can't edit anything. Mine just either says "Access Denied" or freezes and doesn't show any results. Unless it takes forever for results to pop up?
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] MSI GTX 680 Lightning Owners Club