Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] MSI GTX 680 Lightning Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] MSI GTX 680 Lightning Owners Club - Page 213

post #2121 of 7827
Thanks, wil do as soon as I measure everything up.smile.gif

UNGINE: V Core +0mV, PWTGT +133 , clock offset +60 MHz gave me 1302MHz on the chip at 1.154V
and the loop ran for 40 minutes OK - had to put the fan on 60% to keep it cool /52C/ .

I m starting really to like this card !! thumb.gif
Edited by famich - 8/12/12 at 12:34pm
post #2122 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by famich View Post

Thanks, wil do as soon as I measure everything up.smile.gif
UNGINE: V Core +0mV, PWTGT +133 , clock offset +60 MHz gave me 1302MHz on the chip at 1.154V
and the loop ran for 40 minutes OK - had to put the fan on 60% to keep it cool /52C/ .
I m starting really to like this card !! thumb.gif

Try running on the LN2 BIOS with the fan speed at 100%. You will hit a way higher clock, especially if you're maxing out the voltage sliders.

I had the F8 BIOS on my other 2 cards, this one came with the 3A so I kept it for testing. I like it a lot better because I don't have to reset the computer every crash. I found my max clock with the stock voltages, then bumped the core voltage and it gave me a higher overclock everytime, even after getting into edit voltages. So, if you want to cut right to the chase and find your max overclock for benches like Heaven or 3dMark11, I would just switch to the LN2 BIOS and throw the voltage slider all the way up and then slowly increase the clocks till you crash.

Going slow will give you max overclocks for each voltage increment, so you can pick the most efficient overclock depending on how demanding the game is you happen to be playing at that particular time. But yeah as long as you don't live in an oven and can keep temps cool at +93mv, I would just save time when looking for your max overclock by going right for that +93mv voltage and then test clocks.

That's a great clock for such a low voltage. You should be running 1400mhz just fine on the LN2 BIOS. Without the edit I hit 1430mhz/7000mhz-
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2123 of 7827
Is there any reason to get dual 680 Lightnings for 27" monitor gaming? For future proofing in a watercooled system? Or is one plenty? I have one now.
The Avatar State
(22 items)
 
  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD Black 4TB HDD LG 14x Blu-Ray Burner 2 AC Aqualis XT Reservoirs 2 EK D5 Vario Pumps, 2 EK Nickel D5 Covers 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK Supremacy Clean CSQ All Nickel CPU Block Black Ice Nemesis GTX Rads Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit OS Asus ROG Swift PG278Q G-Sync 27" Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Cherry MX Red RGB KB, Harmony Smart KB Corsair AX1500i PSU CaseLabs Mercury S8 PC Case, Assessories Logitech G602 Mouse, T650 Touchpad 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries Diablo III Mouse Pad  Creative Sound Blaster ZxR Sound Card Audio-Techica ATH-ADG1 Headset Corsair SP2500 PC Speakers 
OtherOtherOtherOther
XBOX One Controller GT AP-14 Fans, Screws, Nuts, Washers Lutro0 Teleios Sleeving, Connectors, Pins, Cables Tools, Zip Ties, Acrylic Sheets, LEDs 
OtherOther
GC Extreme TIM, Fujipoly Ultra Thermal Pads ArctiClean, Bestine, X1 Coolant, Silicone Grease 
  hide details  
Reply
The Avatar State
(22 items)
 
  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD Black 4TB HDD LG 14x Blu-Ray Burner 2 AC Aqualis XT Reservoirs 2 EK D5 Vario Pumps, 2 EK Nickel D5 Covers 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK Supremacy Clean CSQ All Nickel CPU Block Black Ice Nemesis GTX Rads Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit OS Asus ROG Swift PG278Q G-Sync 27" Monitor 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Cherry MX Red RGB KB, Harmony Smart KB Corsair AX1500i PSU CaseLabs Mercury S8 PC Case, Assessories Logitech G602 Mouse, T650 Touchpad 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries Diablo III Mouse Pad  Creative Sound Blaster ZxR Sound Card Audio-Techica ATH-ADG1 Headset Corsair SP2500 PC Speakers 
OtherOtherOtherOther
XBOX One Controller GT AP-14 Fans, Screws, Nuts, Washers Lutro0 Teleios Sleeving, Connectors, Pins, Cables Tools, Zip Ties, Acrylic Sheets, LEDs 
OtherOther
GC Extreme TIM, Fujipoly Ultra Thermal Pads ArctiClean, Bestine, X1 Coolant, Silicone Grease 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2124 of 7827
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dph314 View Post

+13k GPU score smile.gif
michael, got another card for you to list for me in the OP...-1455mhz/7300mhz
----

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4099052
This one is a beast. Now if xoleras will trade me one of his awesome ones I'll be all set wink.gif

Im not going to add this one for now becuase it was achieved at higher voltages than allowed by 2.2.3 and i dont have a sheet for that yet.. maybe i should make one?
i added your score below, the one you got without the mod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FtW 420 View Post

Matched my 1455 core & beat me on the memory, very nice!
I have a 1500 or 1550 core validation posted before, but will have to get a screenshot next time, I never did find that one although I did save it somewhere.

did i miss one of yours that should be added?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dph314 View Post

Try running on the LN2 BIOS with the fan speed at 100%. You will hit a way higher clock, especially if you're maxing out the voltage sliders.
I had the F8 BIOS on my other 2 cards, this one came with the 3A so I kept it for testing. I like it a lot better because I don't have to reset the computer every crash. I found my max clock with the stock voltages, then bumped the core voltage and it gave me a higher overclock everytime, even after getting into edit voltages. So, if you want to cut right to the chase and find your max overclock for benches like Heaven or 3dMark11, I would just switch to the LN2 BIOS and throw the voltage slider all the way up and then slowly increase the clocks till you crash.
Going slow will give you max overclocks for each voltage increment, so you can pick the most efficient overclock depending on how demanding the game is you happen to be playing at that particular time. But yeah as long as you don't live in an oven and can keep temps cool at +93mv, I would just save time when looking for your max overclock by going right for that +93mv voltage and then test clocks.
That's a great clock for such a low voltage. You should be running 1400mhz just fine on the LN2 BIOS. Without the edit I hit 1430mhz/7000mhz-

added this one
Extreme OC
(52 photos)
  
Reply
Extreme OC
(52 photos)
  
Reply
post #2125 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post

Im not going to add this one for now becuase it was achieved at higher voltages than allowed by 2.2.3 and i dont have a sheet for that yet.. maybe i should make one?
added this one

I think there should be another sheet, yeah. I mean, it's a Lightning, so handling high voltages is part of the cards appeal. Max clocks, albeit on a separate sheet, should definitely be shown I think.
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2126 of 7827
Thread Starter 
done. made new sheet called "extreme voltage"
Extreme OC
(52 photos)
  
Reply
Extreme OC
(52 photos)
  
Reply
post #2127 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post

done. made new sheet called "extreme voltage"

Awesome. I'm interested in seeing some other people's results, since my first 2 cards hated more than +93mv but the second one didn't artifact at all even at +143mv. So, I expect mixed results. Good luck everyone thumb.gif Be careful. Double-check what you're typing in.
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2128 of 7827
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dph314 View Post

Awesome. I'm interested in seeing some other people's results, since my first 2 cards hated more than +93mv but the second one didn't artifact at all even at +143mv. So, I expect mixed results. Good luck everyone thumb.gif Be careful. Double-check what you're typing in.

thumb.gif
Extreme OC
(52 photos)
  
Reply
Extreme OC
(52 photos)
  
Reply
post #2129 of 7827
Does anyone know where I would put the "-1" in this line to flash the BIOS of the second card? Would it go like this- "nvflash -1 -4 -5 -6 680L_UnlockedBIOS.rom"? Using the line from the OP, but I'm not sure where to put the -1 to specify the lower card.
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2130 of 7827
To specify the card I've always used in index=0 or 1, like nvflash --index=1 -4 -5 -6 680l.rom

My best validation, thought i posted it here somewhere but the thread grows so fast... Haven't found the screenshot http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4039393
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 990x/3930k/3770k/4770k GB x58a-OC/Asus RIVE/x79 gd65/z77 mpower/z77 MV... gtx480s/gtx580s/7970s/680s/Titan Hyper/PSC/BBSE/Hynix/Samsung 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
HDDs/SSDs DVD Air/water/phase/copper pot Windowz 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 2320 Razer Lycosa ax1200 carboard box 
Mouse
Trackball 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 990x/3930k/3770k/4770k GB x58a-OC/Asus RIVE/x79 gd65/z77 mpower/z77 MV... gtx480s/gtx580s/7970s/680s/Titan Hyper/PSC/BBSE/Hynix/Samsung 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
HDDs/SSDs DVD Air/water/phase/copper pot Windowz 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
samsung 2320 Razer Lycosa ax1200 carboard box 
Mouse
Trackball 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] MSI GTX 680 Lightning Owners Club