Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] MSI GTX 680 Lightning Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] MSI GTX 680 Lightning Owners Club - Page 313

post #3121 of 7827
tho could someone answer my question

will waterblocks push my clocks higher?
post #3122 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavbon View Post

tho could someone answer my question
will waterblocks push my clocks higher?
Depending on your whole cooling systems efficiency and ambient temps, the answer is yes. The colder the better. For me before water blocks 1440 was my limit (temps starting to get high) and would crash. With blocks I have passed 1500 with higher voltage and lower temps.
post #3123 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by B rad View Post

Depending on your whole cooling systems efficiency and ambient temps, the answer is yes. The colder the better. For me before water blocks 1440 was my limit (temps starting to get high) and would crash. With blocks I have passed 1500 with higher voltage and lower temps.

nice one

im 1350 stable max in SLI atm

i have a 360mm rad, and a 240mm rad with good fans, my CPU is going under phase, so will only be W/Cing my GPU's

hopefully i should be able to push 1400mhz right?
post #3124 of 7827
Hmm. After reading all your clocks, mine is pretty average at best then..

I'm on the stock air cooler with a bit more aggresive fan profile and running the 3A LN2 BIOS (F8 gave me artifacts??).

Max I can achieve with voltage maxed out (1.287-1.291v under load) is 1340Mhz core and 1825Mhz VRAM.

1340Mhz with that much voltage is pretty sad i assume...

Temps hardly ever exceed 60c tho.
Thundahcat.
(20 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon XP-M Barton @ 2612Mhz ASUS A7N8X-X HIS Radeon X800XL 256MB w/ V-MOD @ 585Mhz GPU 5... 3x512MB Samsung PC-3200 CL3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
Maxtor 80GB IDE Cooler Master alu/copper block with a Slipstrea... Windows 98 SE Windows XP Pro SP3 
PowerCase
Cooler Master Real Power M520W OEM with great airflow and even cable management 
  hide details  
Reply
Thundahcat.
(20 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon XP-M Barton @ 2612Mhz ASUS A7N8X-X HIS Radeon X800XL 256MB w/ V-MOD @ 585Mhz GPU 5... 3x512MB Samsung PC-3200 CL3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
Maxtor 80GB IDE Cooler Master alu/copper block with a Slipstrea... Windows 98 SE Windows XP Pro SP3 
PowerCase
Cooler Master Real Power M520W OEM with great airflow and even cable management 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3125 of 7827
Seems you have the same **** card at overclocking at mine too.
PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® Core™ i7 3770K @4.5Ghz (Multiplier OC) 1... MSI Z77A-GD65 [10.10 BIOS] MSi GTX 980 GAMING + MX4 @1544mhz/1.262v; +450M... Geil Black Dragon 4x4Gb 1866Mhz [XMP] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb [AHCI] Noctua NH-D14 Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 10586.420 (FPP/retail key) BenQ XL2411T [Dual-Link DVI, 144Hz] AUO M24HW01... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 [green switches] Enermax Revolution 87+ 750W and APC Back-UPS 950VA Phanteks Evolv Atx Tempered Glass Black + ATX 2... Razer Mamba 2015 Tournament Edition 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QcK Mini Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® Core™ i7 3770K @4.5Ghz (Multiplier OC) 1... MSI Z77A-GD65 [10.10 BIOS] MSi GTX 980 GAMING + MX4 @1544mhz/1.262v; +450M... Geil Black Dragon 4x4Gb 1866Mhz [XMP] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb [AHCI] Noctua NH-D14 Windows 10 Home 64-Bit 10586.420 (FPP/retail key) BenQ XL2411T [Dual-Link DVI, 144Hz] AUO M24HW01... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014 [green switches] Enermax Revolution 87+ 750W and APC Back-UPS 950VA Phanteks Evolv Atx Tempered Glass Black + ATX 2... Razer Mamba 2015 Tournament Edition 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries QcK Mini Asus Xonar DGX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3126 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imprezzion View Post

Hmm. After reading all your clocks, mine is pretty average at best then..
I'm on the stock air cooler with a bit more aggresive fan profile and running the 3A LN2 BIOS (F8 gave me artifacts??).
Max I can achieve with voltage maxed out (1.287-1.291v under load) is 1340Mhz core and 1825Mhz VRAM.
1340Mhz with that much voltage is pretty sad i assume...
Temps hardly ever exceed 60c tho.

Could be mem speed. Try dropping mem to stock then see how far you can push the core.
post #3127 of 7827
Yes high mem speed can affect GPU OC
Golden Ivy
(14 items)
 
HTPC
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K @ 5 GHz Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H 980 Ti @ 1580/2000 2x 8GB G.Skill @ 2400/CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x 850 Evo 500 GB Custom Water Windows 10 Pro Asus PG258Q 1080p/240Hz TN 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
Dell U2515H 1440p/60Hz AH-IPS Logitech G610 MX-Red + O-Rings EVGA SuperNova G2 850W Logitech G403 
AudioAudio
Asus Xonar Essence STX Philips Fidelio X1 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i3-4150T AsRock Z97E-ITX/ac 2x 4GB @ 1600/CL9 Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 20TB NAS 
Optical DriveCoolingKeyboardPower
None Fanless Logitech K400 Streacom Nano150 Fanless 
Case
Streacom FC8 Evo 
  hide details  
Reply
Golden Ivy
(14 items)
 
HTPC
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K @ 5 GHz Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H 980 Ti @ 1580/2000 2x 8GB G.Skill @ 2400/CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x 850 Evo 500 GB Custom Water Windows 10 Pro Asus PG258Q 1080p/240Hz TN 
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
Dell U2515H 1440p/60Hz AH-IPS Logitech G610 MX-Red + O-Rings EVGA SuperNova G2 850W Logitech G403 
AudioAudio
Asus Xonar Essence STX Philips Fidelio X1 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i3-4150T AsRock Z97E-ITX/ac 2x 4GB @ 1600/CL9 Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 20TB NAS 
Optical DriveCoolingKeyboardPower
None Fanless Logitech K400 Streacom Nano150 Fanless 
Case
Streacom FC8 Evo 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3128 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTOOSHORT View Post

^^^
Yes, anything over 1300MHz at stock voltage for a gtx 680 is awesome.
Congrats on a very good card!thumb.gif
My Asus DCii 680 was stable @1338MHz with no voltage modding. Was a pretty sweet card aswell.

Wow... 1338MHz on stock voltage is awesome and here I am prancing about 1316MHz on stock voltage. I have a feeling that with some adjustment to the core voltage I can reach 1400MHz or possibly higher on the core. My core and memory maximum on stock voltage (1.214 V @ load) appears to be 1316MHz on the core core and 1645MHz (6580MHz effective) on the memory. The best part is; the GPU and VRM temperature does not exceed 53 degrees Celsius drool.gif I have a Gigabyte 7950 that can push 1280MHz / 1800MHz / 1.3 V and at these specs it runs a lot warmer not to mention louder.

Lightning 680 @ 1316MHz / 1645MHz / 1.214 V (Stock load voltage)
P10577
post #3129 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruennis View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTOOSHORT View Post

^^^
Yes, anything over 1300MHz at stock voltage for a gtx 680 is awesome.
Congrats on a very good card!thumb.gif
My Asus DCii 680 was stable @1338MHz with no voltage modding. Was a pretty sweet card aswell.

Wow... 1338MHz on stock voltage is awesome and here I am prancing about 1316MHz on stock voltage. I have a feeling that with some adjustment to the core voltage I can reach 1400MHz or possibly higher on the core. My core and memory maximum on stock voltage (1.214 V @ load) appears to be 1316MHz on the core core and 1645MHz (6580MHz effective) on the memory. The best part is; the GPU and VRM temperature does not exceed 53 degrees Celsius drool.gif I have a Gigabyte 7950 that can push 1280MHz / 1800MHz / 1.3 V and at these specs it runs a lot warmer not to mention louder.

Lightning 680 @ 1316MHz / 1645MHz / 1.214 V (Stock load voltage)
P10577

A "graphics score" in 3dmark11 112xx seems to be very low for a 1316mhz setup. I got 122xx on default voltage with only 2mhz more. Did you allow it to boost over tdp?

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4235203

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
Edited by qwwwizx - 10/6/12 at 5:32pm
Water-Rig
(25 items)
 
Chiller-Rig
(18 items)
 
work
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k MSI Z87 Mpower Max Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC Corsair Dominator GT2133 CL9-10-9-24-2T 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Platinum 2400 CL10-12-12-31-2T  Avexir Core Series 2800 CL12-14-14-35-2T OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOPS  Corsair Force 2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7, x64 Ultimate BenQ 24" XL2410T (120hz) SteelSeries 6GV2 Silverstone Strider Gold 750w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM Stacker 830 SteelSeries Xai Laser RUSE Gaming SteelSeries Logitech G35 
OtherOtherOtherOther
HWlabs Black-Ice SR-1 420 Radiator 3 x Prolimatech 140mm 3 x Silverstone Airpenetrator 141 3x Silverstone 121FM Fans (gfx) 
OtherOtherOtherOther
1x Swifttech MCP35x + MCP35x reservoir  EK Water Blocks Nichel-Acetal Supr. HF CPU EK Water Blocks Copper-Plexi Supr. HF VGA 2m ½" tube 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
P4 641 Asus Maximus Formula x38 Nvidia Geforce 7300LE Samsung PC5300 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate 8x TECs, 50x50x41mm (288 couple) 35v 2x Phobya Temperature displays Neoprene tube 19/13 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
4x Dominator GT waterblocks 1x EK CPU Supreme HF 2x EK DC 4 Pump  2x EK basic 250ml cylinder reservoirs 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
1x HWlabs GTX360 Scythe 3000 rpm 120x38mm 3x Enermax 120mm fans  Windows XP 
PowerCase
Enermax MaxRevo 1500W Fujitsu Siemens 
  hide details  
Reply
Water-Rig
(25 items)
 
Chiller-Rig
(18 items)
 
work
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k MSI Z87 Mpower Max Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC Corsair Dominator GT2133 CL9-10-9-24-2T 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Platinum 2400 CL10-12-12-31-2T  Avexir Core Series 2800 CL12-14-14-35-2T OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOPS  Corsair Force 2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7, x64 Ultimate BenQ 24" XL2410T (120hz) SteelSeries 6GV2 Silverstone Strider Gold 750w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM Stacker 830 SteelSeries Xai Laser RUSE Gaming SteelSeries Logitech G35 
OtherOtherOtherOther
HWlabs Black-Ice SR-1 420 Radiator 3 x Prolimatech 140mm 3 x Silverstone Airpenetrator 141 3x Silverstone 121FM Fans (gfx) 
OtherOtherOtherOther
1x Swifttech MCP35x + MCP35x reservoir  EK Water Blocks Nichel-Acetal Supr. HF CPU EK Water Blocks Copper-Plexi Supr. HF VGA 2m ½" tube 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
P4 641 Asus Maximus Formula x38 Nvidia Geforce 7300LE Samsung PC5300 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate 8x TECs, 50x50x41mm (288 couple) 35v 2x Phobya Temperature displays Neoprene tube 19/13 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
4x Dominator GT waterblocks 1x EK CPU Supreme HF 2x EK DC 4 Pump  2x EK basic 250ml cylinder reservoirs 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
1x HWlabs GTX360 Scythe 3000 rpm 120x38mm 3x Enermax 120mm fans  Windows XP 
PowerCase
Enermax MaxRevo 1500W Fujitsu Siemens 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3130 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwwwizx View Post

A "graphics score" in 3dmark11 112xx seems to be very low for a 1316mhz setup. I got 122xx on default voltage with only 2mhz more. Did you allow it to boost over tdp?
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4235203
Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Hmmm... maybe other 680 users with similar specifications can shed some light on this. You're running a 2600K @ ~5.4GHz with 4 extra threads and your 680 memory is also clocked 150MHz faster. Maybe all that is why? Bench was done using driver 306.23. Which driver did you use? Definitely interesting thinking.gif

This is what it scores at bone stock (1202MHz / 1502MHz / 306.23)
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4584504

Score is very similar to the Gigabyte 680 Super Overclock (1215MHz / 1502MHz / 306.23) I just finished refunding. I'm thinking it's perfectly normal questionmark.gif
Edited by Bruennis - 10/6/12 at 5:58pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] MSI GTX 680 Lightning Owners Club