Well yeah, me too. Maybe an impulsive statement, sure
. I should have never assumed he didn't know about something I've never seen him comment on, but who gets that mad over an innocent sentence just made for conversation? And so there's not a higher idle voltage in 2.3.0 like DJ accidentally thought
there is, so he gets pissed because he said he's got a problem? He could have stated it better, sure. But still. And I make an assumption
on the 700-series, which everyone on here does in multiple threads, and there's a problem with it? Speculating. Jeez. God forbid I make an innocent assumption (which it was clearly, and in no way a declarative statement posing as a fact). So sorry it caused his blood pressure to rise. I am sorry, seriously
. But I had no idea his definition of "rumors" was posting a problem so that others could investigate and help (albeit in a rather blunt manner, telling people not to install it was harsh, but his words aren't the Holy Gospel everyone's going to follow). And I had no idea he couldn't just say "but I do know about ArtMoney" instead of going into a fit about it.
I wonder who started all the rumors he's talking about? I hope it wasn't directed at me. I'll explain myself just in case it was though.- 'No, there is no additional pressure from NVIDIA side'
- I never said there was any pressure of any kind, I've known for quite some time the partners can do whatever they want as long as they cover RMAs, No, there are no additional Kepler related voltage control locks in new version
- who said there would be additional ones? Someone had a problem, and they figured it out with some help. And I speculated about the 700-series having additional ones, but that had nothing to do with the already-in-place measures there since 2.2.4, No, there are no changes in idle voltage for this cards
- DJ states he has a higher idle voltage after updating Afterburner, and that's spreading a rumor? That's not posting about problems so people can help, like all
of us do?, no, I didn't became wise to what some users were doing with memory hacking tools like ArtMoney on 680 Lightning series cards
- So I finally read a comment about ArtMoney from him. Great, now I know he knows about it. A wild assumption I made, I know. I already apologized for it. editing application memory by someone's else insturctions and expected fixed offsets to work always should learn some basics instead of spreading the rumors
- Everyone in here except for shamefulanomoly is using someone else's directions on how to do it. Not sure if he expects everyone to develop their own method?
I wonder who was spreading rumors by stating their opinions as fact and claiming a reliable source? Because like tons of others have done at one point or another, I was speculating
, and not even on the 600-series at that. 'Additional methods' on the as-of-yet imaginary 780 Lightning. So, not sure what he's so pissed about. Sorry again though. Not sure how many times to apologize.Edited by dph314 - 11/19/12 at 2:42pm