Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] MSI GTX 680 Lightning Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] MSI GTX 680 Lightning Owners Club - Page 672

post #6711 of 7827
Hey guys, got a quick question. Overclocking my gtx 680 lightnings in sli and I can't get past +65 on on the gpu clock with +50 voltage. Is this normal for sli? I have a feeling my second card is just not that great of an overclocker (It's a power edition I flashed to LN2 bios), my first one can go up to 1350 stable for gaming. For heat issues I don't put the voltaGE ALL the way up in sli. Another thing that strikes me is that even though I put +65 on the gpu it only boosts to 1254 on the clock instead of 1267 like it should, It's always been like that for me but is that normal?

Plus in GPU-Z it saids my boost is like 1059 and it doesn't correctly read any of my clocks, another issue I have shrugged off in the past but now I'm worrying about it.
post #6712 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by doulos1382 View Post

Alright I tried using the AB 2.2.3 and I reached a 1306 Core Clock at 1.285 volts on air.

Is it that good?

Its better than one of mine.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H MSI TF3 7950 Tri-fire Samsung 30nm 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 320 160GB and a few samsung platters Windows7 x64 Catleap Q270 Rosewill mechanical 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 Xigmatek Elysium Razer Deathadder Puretrak talent 
Audio
Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H MSI TF3 7950 Tri-fire Samsung 30nm 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel 320 160GB and a few samsung platters Windows7 x64 Catleap Q270 Rosewill mechanical 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX850 Xigmatek Elysium Razer Deathadder Puretrak talent 
Audio
Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6713 of 7827
I have a question about the Power % in AB. I have it set to 300% but it never seems to get anywhere near that high. With what I'm able to set as my maximum OC it only goes to around 90%. Is it actually meant to go any higher or will it always display < 100%. Here is a screenshot to show an example.




Is this normal. I have modded AB for my Lightnings and overclocking is fine but I'm wondering if this is stopping me getting higher clock. The screenshot is after 30 mins of Metro and both cards were at 90-99% load all the time.
post #6714 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorPablo View Post

Hey guys, got a quick question. Overclocking my gtx 680 lightnings in sli and I can't get past +65 on on the gpu clock with +50 voltage. Is this normal for sli? I have a feeling my second card is just not that great of an overclocker (It's a power edition I flashed to LN2 bios), my first one can go up to 1350 stable for gaming. For heat issues I don't put the voltaGE ALL the way up in sli. Another thing that strikes me is that even though I put +65 on the gpu it only boosts to 1254 on the clock instead of 1267 like it should, It's always been like that for me but is that normal?

Plus in GPU-Z it saids my boost is like 1059 and it doesn't correctly read any of my clocks, another issue I have shrugged off in the past but now I'm worrying about it.


Hi Pablo! How did you do to get 1350 stable? Was it on air? And it was on LN2 right? Did you put all the voltage Up in the slider? And one last question... How are your temps?

I can get mine on 1306 but it goes up to 70C of temp and afaik that is too hot.


and about GPU-Z i get the same readings... i guess that is some error of the software.



Thanks!
Edited by doulos1382 - 4/28/13 at 6:47am
post #6715 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by rankftw View Post

I have a question about the Power % in AB. I have it set to 300% but it never seems to get anywhere near that high. With what I'm able to set as my maximum OC it only goes to around 90%. Is it actually meant to go any higher or will it always display < 100%.

That setting doesn't determine current draw; it only lets you establish an upper limit (as a percentage of TDP). Setting it to 1% more than the card will ever want to draw (in your case, let's call it 95%), or setting it to infinity, are the same. 150% has always been more than enough for me.
post #6716 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by doulos1382 View Post

Hi Pablo! How did you do to get 1350 stable? Was it on air? And it was on LN2 right? Did you put all the voltage Up in the slider? And one last question... How are your temps?

I can get mine on 1306 but it goes up to 70C of temp and afaik that is too hot.


and about GPU-Z i get the same readings... i guess that is some error of the software.



Thanks!

It was on air, flashed LN2 bios, voltage on the core and aux was set up all the way, I think I had the memory at +450? Back when I had the single card the temps would always get above 70 in the games I played, highest I saw it go was 78 I think. Never went into the 80's though. I had an aggressive fan curve set in afterburner. Do you have a lightning or did you flash the power edition card?
post #6717 of 7827
Thought my Lightning were dying, turns out it the PSU thats dead wheee.gif
Main Rig
(15 items)
 
Work Rig
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k Asus X99 Deluxe MSI GTX980 Ti Gaming/EK GPU Block Corsair 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
M4 128GB,C300 128GB, F3 1TB  480mm RAD, 655/top, 250mm RES, EK LX CPU Block windows 7 PRO 64bit Asus PB278Q 
PowerCase
Enermax Platimax 1500W Cosmos S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k ASUS P8Z77-V MSI GT 610 1GB Corsair 1333mhz 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Intel 330 60GB Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO W7 Corsair CX500M 
Case
Cooler Master Elite 334U 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(15 items)
 
Work Rig
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k Asus X99 Deluxe MSI GTX980 Ti Gaming/EK GPU Block Corsair 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
M4 128GB,C300 128GB, F3 1TB  480mm RAD, 655/top, 250mm RES, EK LX CPU Block windows 7 PRO 64bit Asus PB278Q 
PowerCase
Enermax Platimax 1500W Cosmos S 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k ASUS P8Z77-V MSI GT 610 1GB Corsair 1333mhz 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Intel 330 60GB Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO W7 Corsair CX500M 
Case
Cooler Master Elite 334U 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6718 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorPablo View Post

It was on air, flashed LN2 bios, voltage on the core and aux was set up all the way, I think I had the memory at +450? Back when I had the single card the temps would always get above 70 in the games I played, highest I saw it go was 78 I think. Never went into the 80's though. I had an aggressive fan curve set in afterburner. Do you have a lightning or did you flash the power edition card?

i think that people need better case cooling because i have my lightning way more OC then that on stock air and with Furmark it will NEVER go above 72. And that **** is meant to melt cards

It really seems like at least half the people here aren't actually increasing their volatage with AB because they are using something other then 2.2.3 and not doing the memory hack

i feel like 1375+ core and +600 mem should be a minimum people can reach with +93mv
i'm at 1405 and +900 mem and i'm sure its taped out but people just seem so far off that they need to be doing something wrong
Edited by Shperax - 4/29/13 at 9:30pm
post #6719 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorPablo View Post

It was on air, flashed LN2 bios, voltage on the core and aux was set up all the way, I think I had the memory at +450? Back when I had the single card the temps would always get above 70 in the games I played, highest I saw it go was 78 I think. Never went into the 80's though. I had an aggressive fan curve set in afterburner. Do you have a lightning or did you flash the power edition card?

Hi Pablo!

I got temps above 70 on crysis 3 also. I was lucky enough to grab one of the last Lightning from amazon at 499.

Wow i cant get to OC gpu clock of 1350 stable, despite the voltage core and aux set up all the way... I guess this is normal right?

I dont like to set the fans to fast because they get notoriously loud.

This is a geat card though..
post #6720 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shperax View Post

i think that people need better case cooling because i have my lightning way more OC then that on stock air and with Furmark it will NEVER go above 72. And that **** is meant to melt cards

It really seems like at least half the people here aren't actually increasing their volatage with AB because they are using something other then 2.2.3 and not doing the memory hack

i feel like 1375+ core and +600 mem should be a minimum people can reach with +93mv
i'm at 1405 and +900 mem and i'm sure its taped out but people just seem so far off that they need to be doing something wrong

Wow thats a great OC... Yes im trying... to get to that speed.

I am using AB 2.2.3 and yet at 1367 with a voltage of +93... my Heaven benchmark freezes... What does that mean? My lightning is a bad chip? My ambient temps are kind of hot though


what do you recomend Shperax. I want to play Crysis 3 at that speed frown.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] MSI GTX 680 Lightning Owners Club