Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] MSI GTX 680 Lightning Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] MSI GTX 680 Lightning Owners Club - Page 75

post #741 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelrw View Post

i was the first one to get a partial refund, but i only got $25. this was about 10 days ago...

How did you angle it? How did you approach the call when you spoke to customer service about the situation?
post #742 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleras View Post

Yeah you should do that to end your misery. Please RMA your card.. gl

Lul smile.gif. I watched a review of a stock 680 which reached 1218 in boost clock, makes me feel special when I reach 1252 with a card thats supposedly designed for "extreme overclocking" ;].
post #743 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolfenstein View Post

Lul smile.gif. I watched a review of a stock 680 which reached 1218 in boost clock, makes me feel special when I reach 1252 with a card thats supposedly designed for "extreme overclocking" ;].

Seriously , end your suffering, Get a 7970 lightning, its actually not a bad card. Nvidia are jerks about voltage control, AMD isn't. Really good card actually. You could also get a classified which per user posts is averaging 1275 overclocks, but you can serve as a guinea pig for EV bot. 769$ is a bit beyond my comfort zone, so I give you this task.

I'm not being sarcastic btw, the 7970 lightning is a great card. When I was using 7970s overclocking was easy peasy because every 7970 lets you adjust voltage to your hearts desire......Heck I was able to get 1200 out of reference cards. I don't know why nvidia forces us through a ton of bullcrap for extreme overclocking, it wasn't like this during the GTX 580 days.
Edited by xoleras - 7/19/12 at 2:40pm
post #744 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleras View Post

Seriously , end your suffering, Get a 7970 lightning, its actually not a bad card. Nvidia are jerks about voltage control, AMD isn't. Really good card actually. You could also get a classified which per user posts is averaging 1275 overclocks, but you can serve as a guinea pig for EV bot. 769$ is a bit beyond my comfort zone, so I give you this task.

This task that you have given me.. Shall not be acquired. I'm never spending 769$ on 1 single card, I'm not freaky enough. If anything, I'd just buy myself a GTX 690 and get 2 GPUs at almost the same price point.

Thing is, if I "downgrade" to 7970 I'll reach even smaller clocks but save a crapload of money and I mean, this 680 Lightning sucks balls either way :|. People keep reporting bad AMD drivers though but I dunno. The MS problem AMD has is discouraging aswell, going CF will kind of give me a headache it seems xd.
post #745 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleras View Post

How did you angle it? How did you approach the call when you spoke to customer service about the situation?

I'd like to know too... I DID bought from msi because it was advertized that I could do overvoltage
My rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k 4.7GHz Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 MSI GTX 670 PE OC 1365MHz core Kingston 1600MHz 8G (2x4) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black 2T WD Caviar Green 1T DVD drive sata cooler master hyper 212 plus 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Enterprise Asus VH236H 23" Logitech G15 v1 Seasonic 860w Platinum 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec Eleven Hundred Logitech G500 Integrated (realtek) 
  hide details  
Reply
My rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k 4.7GHz Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 MSI GTX 670 PE OC 1365MHz core Kingston 1600MHz 8G (2x4) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black 2T WD Caviar Green 1T DVD drive sata cooler master hyper 212 plus 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Enterprise Asus VH236H 23" Logitech G15 v1 Seasonic 860w Platinum 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec Eleven Hundred Logitech G500 Integrated (realtek) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #746 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolfenstein View Post

This task that you have given me.. Shall not be acquired..

The 7970 isn't a downgrade unless you run it at stock and nobody does that. I went from 7970s to 680s from peer pressure and gaming performance isnt really different at all - the 7970s are actually faster in some games once they're overclocked. I didn't have issues with drivers either.

The 7970s are far, far, far, far far easier to overclock than the 680. You'll still need manual fan and voltage adjustment (which most 680s don't have) but its a great card really. And it will end your pain, suffering and agony that you're going through.
post #747 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnerdz View Post

I'd like to know too... I DID bought from msi because it was advertized that I could do overvoltage

Just tell them the truth. Be honest and disappointed, but not too harsh/rude. Tell them you're, dare I say offended?, that the card doesn't have software support for the features that are heavily advertised. Make it seem like you're very upset, but more-so with MSI, but also Newegg for selling you the product. You should get something that way. Just don't mention anything about someone else getting something, or someone else suggesting you should do this. That would just sound bad and probably turn off whoever is making the decision.
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #748 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by dph314 View Post

Just tell them the truth. Be honest and disappointed, but not too harsh/rude. Tell them you're, dare I say offended?, that the card doesn't have software support for the features that are heavily advertised. Make it seem like you're very upset, but more-so with MSI, but also Newegg for selling you the product. You should get something that way. Just don't mention anything about someone else getting something, or someone else suggesting you should do this. That would just sound bad and probably turn off whoever is making the decision.

Ok... Can I say that I'd like a compensation for what I've not received? or is it too obvious...
Also, I'm just not a mean person. I'm not used to be rude or angry at things... but it would be really nice if this feature could come out tiredsmiley.gif
My rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k 4.7GHz Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 MSI GTX 670 PE OC 1365MHz core Kingston 1600MHz 8G (2x4) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black 2T WD Caviar Green 1T DVD drive sata cooler master hyper 212 plus 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Enterprise Asus VH236H 23" Logitech G15 v1 Seasonic 860w Platinum 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec Eleven Hundred Logitech G500 Integrated (realtek) 
  hide details  
Reply
My rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k 4.7GHz Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 MSI GTX 670 PE OC 1365MHz core Kingston 1600MHz 8G (2x4) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Black 2T WD Caviar Green 1T DVD drive sata cooler master hyper 212 plus 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Enterprise Asus VH236H 23" Logitech G15 v1 Seasonic 860w Platinum 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec Eleven Hundred Logitech G500 Integrated (realtek) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #749 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleras View Post

The 7970 isn't a downgrade unless you run it at stock and nobody does that. I went from 7970s to 680s from peer pressure and gaming performance isnt really different at all - the 7970s are actually faster in some games once they're overclocked. I didn't have issues with drivers either.
The 7970s are far, far, far, far far easier to overclock than the 680. You'll still need manual fan and voltage adjustment (which most 680s don't have) but its a great card really. And it will end your pain, suffering and agony that you're going through.

Haha, peer pressure? Who pressured you into nVidia ;P? I'm a green teamer overall but this Lightning just brought me so much pain, agony and suffering frown.gif.
post #750 of 7827
another idiot response by MSI on facebook ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ale (me) 
where is afterburner 2.2.3?!? people are tired of waiting... has already elapsed a month!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSI Europe 
Hi Ale,

We're working very hard on this, but your favorite graphics card vendor is less than pleased with the extensive OC options of the GTX 680 Lightning.

They are working hard but the developer is at beach drinking cocktails rolleyes.gif
My System
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] MSI GTX 680 Lightning Owners Club