Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] MSI GTX 680 Lightning Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] MSI GTX 680 Lightning Owners Club - Page 9

post #81 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarlyCharlie View Post

They are removable, but they cover a little PCB that is also removable. My MB allows 2-way SLI with the covers on, as the first two PCI-E slots are double spaced, but I don't see how I'd ever get any other PCI/PCI-E cards in there. MSI Z77A-GD65 mobo, FWIW.

Thansk for the feedback bro ................... thumb.gif

what is the little pcb for and if removed what do you lose or gain other than space.

I ask because if I bench these cards sub ambient I would like them to fit in my grinder when i am done is all
Leviathan
(27 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3930k MSI X79A-GD65 (8D) eVGA (SC) GTX Titan  eVGA (SC) GTX Titan  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Team Group 16GB Team Extreme 2400MHz 9-11-11-28 1T Samsung 128GB 830 Samsung 128GB 830 OCZ 120GB Solid 3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ 120GB Solid 3 Western Digital 640GB Black  4x Coolgate Quad 120mm Ultimate Heat Exchanger ... EK Supremacy Universal CPU Liquid Cooling Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
2x EK Geforce GTX Titan VGA Liquid Cooling Bloc... EK DDC X-RES Top 140 - Acetal w/250mm tube exte... EK DDC X-RES Top 140 - Acetal  8x Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition CO-90... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
7x Xigmatek AOS (Aeronautical Oil System Bearin... 8x Yate Loon 120 x 38mm Low Speed Silent Case F... 7 64 bit Crossover 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razor Black Widow Ultimant 2013 Corsair AX1200 CaseLabs TH10 Black TT Level 10M  
Mouse PadAudio
TT Landon  Creative 3D Recon 
  hide details  
Reply
Leviathan
(27 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3930k MSI X79A-GD65 (8D) eVGA (SC) GTX Titan  eVGA (SC) GTX Titan  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Team Group 16GB Team Extreme 2400MHz 9-11-11-28 1T Samsung 128GB 830 Samsung 128GB 830 OCZ 120GB Solid 3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
OCZ 120GB Solid 3 Western Digital 640GB Black  4x Coolgate Quad 120mm Ultimate Heat Exchanger ... EK Supremacy Universal CPU Liquid Cooling Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
2x EK Geforce GTX Titan VGA Liquid Cooling Bloc... EK DDC X-RES Top 140 - Acetal w/250mm tube exte... EK DDC X-RES Top 140 - Acetal  8x Corsair Air Series SP120 Quiet Edition CO-90... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
7x Xigmatek AOS (Aeronautical Oil System Bearin... 8x Yate Loon 120 x 38mm Low Speed Silent Case F... 7 64 bit Crossover 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razor Black Widow Ultimant 2013 Corsair AX1200 CaseLabs TH10 Black TT Level 10M  
Mouse PadAudio
TT Landon  Creative 3D Recon 
  hide details  
Reply
post #82 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleras View Post

Do you actually play games or what do you do on your PC? You're gonna sit here and complain about no voltage control when you hit nearly 1400? Do you even game or do you do 300 3dmark11 runs a day for bragging rights? Who cares? Its coming, maybe not today but it will. Unwinder confirmed its on the way but he's waiting on cards for his development PC (he already got one but it was an ES sample).
In the meantime, yeah you should return your card. Or if it does hit those clocks i'll take it minus whatever restock fee newegg would charge you, i'll give you 500$.

What exactly is your problem? I bought the card on false premise, and I should be happy about that? Why does there need to be a profit involved for me to have a valid issue with what MSi did here. You need to get a grip. Just because I am not living off "3DMark11" does not make this issue irrelevant or less valid. Sorry it bothers you that I have a higher standard of products and services.
post #83 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleras View Post

Do you actually play games or what do you do on your PC? Do you do 3dmark11 runs all day because thats about the limit of the usefulness of voltage. You don't need voltage to game. Do you make a living from HWBot sponsors? Anyway, its coming, maybe not today but it will. Unwinder confirmed its on the way but he's waiting on cards for his development PC (he already got one but it was an ES sample).
If it does hit those clocks i'll take it minus whatever restock fee newegg would charge you, i'll give you 525$. I'll be happy to have your problem of hitting nearly 1400 with no voltage control, 1st world problems right here, i'll be happy to take it from you. wink.gif

Totally agree with you. But I'm basing my arguments on principle. No one enjoys being deceived or getting lied to. Regardless of the greatness of this card, deception is deception if it doesn't work as advertised.

Again I completely agree with you and am very happy with them. I don't enjoy posting about '1st World problems' when there are so many other people out there very much less fortunate than I am in this world. But again, it's the principle of it and the seemingly lack of effort by a company whose products I pay good money for because of the HUGE picture on the front of the box claiming 'Digitally Unlocked Power'.
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #84 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoleras View Post

Do you do 3dmark11 runs all day because thats about the limit of the usefulness of voltage. You don't need voltage to game. Do you make a living from HWBot sponsors? Anyway, its coming, maybe not today but it will. Unwinder confirmed its on the way but he's waiting on cards for his development PC (he already got one but it was an ES sample).
If it does hit those clocks i'll take it minus whatever restock fee newegg would charge you, i'll give you 525$. I'll be happy to have your problem of hitting nearly 1400 with no voltage control, i'll be happy to take it from you. wink.gif

Xoleras, aren't you tired of shoving your "just deal with it" opinion down everybody's throat? People bought this card to have voltage control WHEN THEY BOUGHT IT. If MSI couldn't provide that, they shouldn't have advertised it as having triple unlocked voltage. You want to be blind to it, wonderful, but I think everyone else who wanted their card to work as advertised could care less.

This is not about breaking records or benching all day, I don't think I've seen anyone but you say that. This really just boils down to false advertising, both for this card and for the PE 670. I bought my DC II specifically because I could control voltage, or else I would've just stuck with my Gigabyte reference or Windforce. People should be able to return their Lightning if they want to, with no fees incurred. Glad I just stuck with my card and took it off Ebay.
Le Tigre
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-3770k MSI Z77 MPower Gigabyte R9-290 Gigabyte R9-290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung DDR3 2133 9-10-10-26-1T Samsung 830 OCZ Agility 4 Western Digital Caviar Black 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Auria EQ276W 27" IPS Logitech G710+ XFX Pro 1050W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Switch 810 Razer 3.5G Steelseries 9HD Soundblaster Tactic3D Wrath 
  hide details  
Reply
Le Tigre
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-3770k MSI Z77 MPower Gigabyte R9-290 Gigabyte R9-290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung DDR3 2133 9-10-10-26-1T Samsung 830 OCZ Agility 4 Western Digital Caviar Black 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Auria EQ276W 27" IPS Logitech G710+ XFX Pro 1050W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Switch 810 Razer 3.5G Steelseries 9HD Soundblaster Tactic3D Wrath 
  hide details  
Reply
post #85 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxmastermindxx View Post

Xoleras, aren't you tired of shoving your "just deal with it" opinion down everybody's throat? People bought this card to have voltage control WHEN THEY BOUGHT IT. If MSI couldn't provide that, they shouldn't have advertised it as having triple unlocked voltage. You want to be blind to it, wonderful, but I think everyone else who wanted their card to work as advertised could care less.
This is not about breaking records or benching all day, I don't think I've seen anyone but you say that. This really just boils down to false advertising, both for this card and for the PE 670. I bought my DC II specifically because I could control voltage, or else I would've just stuck with my Gigabyte reference or Windforce. People should be able to return their Lightning if they want to, with no fees incurred. Glad I just stuck with my card and took it off Ebay.

He's just trying to make people realize that they should have enough performance to keep themselves satisfied while they wait. Which is true, so, don't be too hard on him redface.gif

I'm not happy either. I would expect this from some low-end cheap brand, not MSI. It sucks though, I know.

So has anyone heard anything about MSI and certified vendors offering any type of special return policy on these due to the false advertising? Or is MSI getting by on the fact that they technically didn't lie since voltage control is eventually coming? Just curious.
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #86 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by dph314 View Post

He's just trying to make people realize that they should have enough performance to keep themselves satisfied while they wait. Which is true, so, don't be too hard on him redface.gif
I'm not happy either. I would expect this from some low-end cheap brand, not MSI. It sucks though, I know.
So has anyone heard anything about MSI and certified vendors offering any type of special return policy on these due to the false advertising? Or is MSI getting by on the fact that they technically didn't lie since voltage control is eventually coming? Just curious.

He's just kicking people when they are down, tbh. This isn't the first time he went into rage because he has a better idea of how people should react or spend their money. Nobody said "1300MHz is not enough". I never even mentioned core clocks. It's a matter of integrity and principle.
post #87 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchdoctor View Post

Thansk for the feedback bro ................... thumb.gif
what is the little pcb for and if removed what do you lose or gain other than space.
I ask because if I bench these cards sub ambient I would like them to fit in my grinder when i am done is all

They call the little module board "Reactor". It has some extra capacitors and some LEDs on it. MSI Alex has said you can run the card fine without the board or the cover, it's just power supply ripple smoothing I think is what MSI said. But I think he also said the only real benefit was to sub temp overclockers. With the cover removed, the actual board itself only sticks up a couple mm past the back plate, so you might be able to leave it in there and still clear for SLI.
X-Rig
(14 items)
 
Death Bomb
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7-5960X Asus Rampage V Extreme 1502 EVGA Titan X EVGA Titan X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill F4-3000C15Q-32GRK Samsung SM951 M.2 Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Pioneer BDR-2209 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EKWB Blocks, Fans, and Pumps, HW Labs Black Ice... Windows 10 Pro Retail BenQ BL3201PH Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 
PowerMouse
EVGA 220-P2-1200-X1 Roccat Kone Pure Optical 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-7700K De-lidded @ 5GHz Asus Strix Z270i Nvidia Titan Xp G. Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
2X Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 EK Supremacy EVO CPU. Titan Xp Full Cover w/Ba... Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit SeaSonic X750 
Case
Fractal Nano S 
  hide details  
Reply
X-Rig
(14 items)
 
Death Bomb
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7-5960X Asus Rampage V Extreme 1502 EVGA Titan X EVGA Titan X 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill F4-3000C15Q-32GRK Samsung SM951 M.2 Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Pioneer BDR-2209 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
EKWB Blocks, Fans, and Pumps, HW Labs Black Ice... Windows 10 Pro Retail BenQ BL3201PH Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 
PowerMouse
EVGA 220-P2-1200-X1 Roccat Kone Pure Optical 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7-7700K De-lidded @ 5GHz Asus Strix Z270i Nvidia Titan Xp G. Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
2X Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 EK Supremacy EVO CPU. Titan Xp Full Cover w/Ba... Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit SeaSonic X750 
Case
Fractal Nano S 
  hide details  
Reply
post #88 of 7827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosniac View Post

He's just kicking people when they are down, tbh. This isn't the first time he went into rage because he has a better idea of how people should react or spend their money. Nobody said "1300MHz is not enough". I never even mentioned core clocks. It's a matter of integrity and principle.

Couldn't agree more. That's why I'm so pissed actually. But I don't know what to do. We gottta wait. This is certainly the last time I ever trust MSI though. Whatever they say or do, I'm waiting for reviews/validations from OCN before I go ahead with anything from them. +5-day shipping when sending a card to Unwinder???? It's quite pathetic indeed. How many millions they make last year? And their reputation isn't worth overnight-shipping rolleyes.gif
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #89 of 7827
From Unwinder:
Quote:
So it may take longer, I'm still not sure myself if it will be possible without problems. That's why I absolutely hate marketing games and attemts to sell something that is not ready yet.

Everyone above has absolutely valid points. I love this card the way it is just fine and will continue to rape games with it. Its still the best card I've owned. However that doesnt over rule the fact that this card may never have voltage control which we were promised and very highly advertised. I'm getting frustrated at this point. I wont get too upset till it doesnt happen because its all speculation at this point but if for some reason it doesnt happen Msi needs to find a way to make it right.

Kind of odd that Alex hasnt had something to say in a while....

Ugh I'm just frustrated
Edited by hammerforged - 7/10/12 at 1:43pm
Project HardLine
(17 items)
 
TJ07
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3770K Asus Maximus V Formula Evga GTX 680 4GB Evga GTX 680 4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1 Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 2 Black Ice GTX 480's 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
2 Aquacomputer GTX 680 Nickel Blocks Koolance CPU-370 2 Koolance D5 Pump Res Combo COPPER PIPES 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG278HE Logitech G710+ Seasonic 1K Platinum Case Labs ST10 
Mouse
G400s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3930K C2 4.6Ghz Rampage IV Extreme EVGA GTX 680 4GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB Koolance CPU-370 Aquacomputer AquagraFX 680 GTX XSPC RX480 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Alphacool UT30 240MM Swiftech MCP655-B XSPC Acrylic D5 Tank Reservoir Win 64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG278HE 144hz  Logitech G710+ Sleeved Seasonic 1K Platinum TJ07 
Mouse
Zowie EC-1 Evo 
  hide details  
Reply
Project HardLine
(17 items)
 
TJ07
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3770K Asus Maximus V Formula Evga GTX 680 4GB Evga GTX 680 4GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Dominator Platinum 1 Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Samsung 840 Pro 256GB 2 Black Ice GTX 480's 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
2 Aquacomputer GTX 680 Nickel Blocks Koolance CPU-370 2 Koolance D5 Pump Res Combo COPPER PIPES 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG278HE Logitech G710+ Seasonic 1K Platinum Case Labs ST10 
Mouse
G400s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3930K C2 4.6Ghz Rampage IV Extreme EVGA GTX 680 4GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB Koolance CPU-370 Aquacomputer AquagraFX 680 GTX XSPC RX480 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Alphacool UT30 240MM Swiftech MCP655-B XSPC Acrylic D5 Tank Reservoir Win 64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG278HE 144hz  Logitech G710+ Sleeved Seasonic 1K Platinum TJ07 
Mouse
Zowie EC-1 Evo 
  hide details  
Reply
post #90 of 7827
Guess we all just have to make due with our baller GPU’s running games at maxed out turbo ultra extreme apocalypse thermo-nuclear-armageddon settings for the next month…. I am bummed/slightly angered by the Afterburner delay, but seriously… whatever. Thruth is, I’m going to waste way to much playing video games with the GPU “as is” without the voltage control.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] MSI GTX 680 Lightning Owners Club