Originally Posted by reubdy
Hey all, you may have seen my recent post looking for tablet info.
I'm kind of settled on the Nexus 7, but have seen varying info of flash support. I'm not new to rooting of phones, but have never had a tablet, so it will be a first time (I'm sure it's not any different).
So for my questions...
- First off, may be a dumb question but oh well, can a rooted N7 run flash player and eventually flash games?
- How well does it run said games? I am mainly getting this for a game named Wartune, which can be fairly demanding at times.
- If I do end up getting a N7, are there different versions (not including different memory size) I should be aware of?
Thanks so much everyone!
1) - you don't need to root to install flash, however flash for android is discontinued and no longer available from the play store, but it is still available from the adobe website if you want to install it.
2) You will struggle to find a tablet that can run games as well as the 2nd Gen Nexus 7.. this thing is just awesome for everything I've thrown at it so far.
3) there are two generations of Nexus 7, (2012 and the newer 2013) the main differences are the CPU used and the available ram, in both cases the + is on the 2nd gen model, the only other thing to consider is if you want to splash out the extra $ on an LTE model or pocket the cash and get a wifi model and tether it to a mobile hotspot when out and about.