Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Need Help With Custom Setup - 2x 480 Radiators.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need Help With Custom Setup - 2x 480 Radiators. - Page 3

post #21 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noll8a View Post

PCCstudent,
As for the fan choice I have been thinking about Corsair's new fan series quite a lot, link below:
http://www.corsair.com/en/cpu-cooling-kits/air-series-fans/air-series-sp120-quiet-edition-high-static-pressure-120mm-fan.html
Picture:

I am looking at the SP120's with altered speeds through Asus excellent motherboard software.
I will solder 4 fans together and connect them four by four to the motherboard ports.
These puppies will soak an "immense" [12 * 0,08] = 0,96W each at full speed where the power draw is 0,08A, leaving me with a good margin of the port capacity.
This makes it possible to save in on a lot of cables and unnecessary fan controllers.
As for the rated sound level, it's listed as 23dB but the reality will show otherwise as adding one fan will probably add 1-2 dB to the total sound level.
However, when altering the speed of the fans this value will be lowered, so the total value will not be something outrageous.
/Noll8a
Don't solder, get splitters http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12590/cab-425/Phobya_Y_Cable_Splitter_-_3-Pin_to_4x_3-Pin.html?tl=g47c251s635 or better yet, sleeved splitters http://www.frozencpu.com/products/12591/cab-426/Phobya_Y_Cable_Splitter_-_3-Pin_to_4x_3-Pin_-_Black.html?tl=g47c251s635
post #22 of 33
Thread Starter 
thehidecheck,


Give me a reason why not to solder?

Given the fact that I am an educated and working electrician flips the coin.


By soldering I will get the exact cable length and more free space else taken by the splitters.

I don't like cables I don't use.

As for the Corsair 800D, I will remove the stock fan controller and all the useless garbage.


To add a point, this system will be custom sleeved by me with materials from MDPC-X in Germany.

This leaves me with only one option, and that's by not having any factory made splitters.


Just wanted to share my thought.


Thanks,

/Noll8a
post #23 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noll8a View Post

thehidecheck,
Give me a reason why not to solder?
Given the fact that I am an educated and working electrician flips the coin.
By soldering I will get the exact cable length and more free space else taken by the splitters.
I don't like cables I don't use.
As for the Corsair 800D, I will remove the stock fan controller and all the useless garbage.
To add a point, this system will be custom sleeved by me with materials from MDPC-X in Germany.
This leaves me with only one option, and that's by not having any factory made splitters.
Just wanted to share my thought.
Thanks,
/Noll8a
i never woulda guessed, go for it thumb.gif
post #24 of 33
Does the fan profile and the radiator fin density work out correctly? In other words are you going to be able to push enough air with these low amperage,low noise fans through the radiator(s) you chose?
WC Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930@4.05GHz ASUS P6X58D-Preminum XFX GeForce 275 896mb 6GB Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 150gb Raptor LightScan Win 7 64-bit Acer 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Corsair HX620W Antec 1200 several various 
Mouse Pad
none 
  hide details  
Reply
WC Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930@4.05GHz ASUS P6X58D-Preminum XFX GeForce 275 896mb 6GB Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 150gb Raptor LightScan Win 7 64-bit Acer 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Corsair HX620W Antec 1200 several various 
Mouse Pad
none 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 33
Thread Starter 
PCCstudent,


This is really something that you simply cannot answer until it has been properly tested.

The configuration is something I have been thinking about myself and would result in the optimal solution.


During benchmarking and load tests, these kind of issues or weaknesses will become quite clear.

I got caught by Corsair's fans because when comparing them with other fans to the sound level, the static pressure is rather good.

Static pressure is more or less more important than the actual sound readings of course, there's no doubt about that.

But having a silent system wouldn't hurt that bad after all.


I will try to optimize the airflow with these fans, might check back on this thread and post results.


/Noll8a
post #26 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCCstudent View Post

Does the fan profile and the radiator fin density work out correctly? In other words are you going to be able to push enough air with these low amperage,low noise fans through the radiator(s) you chose?

The Corsairs are weak when compared to APs. They look nice and new, but meh...
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 4820
(22 items)
 
SO's HTPC 3820
(21 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 4820
(22 items)
 
SO's HTPC 3820
(21 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

The Corsairs are weak when compared to APs. They look nice and new, but meh...

Not true.

They are on a par with the GT's with a lower noise output.
SR 2
(17 items)
 
CLoS3 IMPACT
(8 items)
 
| LUMO |
(6 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
x5650 x5650 EVGA SR-2 EVGA 670 ftw 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA 670 ftw EVGA 670 ftw Corsair Dominator GT 1866 Corsair ForceGT 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
Corsair ForceGT Caviar Green  2x HK 3, 3x HK GPU NiBlk, 2x D5 24v, Koolance D... Achevia Shimian 1440p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
QPAD MK85 MX Red Enermax 1500w Platimax Little Devil V8 RAT 7 
Mouse Pad
Roccat Sota 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS Impact ITX R9 290 Gskill Trident 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCase
Samsung EV0 250 x2 WD black Loop.....oh yes...... Caselabs S3....modded 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4970k Z97 Gryphon GTX 680 x2 Crucial Ballistix Elite 16Gb 
PowerCase
Be Quiet Dark Power 850 InWin D Frame Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
SR 2
(17 items)
 
CLoS3 IMPACT
(8 items)
 
| LUMO |
(6 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
x5650 x5650 EVGA SR-2 EVGA 670 ftw 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
EVGA 670 ftw EVGA 670 ftw Corsair Dominator GT 1866 Corsair ForceGT 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
Corsair ForceGT Caviar Green  2x HK 3, 3x HK GPU NiBlk, 2x D5 24v, Koolance D... Achevia Shimian 1440p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
QPAD MK85 MX Red Enermax 1500w Platimax Little Devil V8 RAT 7 
Mouse Pad
Roccat Sota 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASUS Impact ITX R9 290 Gskill Trident 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCase
Samsung EV0 250 x2 WD black Loop.....oh yes...... Caselabs S3....modded 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4970k Z97 Gryphon GTX 680 x2 Crucial Ballistix Elite 16Gb 
PowerCase
Be Quiet Dark Power 850 InWin D Frame Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by B NEGATIVE View Post

Not true.
They are on a par with the GT's with a lower noise output.


Weaker and louder, but louder is subjective. That said, they sound pretty crappy to my ears.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1254115/sp120-on-radiators/0_40#post_17389969
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 4820
(22 items)
 
SO's HTPC 3820
(21 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 4820
(22 items)
 
SO's HTPC 3820
(21 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 33
get the 800D . put it in the box , go outside , pour gasoline , burn it .... lol

get a Little Devil PC lol much easier
My Trusty PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 1366 950 EVGA Classified 3 EVGA 580 gtx G.skill Pi CL6 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
W7 ultimate 64bit Logitec G510 Corsair AX1200 Haf X 
Mouse
Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Trusty PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 1366 950 EVGA Classified 3 EVGA 580 gtx G.skill Pi CL6 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
W7 ultimate 64bit Logitec G510 Corsair AX1200 Haf X 
Mouse
Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noll8a View Post

PCCstudent,
This is really something that you simply cannot answer until it has been properly tested.
The configuration is something I have been thinking about myself and would result in the optimal solution.
During benchmarking and load tests, these kind of issues or weaknesses will become quite clear.
I got caught by Corsair's fans because when comparing them with other fans to the sound level, the static pressure is rather good.
Static pressure is more or less more important than the actual sound readings of course, there's no doubt about that.
But having a silent system wouldn't hurt that bad after all.
I will try to optimize the airflow with these fans, might check back on this thread and post results.
/Noll8a
What I am getting at is not so much about sound level.What I am asking is,if you are using radiators that have a very dense fin configuration (dense and thick).If the radiators are dense and thick you will need some fans that are able to push some air,and push it pretty hard.This feature is not usually found with low noise,low amperage fans. Now if you use thin radiators with widely spaced fins you can get away with low powered fans.The denser,thicker radiator stands a better chance of disapating more heat though
WC Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930@4.05GHz ASUS P6X58D-Preminum XFX GeForce 275 896mb 6GB Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 150gb Raptor LightScan Win 7 64-bit Acer 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Corsair HX620W Antec 1200 several various 
Mouse Pad
none 
  hide details  
Reply
WC Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-930@4.05GHz ASUS P6X58D-Preminum XFX GeForce 275 896mb 6GB Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 150gb Raptor LightScan Win 7 64-bit Acer 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Corsair HX620W Antec 1200 several various 
Mouse Pad
none 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Need Help With Custom Setup - 2x 480 Radiators.