Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › I need an mATX compatible case, please help :c
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I need an mATX compatible case, please help :c - Page 3

post #21 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehidecheck View Post

NZXT vulcan is the most hideous thing on the planet. It doesnt fulfill the role of a mATX case as its jagged dimensions take up that of a standard mid tower. I am def not a fan biggrin.gif
same here biggrin.gif Just to remind you guys, i want a 690 and a h40 to fit in the cases! smile.gif
post #22 of 31
Have you looked into the Inwin BR665? If you can get past the aesthetics or don't mind moddingit. the internal layout looks pretty good and should fit a 690.
Winter Nights
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k MSI Z77A-GD65 EVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB  MSI GTX 670 OC 2GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCase
G.Skill ARES 2x4GB  Crucail M4 128gb what is that? Bitfenix Shinobi 
Mouse
Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
Winter Nights
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k MSI Z77A-GD65 EVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB  MSI GTX 670 OC 2GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCase
G.Skill ARES 2x4GB  Crucail M4 128gb what is that? Bitfenix Shinobi 
Mouse
Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 31
Thread Starter 
Ew, more and more crappy cases coming D: please, it's a thread about the best, not the ugliest biggrin.gif I don't want to start modding the **** out of a case to make it look good tongue.gif
post #24 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by overclockmonkey View Post

Ew, more and more crappy cases coming D: please, it's a thread about the best, not the ugliest biggrin.gif I don't want to start modding the **** out of a case to make it look good tongue.gif

If you are water cooling the fractal design arc mini solely for the shifted fan on top. It's a no brainer. That's your only choice. If not Define mini. Of course you are going to have to remove the HDD cages. I'm not a big fan of the silverstone cases but I'd say TJ08 but not sure if it will hold a 690.

What I say you really do is sell your current mobo and grab a sweet new z77 mitx and a bitfenix prodigy if you are already on a 1155 chip biggrin.gif
Winter Nights
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k MSI Z77A-GD65 EVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB  MSI GTX 670 OC 2GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCase
G.Skill ARES 2x4GB  Crucail M4 128gb what is that? Bitfenix Shinobi 
Mouse
Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
Winter Nights
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k MSI Z77A-GD65 EVGA GTX 670 SC 2GB  MSI GTX 670 OC 2GB 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCase
G.Skill ARES 2x4GB  Crucail M4 128gb what is that? Bitfenix Shinobi 
Mouse
Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiHawk560 View Post

grab a sweet new z77 mitx and a bitfenix prodigy if you are already on a 1155 chip biggrin.gif

i'm on a core 2 duo and a 4670 biggrin.gif
post #26 of 31
I really like the Silverstone FT03 that I own. The air flow is good with bottom mounted fans and it looks good too. Just thought I'd throw that option out there in case OP really liked how it looks.
Science Oven
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k p8z77 v pro asus 780 ripjaws 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
seagate Crucial m4 h100i spectre 
CoolingOSKeyboardPower
cougar pwm windows 8.1 Ducking Shine 3 cooler master 850w silent 
CaseMouseAudio
600t razer 2014 Asus DI 
  hide details  
Reply
Science Oven
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k p8z77 v pro asus 780 ripjaws 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
seagate Crucial m4 h100i spectre 
CoolingOSKeyboardPower
cougar pwm windows 8.1 Ducking Shine 3 cooler master 850w silent 
CaseMouseAudio
600t razer 2014 Asus DI 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiHawk560 View Post

If you are water cooling the fractal design arc mini solely for the shifted fan on top. It's a no brainer. That's your only choice. If not Define mini. Of course you are going to have to remove the HDD cages. I'm not a big fan of the silverstone cases but I'd say TJ08 but not sure if it will hold a 690.
What I say you really do is sell your current mobo and grab a sweet new z77 mitx and a bitfenix prodigy if you are already on a 1155 chip biggrin.gif
ITX is a whole new beast, if OP wants to consider them I'd suggest looking at lian li PC-Q08, bitfenix prodigy, and the upcoming fractal node 304(would be a real ringer for air cooling). Again, this is a whole new direction almost deserving a thread in itself.
Edited by thehidecheck - 7/23/12 at 11:55am
post #28 of 31
Thread Starter 
we are getting a little off topic biggrin.gif I will take the core 1000, it has enough space for my gtx 690 and still enought space in the front dro an h40 push/pull thumb.gif 2 ssd drives fit too and my motherboard too:D and it looks kinda good;)
post #29 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by overclockmonkey View Post

we are getting a little off topic biggrin.gif I will take the core 1000, it has enough space for my gtx 690 and still enought space in the front dro an h40 push/pull thumb.gif 2 ssd drives fit too and my motherboard too:D and it looks kinda good;)
best o luck
post #30 of 31
Thread Starter 
oh and thank you all for the help! since the core 1000 has such a small price it shouldn't be a hard task to buy a second case when i'm not satisfied tongue.gif
Edited by overclockmonkey - 7/23/12 at 12:01pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › I need an mATX compatible case, please help :c