Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Corsair 800D "The Secret of the Ooze" Build Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Corsair 800D "The Secret of the Ooze" Build Thread - Page 8

post #71 of 350
Thread Starter 
Okay after staring at the case for the past 10 minutes i have come up with this.

I will move right to left here -

Pump inlet to res.
Pump discharge to cpu IN
Top rad right port to res.

Rear rad left port to the top video card.
Rear rad right port to cpu out.

Now this creates a problem because where will the top rad left port get fed to ?

My 2cd problem is i just ordered a drain port set up and with this loop order i will have no tubing running toward the bottom of the case.
IN WIN 509 Build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k Gigabyte Z170X Ultra Gaming Gigabyte 980 Ti Extreme Gaming G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 750 NVMe Samsung EVO EK 240 Predator Windows 10 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus ROG Swift Corsair Strafe RGB MX Brown IN WIN Classic 750 IN WIN 805 
MouseAudio
Corsair Sabre RGB Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
IN WIN 509 Build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k Gigabyte Z170X Ultra Gaming Gigabyte 980 Ti Extreme Gaming G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 750 NVMe Samsung EVO EK 240 Predator Windows 10 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus ROG Swift Corsair Strafe RGB MX Brown IN WIN Classic 750 IN WIN 805 
MouseAudio
Corsair Sabre RGB Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #72 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk20z3 View Post

Okay i can try that but then where will the corner port on the roof rad go ?
Also where would i send the cpu IN port to the discharge port on the pump ?

Aaaaand you confused me again. I suggest you look at my terribly long post. Fuganater presumes your loop runs from top to bottom, which it doesn't if I'm not mistaken.
He did post a good example of how a serial loop should look like. Can you see how he has his GPUs connected?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk20z3 View Post

Okay after staring at the case for the past 10 minutes i have come up with this.
I will move right to left here -
Pump inlet to res.
Pump discharge to cpu IN
Top rad right port to res.
Rear rad left port to the top video card.
Rear rad right port to cpu out.
Now this creates a problem because where will the top rad left port get fed to ?
My 2cd problem is i just ordered a drain port set up and with this loop order i will have no tubing running toward the bottom of the case.

Seriously man, read my post. Meanwhile I'll make a diagram (in paint of course tongue.gif )
Edited by Bloitz - 8/14/12 at 12:58pm
Black Betty
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
Black Betty
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
post #73 of 350
Thread Starter 
Sry i am trying to read and figure this out at the same time so i am posting before i can read any responses so here we go -



Okay i see what your describing now and that makes sense but just a few questions.

The pump inlet should feed the res correct ?

So i would have a feed off the bottom video card feeding the discharge port on the pump ?

If that's the case i can run my drain loop section along that run.
IN WIN 509 Build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k Gigabyte Z170X Ultra Gaming Gigabyte 980 Ti Extreme Gaming G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 750 NVMe Samsung EVO EK 240 Predator Windows 10 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus ROG Swift Corsair Strafe RGB MX Brown IN WIN Classic 750 IN WIN 805 
MouseAudio
Corsair Sabre RGB Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
IN WIN 509 Build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k Gigabyte Z170X Ultra Gaming Gigabyte 980 Ti Extreme Gaming G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 750 NVMe Samsung EVO EK 240 Predator Windows 10 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus ROG Swift Corsair Strafe RGB MX Brown IN WIN Classic 750 IN WIN 805 
MouseAudio
Corsair Sabre RGB Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #74 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk20z3 View Post

Sry i am trying to read and figure this out at the same time so i am posting before i can read any responses so here we go -

Okay i see what your describing now and that makes sense but just a few questions.
The pump inlet should feed the res correct ?
So i would have a feed off the bottom video card feeding the discharge port on the pump ?
If that's the case i can run my drain loop section along that run.

The way you say it is a bit weird but I think you got it.

I finished my diagram which should be way easier to understand.



So, in a nutshell:
Water goes from the res to the pump inlet. From the pump outlet to the bottom 670 with a T-piece along the way for a drain line. Bottom 670 to top 670. From the top 670 to the rear rad (the port closest to you), from the other port (which is now the outlet) to the inlet of the CPU. From the CPU outlet to the top rad. Outlet at the other end of the top rad to the reservoir.

Now I'm going to make a diagram of the second option.

EDIT:
Option 2


In hindsight, this loop isn't too bad either. Basically the same as the other one but the water goes from the top 670 to the CPU IN and from the CPU OUT to the rear rad. And from the rear rad to the top rad.
You'll have to turn the top rad around for this to look at its best. Because it will look the best if you can connect the CPU out to the left (looking at the back of the case) port on the rear rad (less distance or crossing of tubing). Then the right port would be the outlet and if you turn the top rad around then you can have the inlet on the right side.
Edited by Bloitz - 8/14/12 at 1:25pm
Black Betty
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
Black Betty
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
post #75 of 350
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloitz View Post

The way you say it is a bit weird but I think you got it.
I finished my diagram which should be way easier to understand.

So, in a nutshell:
Water goes from the res to the pump inlet. From the pump outlet to the bottom 670 with a T-piece along the way for a drain line. Bottom 670 to top 670. From the top 670 to the rear rad (the port closest to you), from the other port (which is now the outlet) to the inlet of the CPU. From the CPU outlet to the top rad. Outlet at the other end of the top rad to the reservoir.
Now I'm going to make a diagram of the second option.

I really appreciate the help so far i just have 1 more question -

it looks like you have the pump inlet feeding the bottom video card ?

On the Swifttech instruction sheet it tells me to have the pump inlet feed the res preferable oppose to the pump discharge port as shown in your drawing..
IN WIN 509 Build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k Gigabyte Z170X Ultra Gaming Gigabyte 980 Ti Extreme Gaming G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 750 NVMe Samsung EVO EK 240 Predator Windows 10 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus ROG Swift Corsair Strafe RGB MX Brown IN WIN Classic 750 IN WIN 805 
MouseAudio
Corsair Sabre RGB Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
IN WIN 509 Build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k Gigabyte Z170X Ultra Gaming Gigabyte 980 Ti Extreme Gaming G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 750 NVMe Samsung EVO EK 240 Predator Windows 10 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus ROG Swift Corsair Strafe RGB MX Brown IN WIN Classic 750 IN WIN 805 
MouseAudio
Corsair Sabre RGB Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #76 of 350
The pump inlet isn't feeding the bottom GPU in his diagram, he color coded it to show the outlet going to the GPU.
Captivity
(33 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6900K Asus ROG Rampage V Edition 10 R9 Fury X Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Caviar Black WD Caviar Black Mushkin Reactor Mushkin Reactor 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
WD Caviar Black Gentle Typhoon AP-15 Alphacool Cape Corp Coolpex Pro 50LT XSPC EX480 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Primochill PrimoFlex 7/16x5/8 EK Compression Fittings XSPC EX420 Koolance CPU-380I Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bitspower 90 Degree Angle Fittings XSPC EX420 VPP655 Corsair Air Series SP140 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
PMP-450S Windows 10 Monoprice 4k Ducky DK9008G2 
PowerCaseOtherOther
Corsair AX1200i CaseLabs Merlin ST10 CaseLabs Merlin ST10 Pedestal CaseLabs Merlin ST10 Pedestal 
OtherOtherOtherOther
120.4 (480) Radiator Side Mount - Merlin Pedestal 120.4 (480) Radiator Side Mount - Merlin Pedestal 140.3 (420) Radiator Side Mount - Merlin Pedestal 140.3 (420) Radiator Side Mount - Merlin Pedestal 
Other
HDD Cage Assy - Flex-Bay  
  hide details  
Reply
Captivity
(33 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6900K Asus ROG Rampage V Edition 10 R9 Fury X Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD Caviar Black WD Caviar Black Mushkin Reactor Mushkin Reactor 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
WD Caviar Black Gentle Typhoon AP-15 Alphacool Cape Corp Coolpex Pro 50LT XSPC EX480 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Primochill PrimoFlex 7/16x5/8 EK Compression Fittings XSPC EX420 Koolance CPU-380I Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Bitspower 90 Degree Angle Fittings XSPC EX420 VPP655 Corsair Air Series SP140 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
PMP-450S Windows 10 Monoprice 4k Ducky DK9008G2 
PowerCaseOtherOther
Corsair AX1200i CaseLabs Merlin ST10 CaseLabs Merlin ST10 Pedestal CaseLabs Merlin ST10 Pedestal 
OtherOtherOtherOther
120.4 (480) Radiator Side Mount - Merlin Pedestal 120.4 (480) Radiator Side Mount - Merlin Pedestal 140.3 (420) Radiator Side Mount - Merlin Pedestal 140.3 (420) Radiator Side Mount - Merlin Pedestal 
Other
HDD Cage Assy - Flex-Bay  
  hide details  
Reply
post #77 of 350
With regard to your drain question, if you get a pump top, it's very easy to have a drain. Additionally, you will have better performance.

DUALBRAIN
(15 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Xeon X5680 Xeon X5680 eVGA SR-2 eVGA GTX 780 Ti 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
eVGA GTX 780 Ti 24 GB Corsair Dominator Samsung 840 Pro Aqua Kryos x 2 CPU, Aqua Nickel Ti x 2, MIPS MB... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate Dell U3415W Func KB 460 & Happy Hacker Pro 2 Corsair 1200 AXi 
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH 10 Func Audio Engine A5+ 
  hide details  
Reply
DUALBRAIN
(15 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Xeon X5680 Xeon X5680 eVGA SR-2 eVGA GTX 780 Ti 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveCooling
eVGA GTX 780 Ti 24 GB Corsair Dominator Samsung 840 Pro Aqua Kryos x 2 CPU, Aqua Nickel Ti x 2, MIPS MB... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate Dell U3415W Func KB 460 & Happy Hacker Pro 2 Corsair 1200 AXi 
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH 10 Func Audio Engine A5+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #78 of 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk20z3 View Post

I really appreciate the help so far i just have 1 more question -
it looks like you have the pump inlet feeding the bottom video card ?
On the Swifttech instruction sheet it tells me to have the pump inlet feed the res preferable oppose to the pump discharge port as shown in your drawing..

Yea I understand what you mean but this diagram was just a quick drawing.

Ideally you would want a D5 stand where you can have the inlet facing upwards but that would cover that sweet Bitspower logo on the back so perhaps a mount or stand where you can put the pump on it's side? (In a way that the outlet is in line with the tube to the GPUs).
I have a DDC so I don't know what kind of D5 accessories are on the market.
Black Betty
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
Black Betty
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
post #79 of 350
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by superericla View Post

The pump inlet isn't feeding the bottom GPU in his diagram, he color coded it to show the outlet going to the GPU.

If you look at how i have the pump sitting in the case the line that's shown going to the bottom video card would be the inlet port.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theseekeroffun View Post

With regard to your drain question, if you get a pump top, it's very easy to have a drain. Additionally, you will have better performance.

I will look in to it tonight hopefully Bitspower makes 1 to match the pump mod kit.
IN WIN 509 Build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k Gigabyte Z170X Ultra Gaming Gigabyte 980 Ti Extreme Gaming G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 750 NVMe Samsung EVO EK 240 Predator Windows 10 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus ROG Swift Corsair Strafe RGB MX Brown IN WIN Classic 750 IN WIN 805 
MouseAudio
Corsair Sabre RGB Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
IN WIN 509 Build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k Gigabyte Z170X Ultra Gaming Gigabyte 980 Ti Extreme Gaming G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 750 NVMe Samsung EVO EK 240 Predator Windows 10 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus ROG Swift Corsair Strafe RGB MX Brown IN WIN Classic 750 IN WIN 805 
MouseAudio
Corsair Sabre RGB Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #80 of 350
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloitz View Post

Yea I understand what you mean but this diagram was just a quick drawing.
Ideally you would want a D5 stand where you can have the inlet facing upwards but that would cover that sweet Bitspower logo on the back so perhaps a mount or stand where you can put the pump on it's side? (In a way that the outlet is in line with the tube to the GPUs).
I have a DDC so I don't know what kind of D5 accessories are on the market.

I am going to look in to some solutions for that tonight if not i will just have to figure out a way to run some tubing there as clean as possible.

But overall the loop design should be final and i thank you for that.
IN WIN 509 Build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k Gigabyte Z170X Ultra Gaming Gigabyte 980 Ti Extreme Gaming G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 750 NVMe Samsung EVO EK 240 Predator Windows 10 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus ROG Swift Corsair Strafe RGB MX Brown IN WIN Classic 750 IN WIN 805 
MouseAudio
Corsair Sabre RGB Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
IN WIN 509 Build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k Gigabyte Z170X Ultra Gaming Gigabyte 980 Ti Extreme Gaming G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 750 NVMe Samsung EVO EK 240 Predator Windows 10 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus ROG Swift Corsair Strafe RGB MX Brown IN WIN Classic 750 IN WIN 805 
MouseAudio
Corsair Sabre RGB Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Corsair 800D "The Secret of the Ooze" Build Thread