Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Mayhems users club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mayhems users club - Page 463

post #4621 of 15472
Quote:
Originally Posted by darwing View Post

1) Pearls sorry some refer it as crystals and mayhems uses pearls
2)The issue is that it is revolutionary and amazing, however I seriously doubt you have systems where the effect is still there after a solid years use with a standard system setup with the passes items on the wiki. But if you do that's amazing because I would considered that to be long term use and a practice product for the type of users it is geared for.

The word on the street is that the us got 3 barrels to start sending out after supplies dry up. But with that said I've been waiting for auora 2 for over a year and couldn't be more excited to see people actually use it and reviews!

You do state very clearly this isn't for long time use and there are dangers if used with untested equipment, which is important and good. I have yet to see anything officially announced on the website about auora 2 being released which I would jump on immediately and purchase this.

With all this said thank you for stepping in as a rep (and shut up robocop lol biggrin.gif:rolleyes:) and is there any guarantee if I put together a visual loop with just pump tubing and a small res for testing that this will last longer than a few months? And haw can we tell if we are buying the old auora or the new concentrate performancepc a always says new!!

Finally let's put it this way, I like the product so much that for my magazine build I'm actually setting up a specific loop just for the auora to flow without breaking down no blocks, just a hidden res a hidden pump and some tube to show off your product and hope it lasts the three weeks on demo

Watch the video from previous page..... he had it for 9 months including a 5 week shutdown with no ill effects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7eboct_ckQ

There are many users with vids on you tube with 8 - 12 months usage.
911 Carrera
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel w/ EK Supremacy Cooling Block - Clean P... Asus Maximus VI Formula 2 x Asus GTX 780 DCII w/ EK Full Cover Blocks a... Mushkin Red Line Ridgeback 2 x 8GB DDR302400 10... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2 x SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB (2 x Seagate ST2000DX001 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cach... Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blue Ray Writer 1 x Alphacool NexXxoS XT45-420 + 1 x Alphacool ... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
1 x Swiftech 35x2 w/ Heatsink and NB Fan EK -MultiOption RES X3 250 White Acetal Reservoir 5 x PH-F140SP_BK_BLED + 5 x PH-F140SP_BK E22 Rigid 10/12 Acrylic Tubing and Bitspower Ma... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2 x Reeven Six Eyes Fan Controller Windows 7 64 Bit Professional OEM ASUS VG248QE Black 23" 144 Hz Monitor Logitech G19s 920-004985 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic X-1250 Phanteks Enthoo Primo Ultimate Chassis Asus RoG GX950 Laser Mouse  Logitech Z5500 
  hide details  
Reply
911 Carrera
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel w/ EK Supremacy Cooling Block - Clean P... Asus Maximus VI Formula 2 x Asus GTX 780 DCII w/ EK Full Cover Blocks a... Mushkin Red Line Ridgeback 2 x 8GB DDR302400 10... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2 x SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB (2 x Seagate ST2000DX001 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cach... Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blue Ray Writer 1 x Alphacool NexXxoS XT45-420 + 1 x Alphacool ... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
1 x Swiftech 35x2 w/ Heatsink and NB Fan EK -MultiOption RES X3 250 White Acetal Reservoir 5 x PH-F140SP_BK_BLED + 5 x PH-F140SP_BK E22 Rigid 10/12 Acrylic Tubing and Bitspower Ma... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2 x Reeven Six Eyes Fan Controller Windows 7 64 Bit Professional OEM ASUS VG248QE Black 23" 144 Hz Monitor Logitech G19s 920-004985 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic X-1250 Phanteks Enthoo Primo Ultimate Chassis Asus RoG GX950 Laser Mouse  Logitech Z5500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4622 of 15472
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE View Post

Watch the video from previous page..... he had it for 9 months including a 5 week shutdown with no ill effects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7eboct_ckQ

There are many users with vids on you tube with 8 - 12 months usage.

5 week shut down... U nderstand that is literally like bottling it up again and not moving the pearls ?? That's like saying ok I'm going to put it into my system, turn it on in 5 months and wow it's like I started it up for the first time.

It's continuous use is the issue, I'm sure if u put it back in the bottle waited 6 months then put it back in ur system it would work to
post #4623 of 15472
Quote:
Originally Posted by darwing View Post

5 week shut down... U nderstand that is literally like bottling it up again and not moving the pearls ?? That's like saying ok I'm going to put it into my system, turn it on in 5 months and wow it's like I started it up for the first time.

It's continuous use is the issue, I'm sure if u put it back in the bottle waited 6 months then put it back in ur system it would work to

The primary issue is the pearls falling out of suspension, usually due to them getting caught in all the crevices, nooks, slits, etc. Turning it off gives the pearls a chance to settle, and fall out of suspension.
The Laboratory
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Vishera 8-Core 4.0GHz Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z Radeon R9 290X Generic 1333MHz R.A.M. 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Wester Digital 5400RPM HP CH20L "The Russian Winter" Windows 8 
KeyboardPowerCase
Steel Series Merc Fatal1ty 1000Watt PSU DIY Rig 
  hide details  
Reply
The Laboratory
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Vishera 8-Core 4.0GHz Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z Radeon R9 290X Generic 1333MHz R.A.M. 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Wester Digital 5400RPM HP CH20L "The Russian Winter" Windows 8 
KeyboardPowerCase
Steel Series Merc Fatal1ty 1000Watt PSU DIY Rig 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4624 of 15472
Quote:
Originally Posted by darwing View Post

5 week shut down... Understand that is literally like bottling it up again and not moving the pearls ?? That's like saying ok I'm going to put it into my system, turn it on in 5 months and wow it's like I started it up for the first time.

It's continuous use is the issue, I'm sure if u put it back in the bottle waited 6 months then put it back in ur system it would work to

No, it's not.....intermittent use was the only concern as is identified in the wiki and all the user videos.

Well at least after reading 1,000s of anti-aurora comments since its introduction, I must say you have been the first to come up with this very unusual conclusion. I must be up front and say I see no logic behind it whatsoever. Ever buy paint ? Why do they put it in the shaker thingie ? Movement is good, sitting around doing nothing is bad...... . keeping the fluid moving keeps particles in suspension .... letting it stop allows them to "settle out" .... which is why if ya open a can of paint left in ya basement after 6 months.... you cave an inch of clay like substance on the bottom.

What I realize when seeing that video is that it totally debunks the major knock against the product....the claim all along is that it will settle out and not go back in suspension cause it will have gunked up and settles in blocks and all the nooks and crannies....this video debunked that claim...... I really don't understand what led you to conclude that the pearls "wear out" with use so would welcome an explanation .... is your thinking that the particles get bashed around to tube walls and disintegrate somehow ? They are not "organic" so will not break down with time. my wife has a pearl necklace that was her great grandmothers.... I don't think it looks any different than it did 90 years ago.

Lest we forget, did you read the video comments ... read the part about 9 months of active usage ? Why didn't it show any sign of degradation then ? Why don't any of the other videos with a year of use show any degradation ? Read the wiki and the manufacturer's statements .... none of the warnings are about product breakdown.....the concerns are about settling out. In my profession 9wastrewater treatment) we have two terms that are critical....

1. Solids Deposition Velocity is the minimum velocity (2.0 fps) below which solids in suspension will settle out in piping.

2. Solids Pick Up Velocity is the velocity (3.5 fps) at which settled solids in suspension will be picked up and resuspended.

So in a wastewater system which never goes below 2.0 fps, we don't have problems.....if ya do go below 2.0 fps... then ya better be capable of doing 3.5 fps or you have ti worry about being able to resuspend those solids. In this application the solids are much closer in density than we find in wastewater so the req'd velocities won't be as great.

But here's what we see in a typical 10mm ID tube

1.00 gpm~ 2.65 fps
1.25 gpm~ 3.31 fps
1.50 gpm~ 3.97 fps
1.75 gpm~ 4.63 fps
2.00 gpm~ 5.29 fps

from the wiki
Quote:
'+ Reservoir’s with Inbuilt Pumps do not work well as the pump vents suck in the pearl and do not release it.
++ Single DDC / D5 Reservoir has large opening on right hand side were the water is dead and does not move this causes the pearl to drop out of suspension and lay. these are actually badly designed reservoirs.
+++ D5 Laing Pumps are recommend to be run on Level 4 and 5 and not below this settings.

1. stuff gets stuck or no longer remains in suspension (not moving)
2. stuff settles out of suspension in dead spaces (not moving)
3. says to run pumps at higher speed settings to "keep it moving".

Quote:
You have not flushed your system correctly. Aurora Sticks to tubing, Rads, and various other components.
Your pump does not have enough pressure or flow to move the fluids around quick enough (e.g 4 rads + 2 blocks on a single 18 watt DDC is expecting to much)
You have bad flow in a reservoir or single component that is causing the pearl to stay inside it or stick.

1. It is prone to stick when it "settles out"
2. It wasn't moving fast enough
3. Bad or low flow thru reservoir that allows pearls to settle out and stick.

Clearly each of the issues identified by both the manufacturer and the user community have identified lack of flow as the biggest concern..... lots of use or flow is what it is recommended.....letting it sit is what is clearly recommended against and the video showed that you can resuspend the pearls if you have a well designed system without any dead spots.
Edited by JackNaylorPE - 1/8/14 at 2:01pm
911 Carrera
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel w/ EK Supremacy Cooling Block - Clean P... Asus Maximus VI Formula 2 x Asus GTX 780 DCII w/ EK Full Cover Blocks a... Mushkin Red Line Ridgeback 2 x 8GB DDR302400 10... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2 x SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB (2 x Seagate ST2000DX001 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cach... Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blue Ray Writer 1 x Alphacool NexXxoS XT45-420 + 1 x Alphacool ... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
1 x Swiftech 35x2 w/ Heatsink and NB Fan EK -MultiOption RES X3 250 White Acetal Reservoir 5 x PH-F140SP_BK_BLED + 5 x PH-F140SP_BK E22 Rigid 10/12 Acrylic Tubing and Bitspower Ma... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2 x Reeven Six Eyes Fan Controller Windows 7 64 Bit Professional OEM ASUS VG248QE Black 23" 144 Hz Monitor Logitech G19s 920-004985 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic X-1250 Phanteks Enthoo Primo Ultimate Chassis Asus RoG GX950 Laser Mouse  Logitech Z5500 
  hide details  
Reply
911 Carrera
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel w/ EK Supremacy Cooling Block - Clean P... Asus Maximus VI Formula 2 x Asus GTX 780 DCII w/ EK Full Cover Blocks a... Mushkin Red Line Ridgeback 2 x 8GB DDR302400 10... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2 x SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB (2 x Seagate ST2000DX001 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cach... Asus BW-12B1ST/BLK/G/AS Blue Ray Writer 1 x Alphacool NexXxoS XT45-420 + 1 x Alphacool ... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
1 x Swiftech 35x2 w/ Heatsink and NB Fan EK -MultiOption RES X3 250 White Acetal Reservoir 5 x PH-F140SP_BK_BLED + 5 x PH-F140SP_BK E22 Rigid 10/12 Acrylic Tubing and Bitspower Ma... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2 x Reeven Six Eyes Fan Controller Windows 7 64 Bit Professional OEM ASUS VG248QE Black 23" 144 Hz Monitor Logitech G19s 920-004985 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic X-1250 Phanteks Enthoo Primo Ultimate Chassis Asus RoG GX950 Laser Mouse  Logitech Z5500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4625 of 15472
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwing View Post

5 week shut down... Understand that is literally like bottling it up again and not moving the pearls ?? That's like saying ok I'm going to put it into my system, turn it on in 5 months and wow it's like I started it up for the first time.

It's continuous use is the issue, I'm sure if u put it back in the bottle waited 6 months then put it back in ur system it would work to

No, it's not.....intermittent use was the only concern as is identified in the wiki and all the user videos.

Well at least after reading 1,000s of anti-aurora comments since its introduction, I must say you have been the first to come up with this very unusual conclusion. I must be up front and say I see no logic behind it whatsoever. Ever buy paint ? Why do they put it in the shaker thingie ? Movement is good, sitting around doing nothing is bad...... . keeping the fluid moving keeps particles in suspension .... letting it stop allows them to "settle out" .... which is why if ya open a can of paint left in ya basement after 6 months.... you cave an inch of clay like substance on the bottom.

What I realize when seeing that video is that it totally debunks the major knock against the product....the claim all along is that it will settle out and not go back in suspension cause it will have gunked up and settles in blocks and all the nooks and crannies....this video debunked that claim...... I really don't understand what led you to conclude that the pearls "wear out" with use so would welcome an explanation .... is your thinking that the particles get bashed around to tube walls and disintegrate somehow ? They are not "organic" so will not break down with time. my wife has a pearl necklace that was her great grandmothers.... I don't think it looks any different than it did 90 years ago.

Lest we forget, did you read the video comments ... read the part about 9 months of active usage ? Why didn't it show any sign of degradation then ? Why don't any of the other videos with a year of use show any degradation ? Read the wiki and the manufacturer's statements .... none of the warnings are about product breakdown.....the concerns are about settling out. In my profession 9wastrewater treatment) we have two terms that are critical....

1. Solids Deposition Velocity is the minimum velocity (2.0 fps) below which solids in suspension will settle out in piping.

2. Solids Pick Up Velocity is the velocity (3.5 fps) at which settled solids in suspension will be picked up and resuspended.

So in a wastewater system which never goes below 2.0 fps, we don't have problems.....if ya do go below 2.0 fps... then ya better be capable of doing 3.5 fps or you have ti worry about being able to resuspend those solids. In this application the solids are much closer in density than we find in wastewater so the req'd velocities won't be as great.

But here's what we see in a typical 10mm ID tube

1.00 gpm~ 2.65 fps
1.25 gpm~ 3.31 fps
1.50 gpm~ 3.97 fps
1.75 gpm~ 4.63 fps
2.00 gpm~ 5.29 fps

from the wiki
Quote:
'+ Reservoir’s with Inbuilt Pumps do not work well as the pump vents suck in the pearl and do not release it.
++ Single DDC / D5 Reservoir has large opening on right hand side were the water is dead and does not move this causes the pearl to drop out of suspension and lay. these are actually badly designed reservoirs.
+++ D5 Laing Pumps are recommend to be run on Level 4 and 5 and not below this settings.

1. stuff gets stuck or no longer remains in suspension (not moving)
2. stuff settles out of suspension in dead spaces (not moving)
3. says to run pumps at higher speed settings to "keep it moving".

Quote:
You have not flushed your system correctly. Aurora Sticks to tubing, Rads, and various other components.
Your pump does not have enough pressure or flow to move the fluids around quick enough (e.g 4 rads + 2 blocks on a single 18 watt DDC is expecting to much)
You have bad flow in a reservoir or single component that is causing the pearl to stay inside it or stick.

1. It is prone to stick when it "settles out"
2. It wasn't moving fast enough
3. Bad or low flow thru reservoir that allows pearls to settle out and stick.

Clearly each of the issues identified by both the manufacturer and the user community have identified lack of flow as the biggest concern..... lots of use or flow is what it is recommended.....letting it sit is what is clearly recommended against and the video showed that you can resuspend the pearls if you have a well designed system without any dead spots.

You are overthinking the product and seems like trying to pick a bit of a fight here. Just wait for Aurora 2 to come out and see how it performs compared to the same setup with Aurora 1.
post #4626 of 15472
Very well said @JackNaylorPE +REP
post #4627 of 15472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntfly02 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwing View Post

5 week shut down... Understand that is literally like bottling it up again and not moving the pearls ?? That's like saying ok I'm going to put it into my system, turn it on in 5 months and wow it's like I started it up for the first time.

It's continuous use is the issue, I'm sure if u put it back in the bottle waited 6 months then put it back in ur system it would work to

No, it's not.....intermittent use was the only concern as is identified in the wiki and all the user videos.

Well at least after reading 1,000s of anti-aurora comments since its introduction, I must say you have been the first to come up with this very unusual conclusion. I must be up front and say I see no logic behind it whatsoever. Ever buy paint ? Why do they put it in the shaker thingie ? Movement is good, sitting around doing nothing is bad...... . keeping the fluid moving keeps particles in suspension .... letting it stop allows them to "settle out" .... which is why if ya open a can of paint left in ya basement after 6 months.... you cave an inch of clay like substance on the bottom.

What I realize when seeing that video is that it totally debunks the major knock against the product....the claim all along is that it will settle out and not go back in suspension cause it will have gunked up and settles in blocks and all the nooks and crannies....this video debunked that claim...... I really don't understand what led you to conclude that the pearls "wear out" with use so would welcome an explanation .... is your thinking that the particles get bashed around to tube walls and disintegrate somehow ? They are not "organic" so will not break down with time. my wife has a pearl necklace that was her great grandmothers.... I don't think it looks any different than it did 90 years ago.

Lest we forget, did you read the video comments ... read the part about 9 months of active usage ? Why didn't it show any sign of degradation then ? Why don't any of the other videos with a year of use show any degradation ? Read the wiki and the manufacturer's statements .... none of the warnings are about product breakdown.....the concerns are about settling out. In my profession 9wastrewater treatment) we have two terms that are critical....

1. Solids Deposition Velocity is the minimum velocity (2.0 fps) below which solids in suspension will settle out in piping.

2. Solids Pick Up Velocity is the velocity (3.5 fps) at which settled solids in suspension will be picked up and resuspended.

So in a wastewater system which never goes below 2.0 fps, we don't have problems.....if ya do go below 2.0 fps... then ya better be capable of doing 3.5 fps or you have ti worry about being able to resuspend those solids. In this application the solids are much closer in density than we find in wastewater so the req'd velocities won't be as great.

But here's what we see in a typical 10mm ID tube

1.00 gpm~ 2.65 fps
1.25 gpm~ 3.31 fps
1.50 gpm~ 3.97 fps
1.75 gpm~ 4.63 fps
2.00 gpm~ 5.29 fps

from the wiki
Quote:
'+ Reservoir’s with Inbuilt Pumps do not work well as the pump vents suck in the pearl and do not release it.
++ Single DDC / D5 Reservoir has large opening on right hand side were the water is dead and does not move this causes the pearl to drop out of suspension and lay. these are actually badly designed reservoirs.
+++ D5 Laing Pumps are recommend to be run on Level 4 and 5 and not below this settings.

1. stuff gets stuck or no longer remains in suspension (not moving)
2. stuff settles out of suspension in dead spaces (not moving)
3. says to run pumps at higher speed settings to "keep it moving".

Quote:
You have not flushed your system correctly. Aurora Sticks to tubing, Rads, and various other components.
Your pump does not have enough pressure or flow to move the fluids around quick enough (e.g 4 rads + 2 blocks on a single 18 watt DDC is expecting to much)
You have bad flow in a reservoir or single component that is causing the pearl to stay inside it or stick.

1. It is prone to stick when it "settles out"
2. It wasn't moving fast enough
3. Bad or low flow thru reservoir that allows pearls to settle out and stick.

Clearly each of the issues identified by both the manufacturer and the user community have identified lack of flow as the biggest concern..... lots of use or flow is what it is recommended.....letting it sit is what is clearly recommended against and the video showed that you can resuspend the pearls if you have a well designed system without any dead spots.

You are overthinking the product and seems like trying to pick a bit of a fight here. Just wait for Aurora 2 to come out and see how it performs compared to the same setup with Aurora 1.

Sorry originally meant to Quote darwing not you Jack
post #4628 of 15472
Cue Bneg on spoiler usage!!!!
post #4629 of 15472
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizwan View Post

I'm staring at my computer everyday & I'm just using Pastel Blue Berry. My computer case is on the desk, in front of me, with the side window facing me. Hard to ignore them. This explained my bad K/D ratio in BF4. I don't know what happen if I have Aurora in there.

Lol
Can't help but stare at my machines too. The new one I'm building is going to have aurora and be next to the tv.might be difficult to watch anything on the tubes with it sitting in there

Man you just built crowbar and you're going to do another build? Wow lol I need your job. I started a second build, but it is a SFF system and will be VERY simple. Just a loop on the CPU.

I will be using Pastel Ice White and here's a link if you care to take a look.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1445628/build-log-little-italy-mitx-build
post #4630 of 15472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimhans1 View Post

Cue Bneg on spoiler usage!!!!

If thats directed at me most of the time I see they want you to use spoilers is when quoting a post with lots of pictures since all those images take extra time for the page to load. Text does not take time for the server to load when compared to pictures.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Mayhems users club