Mice I own in purchasing order:
- Razer Deathadder 3G
- Zowie AM
- Razer Diamondback 3G Red Edition
- Zowie FK
- CM Storm Recon
Used the Diamondback and mostly AM throughout the last year until last week. Right now am undecided between FK and Recon, will probably keep both, but have my problems with both of them right now.Mice that died in service:
- Razer Diamondback 1600dpi (got destroyed by overuse)
- Razer Imperator (the only laser mouse I've ever owned, cable broke after 1 year of use)Mice I tried, but didn't keep:
- Roccat's debut mouse (dunno name, didn't like)
- CM Storm Spawn (lovely mouse, but shape was not for me)
- Roccat Savu (lovely mouse, but shape was not for me)
- EC1/2 eVo (no good coating, shape not as good as Deathadder)
- Mionix Naos 5000 (faulty sensor, or was it okay for laser? lol)
- Razer Mamba 2012 (too much recharging)
To my mouse history. I am actually not such an enthusiast, but quite practical. Always owned one mouse at a time and used it until I had good reason to buy a new one.
After using many cheap opticals that broke fast (before that a couple of cojones mice), I bought the Diamondback 1600dpi and used it for many years until destruction.
Being happy with a Razer mouse I went for a Deathadder 3G and used it for many years until I gave it to someone who was in need for a mouse and bought the Razer Imperator out of curiosity (never liked it). I really miss the DA, as it was such a lovely experience with it and even though it rests right beside me, fully functional, the shape is no longer mine.
After the Imperator fiasco (cable broke) I used the DA for few months until I got the Zowie AM (and my first mech board, still using, Ducky Shine Red).
Saw a red Diamondback 3G on eBay last year and bought it, more for nostalgia because I had an older Diamondback for years and had my best multiplayer games with it (lots of Aliens Versus Predator 2 fragging), but end up using it. Because the cable is bad I went back to the AM more than often enough, until I bought the Zowie FK and CM Storm Recon now, which I'm trying out both now.
Not very economic by my nature to buy two mice same week, but I turn into an enthusiast at the moment, in search for a "perfect" mouse, so I may purchase more gaming mice in the near future.
My humble collection:
Out of these the Diamondback 3G has the best shape, Recon the worst. Zowie got the best cable and Recon the best wheel.Edited by resis - 5/1/13 at 3:21pm