Originally Posted by shilka
No but i talked him into that for the price it was to god to pass up even if it is not modular
Here in denmark there is only 50 kr between the 550 and 650 so the the 650 is better value
50 Danish is 8,32 US$
If he's willing to go with a non-modular PSU, then here are others to consider that should cost even less:
- 520W Antec NEO ECO (does not come with a power cable - just use the one from the previous PSU)
- 520W Antec High Current Gamer Series
- 600W Corsair CX600 V2
- 520W SeaSonic S12II
- 550W XFX Pro "Core Edition"
- Corsair GS600 (the new Bronze Certified version)
- 600W FSP Group AURUM GOLD
- 620W Antec NEO ECO (does not come with a power cable - just use the one from the previous PSU)
- 650W Antec Earthwatts Green (does not come with a power cable)
- 650W XFX Pro "Core Edition"
- 620W SeaSonic S12II
- 620W Antec High Current Gamer
- Corsair TX650 V2
Now, I know that he originally liked the HX650, so if that would still be preferred but at a lower price, then the 650W SeaSonic M12II may be an option. It looks like it's a new PSU because up until I saw this 650W model, the only other M12II in this wattage range was a 620W version.
Really though, if he's willing to consider a non-modular PSU, then he needs to know right now that even the 620W Antec NEO ECO would be an excellent choice. It may look like it's probably a crap PSU, but looks are deceiving here.
If he'd like, I can make a similar list of PSUs that you cannot go wrong with that are modular.