Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › First PC Buid Help
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

First PC Buid Help

post #1 of 33
Thread Starter 
http://postimage.org/image/eejdb3lk1/

Anything i could improve?

I need to tone down the price a bit. 1 000 euro would be good. I need the card reader, the speakers and the sound card.

Note that the prices might not be what you think they are. The website i'll probably be using is www.mindfactory.de, if anyone knows a cheaper website, please tell. I live in Belgium. UK sites tend to be pricey and French sites don't have much choice (even amazon.fr).

Edit: be jelly of my MS Paint skills.
post #2 of 33
get real ram. I would never get anything below 1600mhz, it will only cost you a few $$ more and will be worth it IMO. Other then that, looks like a decent setup, are you just going to wait it out for the 660ti?
Underwater
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3 EVGA 670 FTW Crucial Ballistix 16gb (2 x 8gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 240gb Seagate 3tb None Liquid Fusion 250ml 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Raystorm MCP35x Black Ice SR1 Cougar 120 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Primochill UV green Windows 7 Asus 23" Das Keyboard Ultimate 
PowerCaseAudio
OCZ ZT 750W NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal  ultrasone pro 750 
  hide details  
Reply
Underwater
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3 EVGA 670 FTW Crucial Ballistix 16gb (2 x 8gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 240gb Seagate 3tb None Liquid Fusion 250ml 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Raystorm MCP35x Black Ice SR1 Cougar 120 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Primochill UV green Windows 7 Asus 23" Das Keyboard Ultimate 
PowerCaseAudio
OCZ ZT 750W NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal  ultrasone pro 750 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 33
Here are a few options that I would look into:
Power Supply
Super Flower Gold 650 Watt 80,34
That one is a bit cheaper and is not modular but the power supply itself is better then the HX650 and it has the gold rating for efficiency.
Antec High Current Gamer Modular 620 86,77
Another great power supply. This one does not have the gold rating but is still a fantastic unit. It is also modular and comes in a bit cheaper then the Corsair unit.
XFX Pro Core Edition 74,64
If you are looking to open up a bit of room in your budget then I would go with this one. It is based off of a Seasonic platform and is a great performer. The downside is that it is not modular.

RAM
I would get a 1600 set. They are right around the same price and you will get an increase in performance. Anything past 1600 results in a much less dramatic change in performance:
G.Skill Ripjaw 1600 Cas9 42,66
While you do get the tighter timings with the ones you selected I think you'll be better off with the higher frequency and from there you can look at tightening the timings some. I've always heard that Intel typically does better with a higher frequency while AMD does better with the tighter timings.

Other then that it looks pretty good. I'm willing to bet that those speakers are pretty crappy though. Might want to ask around in the audio section for a nicer 2.0 or 2.1 set up. They will be able to give you much better information in regards to that.
Edited by VW_TDI_02 - 8/2/12 at 6:44am
Blue Steel
(20 items)
 
HTPC
(12 items)
 
Macbook
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 MSI P55-GD80 Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1gb Kingston Hyper X Fury 4x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung F3 1tb Samsung 830 64Gb Western Digital Green 1tb Samsung 850 EVO 500gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On Blu-Ray Player Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Acer S231HLBID 23" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 32" 1080P Razer BlackWidow Rocketfish 900W HAF 912 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G402 Hyperion Steel Series QcK Asus Xonar DG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 Asus P7P55D-E Pro XFX 5570 Corsair XMS3 2x1gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black 640Gb HP DVD1260 Cooler Master GeminII S524 Windows 7 Enterprise x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Vizio 32" 1080 Corsair 650TX Silverstone LC13B-E Droid X2 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo GMA X3100 4GB DDR2 667 MHz 120 GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorCase
MATSHITADVD-R UJ-867 Mac OS X 13 Macbook 
Mouse
Microsoft Arc 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue Steel
(20 items)
 
HTPC
(12 items)
 
Macbook
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 MSI P55-GD80 Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1gb Kingston Hyper X Fury 4x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung F3 1tb Samsung 830 64Gb Western Digital Green 1tb Samsung 850 EVO 500gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On Blu-Ray Player Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Acer S231HLBID 23" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 32" 1080P Razer BlackWidow Rocketfish 900W HAF 912 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G402 Hyperion Steel Series QcK Asus Xonar DG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 Asus P7P55D-E Pro XFX 5570 Corsair XMS3 2x1gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black 640Gb HP DVD1260 Cooler Master GeminII S524 Windows 7 Enterprise x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Vizio 32" 1080 Corsair 650TX Silverstone LC13B-E Droid X2 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo GMA X3100 4GB DDR2 667 MHz 120 GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorCase
MATSHITADVD-R UJ-867 Mac OS X 13 Macbook 
Mouse
Microsoft Arc 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRehab View Post

get real ram. I would never get anything below 1600mhz, it will only cost you a few $$ more and will be worth it IMO. Other then that, looks like a decent setup, are you just going to wait it out for the 660ti?

Yes, why do you ask?
post #5 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_TDI_02 View Post

Here are a few options that I would look into:
Power Supply
Super Flower Gold 650 Watt 80,34
That one is a bit cheaper and is not modular but the power supply itself is better then the HX650 and it has the gold rating for efficiency.
Antec High Current Gamer Modular 620 86,77
Another great power supply. This one does not have the gold rating but is still a fantastic unit. It is also modular and comes in a bit cheaper then the Corsair unit.
XFX Pro Core Edition 74,64
If you are looking to open up a bit of room in your budget then I would go with this one. It is based off of a Seasonic platform and is a great performer. The downside is that it is not modular.
RAM
I would get a 1600 set. They are right around the same price and you will get an increase in performance. Anything past 1600 results in a much less dramatic change in performance:
G.Skill Ripjaw 1600 Cas9 42,66
While you do get the tighter timings with the ones you selected I think you'll be better off with the higher frequency and from there you can look at tightening the timings some. I've always heard that Intel typically does better with a higher frequency while AMD does better with the tighter timings.
Other then that it looks pretty good. I'm willing to bet that those speakers are pretty crappy though. Might want to ask around in the audio section for a nicer 2.0 or 2.1 set up. They will be able to give you much better information in regards to that.

The prices aren't very different.

Yes, i screwed up on the RAM. Going with 1600, definitely.

I've read good reviews on the speakers. I'll ask around though.
post #6 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezz12 
The site will be mindfactory.de
I've started a thread in the Intel motherboard section and they've recommended me the AsRock too. The motherboard is perfect.
Edit: on Newegg it says
2 (x16/0 or x8/x8) on the Asus motherboard
That doesn't support PCIe 3.0 x16 SLI, right? I'm going with a single 660 ti first, if ill need to upgrade, i'll add another one.

Answering this post of yours from your other thread,

16x/16x boards are generally much more expensive than the one's you are looking to get, if you run a single card it'll be at 16x, but if you run on SLI you'll be running on 8x/8x. Bu they all support PCIe 3.0 as Z77 boards are already manufactured to run with that technology.
Black Betty
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz EVGA P55 SLi Palit GTX 670 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Force Series 3 F90 1x Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB  1x Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB  Prolimatech Megahalems 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Asus PA238Q IPS Thermaltake Meka G1 Corsair HX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Coolermaster HAF XB Corsair M60 Roccat Taito Grado SR80i 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Swan D1080Mk11 08 Asus Xonar DG Logitceh Extreme 3D Pro Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Betty
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz EVGA P55 SLi Palit GTX 670 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Force Series 3 F90 1x Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB  1x Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB  Prolimatech Megahalems 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Asus PA238Q IPS Thermaltake Meka G1 Corsair HX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Coolermaster HAF XB Corsair M60 Roccat Taito Grado SR80i 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Swan D1080Mk11 08 Asus Xonar DG Logitceh Extreme 3D Pro Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi304 View Post

Answering this post of yours from your other thread,
16x/16x boards are generally much more expensive than the one's you are looking to get, if you run a single card it'll be at 16x, but if you run on SLI you'll be running on 8x/8x. Bu they all support PCIe 3.0 as Z77 boards are already manufactured to run with that technology.

Also Remember Running 2 Cards at 8 Isnt as crazy of a performance hit as people think it is. I mean Yes will it be different than 16/16 sure , but you have to decide whether dumping our the extra cash is really worth it.
Dell XPS 15
(14 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
I7 2630QM Intell HD 3000/ Nvidia 525 6GB DDR3 750 GB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Bluray Drive LF Cooling Pad  Windows 7 64Bit  15.6 Inch Display 
KeyboardPowerCase
Intergrated 90W Power Adapter Stock Case 
  hide details  
Reply
Dell XPS 15
(14 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
I7 2630QM Intell HD 3000/ Nvidia 525 6GB DDR3 750 GB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Bluray Drive LF Cooling Pad  Windows 7 64Bit  15.6 Inch Display 
KeyboardPowerCase
Intergrated 90W Power Adapter Stock Case 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdebrooke View Post

Also Remember Running 2 Cards at 8 Isnt as crazy of a performance hit as people think it is. I mean Yes will it be different than 16/16 sure , but you have to decide whether dumping our the extra cash is really worth it.

Not to mention the difference is actually very small in most cases. When it comes to just two cards you're only looking at 2-3% difference.
Blue Steel
(20 items)
 
HTPC
(12 items)
 
Macbook
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 MSI P55-GD80 Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1gb Kingston Hyper X Fury 4x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung F3 1tb Samsung 830 64Gb Western Digital Green 1tb Samsung 850 EVO 500gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On Blu-Ray Player Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Acer S231HLBID 23" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 32" 1080P Razer BlackWidow Rocketfish 900W HAF 912 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G402 Hyperion Steel Series QcK Asus Xonar DG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 Asus P7P55D-E Pro XFX 5570 Corsair XMS3 2x1gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black 640Gb HP DVD1260 Cooler Master GeminII S524 Windows 7 Enterprise x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Vizio 32" 1080 Corsair 650TX Silverstone LC13B-E Droid X2 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo GMA X3100 4GB DDR2 667 MHz 120 GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorCase
MATSHITADVD-R UJ-867 Mac OS X 13 Macbook 
Mouse
Microsoft Arc 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue Steel
(20 items)
 
HTPC
(12 items)
 
Macbook
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 MSI P55-GD80 Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1gb Kingston Hyper X Fury 4x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung F3 1tb Samsung 830 64Gb Western Digital Green 1tb Samsung 850 EVO 500gb 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Lite-On Blu-Ray Player Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Acer S231HLBID 23" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Vizio 32" 1080P Razer BlackWidow Rocketfish 900W HAF 912 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G402 Hyperion Steel Series QcK Asus Xonar DG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 Asus P7P55D-E Pro XFX 5570 Corsair XMS3 2x1gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black 640Gb HP DVD1260 Cooler Master GeminII S524 Windows 7 Enterprise x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Vizio 32" 1080 Corsair 650TX Silverstone LC13B-E Droid X2 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo GMA X3100 4GB DDR2 667 MHz 120 GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorCase
MATSHITADVD-R UJ-867 Mac OS X 13 Macbook 
Mouse
Microsoft Arc 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 33
^Ah yes, that too.
Black Betty
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz EVGA P55 SLi Palit GTX 670 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Force Series 3 F90 1x Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB  1x Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB  Prolimatech Megahalems 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Asus PA238Q IPS Thermaltake Meka G1 Corsair HX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Coolermaster HAF XB Corsair M60 Roccat Taito Grado SR80i 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Swan D1080Mk11 08 Asus Xonar DG Logitceh Extreme 3D Pro Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Betty
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-760 @ 3.6Ghz EVGA P55 SLi Palit GTX 670 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Force Series 3 F90 1x Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB  1x Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB  Prolimatech Megahalems 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Asus PA238Q IPS Thermaltake Meka G1 Corsair HX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Coolermaster HAF XB Corsair M60 Roccat Taito Grado SR80i 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Swan D1080Mk11 08 Asus Xonar DG Logitceh Extreme 3D Pro Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_TDI_02 View Post

Not to mention the difference is actually very small in most cases. When it comes to just two cards you're only looking at 2-3% difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi304 View Post

^Ah yes, that too.

Glad to see some people are still understanding of this , and not HUR DUR you need X16 On both.

Hell even with SLI and CF , the performance hit is enough in some cases to just warrant a new GPU. But thats something else
Dell XPS 15
(14 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
I7 2630QM Intell HD 3000/ Nvidia 525 6GB DDR3 750 GB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Bluray Drive LF Cooling Pad  Windows 7 64Bit  15.6 Inch Display 
KeyboardPowerCase
Intergrated 90W Power Adapter Stock Case 
  hide details  
Reply
Dell XPS 15
(14 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
I7 2630QM Intell HD 3000/ Nvidia 525 6GB DDR3 750 GB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Bluray Drive LF Cooling Pad  Windows 7 64Bit  15.6 Inch Display 
KeyboardPowerCase
Intergrated 90W Power Adapter Stock Case 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › First PC Buid Help