Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 600 Series Unlocked Voltage Bios' downloads and tools.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GTX 600 Series Unlocked Voltage Bios' downloads and tools. - Page 281

post #2801 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRandomize View Post

It makes perfect sense, but my benchmarks heavily disagrees with that point. Running at 1346mhz consistently gives better results than running 1359 and throttleing to 1346. Often it is not only the clock that is throttled, but also the voltage (atleast in my case, i use a multimeter for voltage readings, the voltage fluctuates a lot, as soon as my card starts to throttle, i wish i had 50 different 670s/680s so i had real evidence in my claims). My advice is, that if you can avoid throttleing, do so.

Oh ok, understood. If I can stay below 70C, then higher clocks will surely produce higher benchmark scores than lower clocks?
post #2802 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Oh ok, understood. If I can stay below 70C, then higher clocks will surely produce higher benchmark scores than lower clocks?

Pretty much, i find that throttleing as a greater impact on performance, than the difference in clock speed. However, as stated above, i only have 1 card to experiment with (i know every little detail about this card at this point, god knows how many benchmarks i have ran).
post #2803 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRandomize View Post

Pretty much, i find that throttleing as a greater impact on performance, than the difference in clock speed. However, as stated above, i only have 1 card to experiment with (i know every little detail about this card at this point, god knows how many benchmarks i have ran).

Thanks for the info.
post #2804 of 7931
hey guys, i got a new Problem..

while benching 3D11, i saw that the maximum Boost Clock is about 1150 :/ The strange thing is, when i activate Vsync or the Frame Limiter, i get the full 1270 Mhz at every Graphics Test. in the Driver options i turned everything to "Maxium Power" and so on. Anyone knows whats going on?
post #2805 of 7931
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobtuber View Post

hey guys, i got a new Problem..

while benching 3D11, i saw that the maximum Boost Clock is about 1150 :/ The strange thing is, when i activate Vsync or the Frame Limiter, i get the full 1270 Mhz at every Graphics Test. in the Driver options i turned everything to "Maxium Power" and so on. Anyone knows whats going on?
That is very weird? Try a fresh install of the drivers.
Chuggin' along
(16 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K@4.6GHz MAXIMUS V GENE GTX 970 STRIX@1475/8212 8gb G skill Sniper 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda 1TB OCZ Agility 3 Intel 120gb 520 H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 Pro BenQ XL2420T +2 Samsung s24d590pl  Corsair K90 OCZ ZX 850w 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 500R R.A.T. 7 Sennheiser HD 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 4700 GTX 860m 12GB 120gb SSD 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMouse
1 TB  Windows 8.1 17' 1080p RAT 7 
AudioAudio
Bose quiet comfort 15 sennheiser hd 518  
  hide details  
Reply
Chuggin' along
(16 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K@4.6GHz MAXIMUS V GENE GTX 970 STRIX@1475/8212 8gb G skill Sniper 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda 1TB OCZ Agility 3 Intel 120gb 520 H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 Pro BenQ XL2420T +2 Samsung s24d590pl  Corsair K90 OCZ ZX 850w 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 500R R.A.T. 7 Sennheiser HD 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 4700 GTX 860m 12GB 120gb SSD 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMouse
1 TB  Windows 8.1 17' 1080p RAT 7 
AudioAudio
Bose quiet comfort 15 sennheiser hd 518  
  hide details  
Reply
post #2806 of 7931
hey again guys.. So.. i tried to play with the OC.. Ive got a small problem tho..

I get lower Points on 3dmark..

My old score is around 10.5k

Now i cant even reach 10k xD.. even with the same clock i had oO
post #2807 of 7931
hi

there is a asus 670 dc2 and gb 670 dual bios in.can someone build me this settings in?

asus: turbo 1228

gb: fan 28% idle,turbo 1228

i`ve tried the kgb,but there comes the unlock voltagetable any time while i`ve change it to default.i don`t want any unlock voltage table.i like the default!

thanks!

Fred.zip 112k .zip file
Edited by Fred112 - 1/14/13 at 9:44am
post #2808 of 7931
Hi,

I'm trying to flash my GPU BIOS and have problems with KGB reporting an error (Bad Checksum, see pic below) and would like some help please.



My GPU is an Gigabyte GeForce GTX 680 2GB (GV-N680D5-2GD-B) and the BIOS dump are attached below.

GK104.zip 56k .zip file .

Could someone also please explain how V3DT online bios editor works and what settings to choose?
Edited by MadFox - 1/14/13 at 11:02am
post #2809 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadFox View Post

Hi,

I'm trying to flash my GPU BIOS and have problems with KGB reporting an error (Bad Checksum, see pic below) and would like some help please.



My GPU is an Gigabyte GeForce GTX 680 2GB (GV-N680D5-2GD-B) and the BIOS dump are attached below.

GK104.zip 56k .zip file .

Could someone also please explain how V3DT online bios editor works and what settings to choose?

Thats a weird error :S works fine to me. You should probably run the CMD prompt from the location in which KGB and the rom file is stored (put everything in one folder, and do: "cd C:\path\to\folder"

V3DT is pretty simple, just select your BIOS and press next all the way. You can pretty much leave anything at default.

I took the liberty to unlock your bios for you:
GK1042.zip 56k .zip file
post #2810 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRandomize View Post

Thats a weird error :S works fine to me. You should probably run the CMD prompt from the location in which KGB and the rom file is stored (put everything in one folder, and do: "cd C:\path\to\folder"
That is exactly what I have done, also tried 'Shift' + right click.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRandomize View Post

V3DT is pretty simple, just select your BIOS and press next all the way. You can pretty much leave anything at default.
What i wonder is what wil happen if I change these parameters.

* Max Boost Clock - My card boosts up to 1110MHz without OC, what happens if I change this value?
* Default Power Target - Is it in % or voltage? What happens if I increase or decrease this value?
* Max Power Target - Same question as above
* Voltage Table 1 - Please explain this and the one below
* Voltage Table 2 - Same question as above

Can I go below 30% for Min Fan Speed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRandomize View Post

I took the liberty to unlock your bios for you:
GK1042.zip 56k .zip file
Thank you! smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 600 Series Unlocked Voltage Bios' downloads and tools.