Here you go
vampirek25.zip 111k .zip file
In the future, it is really simple to mod your own BIOS, i tend to use KGB, it is faster for you, and easier for me
To use KGB, you need to unpack the two KGB files (kgb.exe and kgb.cfg) to the same folder, as the BIOS you want to modify, in this case, i just unpacked to the desktop
Shift+right clicking anywhere in the folder (in this case, on the desktop), will bring up the option to "Open command window here"
Pressing it will bring up the command prompt, in this prompt you type in: "kgb X.rom", replacing X with the name of your rom (in this case, the rom was named X). This will show you the current settings of the BIOS. The settings of this bios was:
- Fan speed ranging from 20% to 100%
- Max power target of 150%
- Max boost of 1202.0mhz
- A voltage set to 1.2125v (this voltage is actually to high, it should never be set above 1.1875, see next step)
Next step will be to configure KGB, to use the settings you would like for your BIOS, you do this by opening kgb.cfg in notepad (generally speaking, the default settings will fit most needs), the settings available are::
- Fan_Min and Fan_Max sets the fan speed range, this is set to 20-100% as seen in the above picture. Generally i recommend 30-100%, unless you are sure 20% will sufficiently cool your GPU while idleing.
- Max_Power_Target is pretty self-explanitory. This dictates how high you can move the power slider. 150% seems to be a popular value, som people go upwards of 200%.
- Max_Boost_Freq is the maximum frequency, the GPU will boost to, without software overclocking. In this case i wanted to change this value to 1228.5, 1229 works and will be rounded down to a valid value. This setting can be set to whatever you want, the software will make sure you don't mess it up (setting it to high will require you to underclock using AB og PrecisionX).
- The next setting is the Voltage. There are 6 valid settings for this. If you do not want to overvolt your GPU, use 1150000. There is no benefit from using a higher voltage than 1187500, this will only result in more wear on the GPU. The GPU itself will boost the voltage two steps (eg. from 1187500 to 1212500). In this example, the setting is actually wrong, and should be lowered.
BACKUP YOUR BIOS BEFORE THIS STEP, THIS STEP WILL REPLACE YOUR BIOS FILE!
Once you are satisfied with your settings, save and close kgb.cfg, and return to the command prompt. This time use the command: "kgb X.rom unloxk", the following should output in the prompt, confirming the values you defined in kgb.cfg has actually been properly set, verify this before flashing:
Edited by iRandomize - 2/5/13 at 1:32am