Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 600 Series Unlocked Voltage Bios' downloads and tools.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GTX 600 Series Unlocked Voltage Bios' downloads and tools. - Page 315

post #3141 of 7931
iRandomize....

"•The next setting is the Voltage. There are 6 valid settings for this. If you do not want to overvolt your GPU, use 1150000. There is no benefit from using a higher voltage than 1187500, this will only result in more wear on the GPU. The GPU itself will boost the voltage two steps (eg. from 1187500 to 1212500). In this example, the setting is actually wrong, and should be lowered."

so if i set my voltage to 1.187 it will boost to 1.212500 ?!?


Vamp
post #3142 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTHMfreak View Post

How do we figure out our power target limit?

I am not sure what you mean? The Power Target is how much power the card is allowed to draw. On stock cards 100% Power equals (about) 175 watt, the power limit you set is how much more (eg. 150% equals 175*1.5=262.5watt). Some cards have different settings. This can all be customized using various bits of software. Generally speaking, upping the maximum power limit to 150% will give you plenty of headroom, to not worry too much about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

You mean if we set our card's BIOS to 1.1875, it will still boost to 1.2125? What's the use of setting it to 1.1875 then? Sorry, noob here.

Yes it will.
I suppose you mean "1.2125". Setting this voltage, will result in the GPU being stuck at a higher voltage, and not fluctuate. Some people claim that this actually worsens performance (i however, did not see this).
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampirek25 View Post

iRandomize....

"•The next setting is the Voltage. There are 6 valid settings for this. If you do not want to overvolt your GPU, use 1150000. There is no benefit from using a higher voltage than 1187500, this will only result in more wear on the GPU. The GPU itself will boost the voltage two steps (eg. from 1187500 to 1212500). In this example, the setting is actually wrong, and should be lowered."

so if i set my voltage to 1.187 it will boost to 1.212500 ?!?


Vamp

It will indeed. Some people even claim, that setting 1.2125 in the BIOS will cause it to downvolt, however, i have not experienced this myself.
post #3143 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRandomize View Post

I am not sure what you mean? The Power Target is how much power the card is allowed to draw. On stock cards 100% Power equals (about) 175 watt, the power limit you set is how much more (eg. 150% equals 175*1.5=262.5watt). Some cards have different settings. This can all be customized using various bits of software. Generally speaking, upping the maximum power limit to 150% will give you plenty of headroom, to not worry too much about it.
Yes it will.
I suppose you mean "1.2125". Setting this voltage, will result in the GPU being stuck at a higher voltage, and not fluctuate. Some people claim that this actually worsens performance (i however, did not see this).
It will indeed. Some people even claim, that setting 1.2125 in the BIOS will cause it to downvolt, however, i have not experienced this myself.

Oh ok. What do you mean being stuck at a higher voltage when it is set to 1.2125? You mean I lose the ability for it to stay at 1.1875 when it does not need the overvolt (1.2125)?
post #3144 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Oh ok. What do you mean being stuck at a higher voltage when it is set to 1.2125? You mean I lose the ability for it to stay at 1.1875 when it does not need the overvolt (1.2125)?

Yes
post #3145 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRandomize View Post

Yes

Is 1.1875 the most commonly used voltage though? For high loads, it will still boost to 1.2125 and that would be the max?

So the GPU is "smart" to boost to 1.2125 when it "needs to"?
post #3146 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Is 1.1875 the most commonly used voltage though? For high loads, it will still boost to 1.2125 and that would be the max?

So the GPU is "smart" to boost to 1.2125 when it "needs to"?

It is the most common BIOS setting, for overvolting. When you are stressing the GPU you are more or less always running on the max voltage. Yes, the GPU is "smart".
post #3147 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRandomize View Post

It is the most common BIOS setting, for overvolting. When you are stressing the GPU you are more or less always running on the max voltage. Yes, the GPU is "smart".

Ok then. Regarding the software for chaging VBIOS parameters, is KGB the best?
post #3148 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomi View Post

Hmmmm, I wonder if I can make a custom BIOS with max power target of 150% on my QUAD 680 classifieds - They all have EVBOT ports (And I have the EVBOT running on them) but are severely limited by the power target (130%).

You can. If the cards are all the same, just upload one BIOS and someone (I) will mod it for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Ok then. Regarding the software for chaging VBIOS parameters, is KGB the best?

They are all the same. V3DT allows more settings, but i trust KGB more, it has all the settings i need and it's faster, along with outputting all the information it used/changed.
Edited by iRandomize - 2/5/13 at 10:14am
post #3149 of 7931
All I know is when I set 1.2125 in my KGB config and then flashed my 2 cards, I would get crashes almost immediately in Heaven. When I set 1.1875, the cards get through Heaven just fine and I see 110-112% power usage of the card and it volts to 1.2125. When at stock 1.1500, the cards won't volt more than that and I see about 104-105% max power usage.
post #3150 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattisyahu View Post

All I know is when I set 1.2125 in my KGB config and then flashed my 2 cards, I would get crashes almost immediately in Heaven. When I set 1.1875, the cards get through Heaven just fine and I see 110-112% power usage of the card and it volts to 1.2125. When at stock 1.1500, the cards won't volt more than that and I see about 104-105% max power usage.

I thought the stock was 1.1750? I haven't flashed my card yet but 1.1750 is the max voltage I see in GPUZ while running heaven.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 600 Series Unlocked Voltage Bios' downloads and tools.