Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 600 Series Unlocked Voltage Bios' downloads and tools.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GTX 600 Series Unlocked Voltage Bios' downloads and tools. - Page 541

post #5401 of 7931
got my 680 running at 1267 / 7111
Only problem I see is that when I apply any settings from GPU tweak it somehow downclocks the card to default values...

Tried 1280 but it crashes after a few minutes, guess it needs more voltage smile.gif

So i just used Kepler Bios Tweaker.
Here´s what I have done so far and I would like you experienced guys to say something if I can change...

Edited by windsurfdoctor - 5/12/13 at 12:40pm
post #5402 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfdoctor View Post

got my 680 running at 1267 / 7111
Only problem I see is that when I apply any settings from GPU tweak it somehow downclocks the card to default values...

Tried 1280 but it crashes after a few minutes, guess it needs more voltage smile.gif

So i just used Kepler Bios Tweaker.
Here´s what I have done so far and I would like you experienced guys to say something if I can change...
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfdoctor View Post

got my 680 running at 1267 / 7111
Only problem I see is that when I apply any settings from GPU tweak it somehow downclocks the card to default values...

Tried 1280 but it crashes after a few minutes, guess it needs more voltage smile.gif

So i just used Kepler Bios Tweaker.
Here´s what I have done so far and I would like you experienced guys to say something if I can change...


Sweet are you Pushing any Memory when Overclocked at 1280 when it downclocks?? & What you did on the Kepler bios Tweaker everything looks good did you get more Overclock since you put Boost limit at 1267?? pretty sure you will prob get up there 1280 if Lucky!! if it keeps downclocking which its not stable which sucks lol

Good luck thumb.gif
post #5403 of 7931
haha Thanks man ! smile.gif
No, I think memory was at default when it crashed.
I will try again now. I use BF3 as a stability test... I´m fine with 1250/7000 but if I could reach 1280/6500 it would be just to know it can be done smile.gif

You got any suggestions considering power settings, those 3 values: 150000/200000... etc ?
post #5404 of 7931
I have question, why did you start with voltage maxed out in the two top sliders ?
Did you try first 1.187 in them, that should boost to 1.212 or you have it cause you are limiting boost amount, i see you have boost value just under max boost value .

Those power management are way high , I think 680 can only handle 250w . 500w is 2x of what it can do .Did you also change the right side ones, you have 350w , I think stock is max 250w
desktop
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k Asus PZ77 v-Pro MSI 970 Gaming 4G Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Black WD5002AALX 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache ... Samsung 850evo 500GB SATA 6.0Gb/s CM Hyper 212evo Win7 64bit Pro SP1 
PowerCase
Corsair TX650 V2 650W Corsair 500R 
  hide details  
Reply
desktop
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k Asus PZ77 v-Pro MSI 970 Gaming 4G Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Black WD5002AALX 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache ... Samsung 850evo 500GB SATA 6.0Gb/s CM Hyper 212evo Win7 64bit Pro SP1 
PowerCase
Corsair TX650 V2 650W Corsair 500R 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5405 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by General123 View Post

2nd lowest clocking FTW I've heard of. The other one was at 1223.
really that sucks cuh mine is way lower my ftw won't go over 1176 and heaven at 1176 its squeling coils like crazzy should I rma it and if I do how long would that take cuh if I take it it out my loop equals no pc
~Shadow~ V3.0
(20 items)
 
Night Hawk
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6960x Rampage V Extreme Black Edition Undecided x3 Undecided 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Undecided Undecided EK Sumprecey EVO EK Sumprecey EVO 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Undecided Undecided Windows 10 Undecided 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Wltimate  EVGA G2 1600w Case Labs STH10 Razer Deathadder (2013)(Modded with Blue LEDs) 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Goliath  Razer Electra, Corsair Vengeance 2000, Kingston... EK Vardars 140mm razer nostromos  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Evga Micro 2 X99 EVGA Superclocked + 980ti Gskill Ripjaws V 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
Up in the AIR Up in the air still.  Windows 10 XFX 850 W pro.  
Case
Hex Gear R40 
  hide details  
Reply
~Shadow~ V3.0
(20 items)
 
Night Hawk
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6960x Rampage V Extreme Black Edition Undecided x3 Undecided 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Undecided Undecided EK Sumprecey EVO EK Sumprecey EVO 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Undecided Undecided Windows 10 Undecided 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Wltimate  EVGA G2 1600w Case Labs STH10 Razer Deathadder (2013)(Modded with Blue LEDs) 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Razer Goliath  Razer Electra, Corsair Vengeance 2000, Kingston... EK Vardars 140mm razer nostromos  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Evga Micro 2 X99 EVGA Superclocked + 980ti Gskill Ripjaws V 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
Up in the AIR Up in the air still.  Windows 10 XFX 850 W pro.  
Case
Hex Gear R40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5406 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edkiefer View Post

I have question, why did you start with voltage maxed out in the two top sliders ?
Did you try first 1.187 in them, that should boost to 1.212 or you have it cause you are limiting boost amount, i see you have boost value just under max boost value .

Those power management are way high , I think 680 can only handle 250w . 500w is 2x of what it can do .Did you also change the right side ones, you have 350w , I think stock is max 250w

I set the voltage to 1.21 because I don´t understand what is the difference between first and second slider and I saw other people set both of them to the max and I wanted to have a extra room if I can overclock further with gpu tweak in windows.
Power settings were too high, I set them way lower the moment I realised they are that high, thanks for the notice smile.gif

The reason my Max Boost and Boost are so close it that no matter what boost freq. I set the card always clocks to max boost and that makes a confusion once I start overclocking with some programs like gpu-tweak.

Thank you, that is a kind of answer I like !thumb.gif
post #5407 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edkiefer View Post

Those power management are way high , I think 680 can only handle 250w . 500w is 2x of what it can do .Did you also change the right side ones, you have 350w , I think stock is max 250w

It doesn't really matter what you set in there - the card is only going to draw what it actually needs (it's a power limiter, not a power enabler) and there is a hardware limit anyway.  Even if you put 1000W it's still only going to draw to what it needs or the hardware limit, whichever is lower.

post #5408 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfdoctor View Post

I set the voltage to 1.21 because I don´t understand what is the difference between first and second slider and I saw other people set both of them to the max and I wanted to have a extra room if I can overclock further with gpu tweak in windows.
Power settings were too high, I set them way lower the moment I realised they are that high, thanks for the notice smile.gif

The reason my Max Boost and Boost are so close it that no matter what boost freq. I set the card always clocks to max boost and that makes a confusion once I start overclocking with some programs like gpu-tweak.

Thank you, that is a kind of answer I like !thumb.gif

The voltage should always be set to 1.1875, only if 1.1875 is unstable (which it most likely will not be), can you start playing with higher voltages. using 1.2125 only increases temperatures and wear.
post #5409 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRandomize View Post

The voltage should always be set to 1.1875, only if 1.1875 is unstable (which it most likely will not be), can you start playing with higher voltages. using 1.2125 only increases temperatures and wear.

PM'd you about something.
post #5410 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceman View Post

It doesn't really matter what you set in there - the card is only going to draw what it actually needs (it's a power limiter, not a power enabler) and there is a hardware limit anyway.  Even if you put 1000W it's still only going to draw to what it needs or the hardware limit, whichever is lower.
Yes, but when you set the default 100% one so high , I think what will happen in AB is you get reports of throttling (when ever it would) be at a very low point and then you have to figure whats up .

Just saying I think it will only confuse things and not help at all .Also remember he edited both sides left and right sides in KBT .
here what creator of KBT says on power management (this is Google translated)
http://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/overclocking-grafikkarten/264782-nvidia-kepler-bios-tweaker-v1-24-fuer-gtx-6xx-reihe-680-670-660-650-a-4.html

""Power Control

Here you can change the Power Target the map. The values ??are given in the BIOS in mW. With the buttons you can change analogous to having to manually type the values ??in 1W increments, that is 1000 mW. On the left side are the actual power target values ??that can be adjusted in the tools then, on the right are the values ??for the protection function registered. So drop Default and maximum out later. Putting the PT higher, so it can not hurt, right at the default value of the maximum left and specify the maximum for a somewhat higher value. But one has to exercise caution - the card or PCB should also be able to cope Power Target values ??- setting it too high, then this may scrap the card!

When reference design of the GTX 680 and GTX 670 is recommended not to set the maximum PT over 225W, but rather then the value for 100% of something to lift!
Especially in the smaller models like the GTX 650 or GTX 660 should not overdo it with the Power Target values. The default values ??have a meaning so already, just because the PCB is not designed for much more - should raise to 10 to 15W actually still run fine, but more, I would not recommend here.

Example: 200W => 200000mW

http://www.abload.de/img/8pguyk.png

Here are a new set 200W default value for 100% Power Target, the former as a 132% set 225W maximum PT accordingly are now only 112%.

Very good solution is that the% values ??are always the same with just!

PS values ??from 600W (600000mW) are too high as Max Power Target, why can not the LN2 BIOS of MSI GTX 680 Lightning (900W Max PT) can be read!""

It probably doesn't matter much but I would also pick clock and boost values that are in boost table .

Windsufdoctor; as other point out first set the two top sliders to 1.187v , it should boost to 1.212v under full load .
Edited by Edkiefer - 5/13/13 at 7:06am
desktop
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k Asus PZ77 v-Pro MSI 970 Gaming 4G Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Black WD5002AALX 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache ... Samsung 850evo 500GB SATA 6.0Gb/s CM Hyper 212evo Win7 64bit Pro SP1 
PowerCase
Corsair TX650 V2 650W Corsair 500R 
  hide details  
Reply
desktop
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k Asus PZ77 v-Pro MSI 970 Gaming 4G Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Black WD5002AALX 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache ... Samsung 850evo 500GB SATA 6.0Gb/s CM Hyper 212evo Win7 64bit Pro SP1 
PowerCase
Corsair TX650 V2 650W Corsair 500R 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 600 Series Unlocked Voltage Bios' downloads and tools.