Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 600 Series Unlocked Voltage Bios' downloads and tools.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GTX 600 Series Unlocked Voltage Bios' downloads and tools. - Page 543

post #5421 of 7933
Quote:
Originally Posted by YounGMessiah View Post

I think it does, but honestly I dont feel like reading through NVidias terms..  If you keep a copy of your original you could always flash it back, just in case.

Anyways I modified your fan speed range from 30-100 now, max power target is up to 140% and voltage is set to the highest which is 1.2125V
I left your boost the same for now, since you did not mention wanting that higher.

GK104.zip 55k .zip file

It's 6.30am here now in my country so I gotta go to work for now. I would test this when I get back. Thanks so much smile.gif
Is it safe to set power target to 140% though? I read that a GTX 680 has a maximum TDP of 225W and 140% power target has 238W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forceman View Post

Most likely yes (if you RMAd it with the modded BIOS on it), but unless the card is completely dead you can flash the original BIOS back before you RMA it, and if the card is completely dead it probably doesn't matter anyway.

I'll keep that in mind, noted with thanks smile.gif
post #5422 of 7933
Quote:

Originally posted by kaneandtaker

 

Is it safe to set power target to 140% though? I read that a GTX 680 has a maximum TDP of 225W and 140% power target has 238W

It's safe.  The card is still only going to draw what it needs (up to the hardware limit) - all increasing the power limit does is keep the card from throttling for power.

post #5423 of 7933
I have 2 x Gigabyte windforce OC 670's in SLI but I am only getting a boost clock speed of 1150-1200 MHz. Can anyone please create a BIOS file that allows me to overclock my cards to the max? I am using gigabyte's latest F5 and F13 BIOS on my cards. Thanks!
post #5424 of 7933
If I followed these steps I would be fine right if I want to flash BIOS in windows?
Quote:
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2133/NVFlash_5.118_for_Windows.html
Download that and extract it into a folder, in that folder also make sure you have your modded bios, for reference I will be calling it "X.rom" you can rename it to that to keep this more simple..

Shift+ Right click in the folder and click "open command window in here" then type the following commands in order.

Nvflash --protectoff

Nvflash -4 -5 -6 X.rom

That should be all it should go as planned and reboot and you should be modded.


Instead of Nvflash -4 -5 -6 X.rom, I'll need to do the following for my SLI setup:

Quote:
For GPU1: nvflash --index=0 -4 -5 -6 X.rom

For GPU2: nvflash --index=1 -4 -5 -6 X.rom
post #5425 of 7933
One question, how "safe" is this?
Flashing, will it brick the card? (obviously if done wrong)

Can I use the Gigabyte 680 OC bios for my card? Or does the Bios not matter in any way other than its changes?

My card cant run 1200 core now, would a bios with 1202 core change this? Or will it just crash continously?
post #5426 of 7933
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzta09 View Post

One question, how "safe" is this?
Flashing, will it brick the card? (obviously if done wrong)

Can I use the Gigabyte 680 OC bios for my card? Or does the Bios not matter in any way other than its changes?

My card cant run 1200 core now, would a bios with 1202 core change this? Or will it just crash continously?
No, it won't "brick" it, bricking is when the card is done and can not be saved, there is basically nothing you can do to brick it that I can think of through NVflash. What can your card run? It depends if the 1202 is within the limit of what you should gain, if it is, you should be just fine.
Chuggin' along
(16 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K@4.6GHz MAXIMUS V GENE GTX 970 STRIX@1475/8212 8gb G skill Sniper 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda 1TB OCZ Agility 3 Intel 120gb 520 H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 Pro BenQ XL2420T +2 Samsung s24d590pl  Corsair K90 OCZ ZX 850w 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 500R R.A.T. 7 Sennheiser HD 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 4700 GTX 860m 12GB 120gb SSD 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMouse
1 TB  Windows 8.1 17' 1080p RAT 7 
AudioAudio
Bose quiet comfort 15 sennheiser hd 518  
  hide details  
Reply
Chuggin' along
(16 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K@4.6GHz MAXIMUS V GENE GTX 970 STRIX@1475/8212 8gb G skill Sniper 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda 1TB OCZ Agility 3 Intel 120gb 520 H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 Pro BenQ XL2420T +2 Samsung s24d590pl  Corsair K90 OCZ ZX 850w 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 500R R.A.T. 7 Sennheiser HD 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 4700 GTX 860m 12GB 120gb SSD 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMouse
1 TB  Windows 8.1 17' 1080p RAT 7 
AudioAudio
Bose quiet comfort 15 sennheiser hd 518  
  hide details  
Reply
post #5427 of 7933
Ok flashed card with KGB modded bios (the default kgb settings)

Boost is all over the place during Valley benchmark lol, 1050 something to 1202 and never settles redface.gif

Temp is 60c.
Edited by hamzta09 - 5/15/13 at 9:29pm
post #5428 of 7933
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamzta09 View Post

Ok flashed card with KGB modded bios (the default kgb settings)

Boost is all over the place during Valley benchmark lol, 1050 something to 1202 and never settles redface.gif

Temp is 60c.

Would you like to share with me on how did you flash your BIOS? I'm very afraid that I would do something wrong I wanna be sure.
post #5429 of 7933

The topic linked for KGB has instructions

post #5430 of 7933
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneandtaker View Post

Would you like to share with me on how did you flash your BIOS? I'm very afraid that I would do something wrong I wanna be sure.

Just do as it says in the KGB thread.
Very simple.

Then follow this:
Quote:
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2133/NVFlash_5.118_for_Windows.html
Download that and extract it into a folder, in that folder also make sure you have your modded bios, for reference I will be calling it "X.rom" you can rename it to that to keep this more simple..

Shift+ Right click in the folder and click "open command window in here" then type the following commands in order.

Nvflash --protectoff

Nvflash -4 -5 -6 X.rom

That should be all it should go as planned and reboot and you should be modded.



Anyway to see voltage on the GPU?
I get lower fps now than I did on stock bios, 2fps lower in metro benchmark. And thats with a 100mhz increase on the core, 1097 (old) vs 1202 (new)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 600 Series Unlocked Voltage Bios' downloads and tools.