Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 600 Series Unlocked Voltage Bios' downloads and tools.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GTX 600 Series Unlocked Voltage Bios' downloads and tools. - Page 614

post #6131 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider85 View Post

to have a more stable overclock.

instead of having 1100mhz base clock and boost clock up to 1300mhz depending on temps, why don't you just turn of boost and set your base clock to 1300mhz regardless of temps?

Makes sense but in that mode will it still downclock when GPU load is minimal? Or will it stay at 1300MHz regardless of GPU usage as well?
post #6132 of 7931




GPU in action, notice the temps rising up to 94C while the core clock and memory clock stayed the same:

post #6133 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Makes sense but in that mode will it still downclock when GPU load is minimal? Or will it stay at 1300MHz regardless of GPU usage as well?

yes it will still downclock if the load is minimal.
post #6134 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider85 View Post

GPU in action, notice the temps rising up to 94C while the core clock and memory clock stayed the same:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider85 View Post

yes it will still downclock if the load is minimal.

Oh ok. I noticed that your max value in the BOOST TABLE tab is not the same as the clock (1202) in the COMMON tab. Did you purposely do this? And why?

Also, I thought the only voltages that we need to increase are the Max Voltage #1 and Max Voltage #2? Why was your P00 voltage the same as the first two?
post #6135 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider85 View Post

GPU in action, notice the temps rising up to 94C while the core clock and memory clock stayed the same:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider85 View Post

yes it will still downclock if the load is minimal.

Oh ok. I noticed that your max value in the BOOST TABLE tab is not the same as the clock (1202) in the COMMON tab. Did you purposely do this? And why?

Also, I thought the only voltages that we need to increase are the Max Voltage #1 and Max Voltage #2? Why was your P00 voltage the same as the first two?

I am not sure if the boost table has to be the same but he has a video showing it so I guess the boost table needs to be the same or higher.

For the voltages, it only unlocks those numbers but the P00 state actually will put the voltage on the said unlocked values

Gonna try and figure out why my top card cannot hold clock stability when the bios is flashed.. maybe the stock forsa bios is dodgy and I may need to use a stock bios from say.. evga?
Nexus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Gigabyte Z87 G1 Sniper M5  2x Zotac 980Ti (Reference Design) Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 4x4Gb (16Gb)... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M550 256Gb Corsair Force GT 240Gb Seagate 3TB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Swiftec H220X w/ GT-AP15  Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Samsung 32EH5000 32" HD Direct lit LED TV Ducky Shine 3 [Cherry MX Blue , White LED] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster V1000 Corsair 350D Logitech G603 Puretrack Talent 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Digital Speaker 
  hide details  
Reply
Nexus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Gigabyte Z87 G1 Sniper M5  2x Zotac 980Ti (Reference Design) Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 4x4Gb (16Gb)... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M550 256Gb Corsair Force GT 240Gb Seagate 3TB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Swiftec H220X w/ GT-AP15  Windows 8.1 Pro x64 Samsung 32EH5000 32" HD Direct lit LED TV Ducky Shine 3 [Cherry MX Blue , White LED] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Coolermaster V1000 Corsair 350D Logitech G603 Puretrack Talent 
Audio
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Digital Speaker 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6136 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlZ View Post

I am not sure if the boost table has to be the same but he has a video showing it so I guess the boost table needs to be the same or higher.

For the voltages, it only unlocks those numbers but the P00 state actually will put the voltage on the said unlocked values

Gonna try and figure out why my top card cannot hold clock stability when the bios is flashed.. maybe the stock forsa bios is dodgy and I may need to use a stock bios from say.. evga?

Well, why don;t we just set the clocks higher in the COMMON tab then? The BOOST TABLE tab will follow anyway.

I don't get it, when I set the first two values I did get 1.212V anyway. Can you please explain what does the P00 voltage signify?
post #6137 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Well, why don;t we just set the clocks higher in the COMMON tab then? The BOOST TABLE tab will follow anyway.

I don't get it, when I set the first two values I did get 1.212V anyway. Can you please explain what does the P00 voltage signify?

the first two voltage sliders will unlock the voltage to that value but doesn't mean that your GPU will actually set your voltage to that value, the third slider will actually your GPU set it to that voltage.

there is a bug/glitch that if you put the first two voltage sliders to the maximum value, it will force your GPU to actually use that no matter what the third voltage slider is set at to.
post #6138 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider85 View Post

the first two voltage sliders will unlock the voltage to that value but doesn't mean that your GPU will actually set your voltage to that value, the third slider will actually your GPU set it to that voltage.

there is a bug/glitch that if you put the first two voltage sliders to the maximum value, it will force your GPU to actually use that no matter what the third voltage slider is set at to.

Oh ok. So in essence, it would be just better to set the first three voltages to what you want and get the same effect?

What about regarding the difference between the clocks set in the COMMON tab and BOOST TABLE tab? What is the difference?
post #6139 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Oh ok. So in essence, it would be just better to set the first three voltages to what you want and get the same effect?

What about regarding the difference between the clocks set in the COMMON tab and BOOST TABLE tab? What is the difference?

the boost table is the last thing you should touch, you have to test your gpu first, then bump it a few notches if your card still downclocks.
in my observation, my card wants slot number 36 value to be the same as my baseclock. you kinda have to play with the boost table a little.
post #6140 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider85 View Post

the boost table is the last thing you should touch, you have to test your gpu first, then bump it a few notches if your card still downclocks.
in my observation, my card wants slot number 36 value to be the same as my baseclock. you kinda have to play with the boost table a little.

I'm guessing that you didn't use the "GPU Clock Offset + 13 MHz" button in the common tab when you were overclocking? Because if you did, then the max boost clock in the boost table would be equal to the clock speed you set in the common tab.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 600 Series Unlocked Voltage Bios' downloads and tools.