Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 600 Series Unlocked Voltage Bios' downloads and tools.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GTX 600 Series Unlocked Voltage Bios' downloads and tools. - Page 746

post #7451 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Check the actual efficiency reviews of the Platinum series here: http://www.anandtech.com/show/5464/seasonic-platinum-series-860w/5

Here's another one: http://us.hardware.info/reviews/5011/6/seasonic-platinum-series-v2-660w760w860w-review-extremely-efficient-efficiency

Following the second link, at 500W system load you get 546.2689828471539 W (500/.9153) outlet power draw. And yes, I understand that no practical application can push 760W 100% load.

But a quality 350W can push a little bit past 350W just like how 650/750W high-quality PSUs can.

Look at my example here PLEASE! At the graph that I posted, at 500W system load (Pout) the observed efficiency is 91.53%. That means that when the system draws 500W from the Platinum series Seasonic P-760W, it draws 546.2689828471539 W from the wall (Pin)!!!! This is very clear so I'm not sure what's wrong with you.
post #7452 of 7931
@mus1mus

And remember the power ratings of ALL power supplies is the Pout (system load). So that means that a 660W rated power supply can supply 660W to the system but will of course pull more from the wall depending on the efficiency curve. And like I said, based on the quality of the power supplies they can provide SLIGHTLY more than their ratings.
post #7453 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

Am I overkillin?

Remember this, a PSU will suffer at 100% duty cycle even for as quick as a minute.

If your PSU dies during that, cool, only the PSU died.

If your PSU sends 120 volts to your system, boom!! Everything dies!!

Lol

 

The only kind of PSUs that would suffer at 100% of their advertised capacity are extremely low-quality peak-rated PSUs. Good quality-made PSUs are based on how much power they can deliver continuously. So, a good quality-made PSU can deliver its advertised capacity 24/7. That's continuously.

 

So, unless you're planning on using extremely low-quality PSUs, you don't have to worry if you suddenly draw the same capacity as what's advertised. It will be fine. With good quality-made PSUs (they don't have to be high-end), the worst thing that will happen is the PSU will just harmlessly turn off. The only kind of PSUs that are dangerous are the ones that we avoid: low-quality crap.

 

If you don't want to believe me, then I invite you to create a thread in our Power Supplies forum in order to ask. It would be a great way to get the facts.

It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7454 of 7931

I'm just going to put this extra post here and then I'm going to leave. I don't want to get too involved. If you want the facts, then make a thread to ask your question in the Power Supplies forum. If you want to prove someone wrong, then ask a question in the Power Supplies forum. If you think you're right and everyone else is wrong, then prove it by asking a question to get the facts from the Power Supplies forum. No one has to know WHY you're asking. Ok? Just pretend like you want to know. Make up a reason. Don't get others involved in the argument.

 

So, on with why I'm creating this extra post:

 

If you have a good quality-made PSU, then you have a continuous-rated unit. What does that mean? It means that it can deliver its advertised power 24/7. All day, every day. Easily. That's what it's designed for. So, then does that mean that it can actually deliver more than that? Absolutely! For how long? It depends on the PSU. The last time I read anything about a good quality-made PSU being able to deliver more than its advertised continuous capacity was the HX620. Yeah, that's an old PSU, but it's still valid. After all, good PSUs are a lot better today than they were back then. I remember seeing a review saying that this PSU was able to deliver somewhere over 725 or 750W (I can't really remember anymore) before harmlessly turning off. That's right. It didn't go bang, it didn't kill the computer, it didn't freak out, it just turned off. It said, "That's it. That's all I got. Sorry. I'm turning off." Again, good PSUs today are a lot better than PSUs like the HX620. So, you can bet your sweet behind that today's good PSUs are even safer to use.

 

If you don't believe me, then ask about this concept in the Power Supplies forum. Ask about good quality-made PSUs being able to deliver more than their advertised capacity. You will learn about a lot of PSUs that are actually praised for their amazing ability to deliver a hell of a lot more than the advertised capacity. One PSU in particular that I can think of off the top of my head is the 1200W Antec High Current Pro. I don't know of any others because to be honest, I don't really care. lol I'm sorry.

 

Do I recommend drawing 100% of a PSU's capacity 24/7 for days/weeks/months even if it's a super high-end PSU? No. Why? Because that would not be good for the PSU, the quality of the power output, or the efficiency. For a consistent 24/7 power draw, you want it to land somewhere between 50-75% of the PSU's advertised capacity. On the other hand, if your maximum power draw only happens when you're gaming, then you have to consider how often you game. Is it only a few hours per day? Or is it usually 12 hours per day or more? Figure that out first before sizing the PSU.

 

Is overkill a good thing or a bad thing? It can be a bad thing. Why? Because it reduces your average efficiency, it can reduce the quality of the power output, it can reduce the life of the PSU (in extreme overkill situations), and it can even cause problems with stability due to that lowered power output quality.

 

When it comes to PSUs: you should size the PSU appropriately as best as you can. You don't want it to be too overkill.


Edited by TwoCables - 3/17/14 at 8:40pm
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7455 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
 

I'm just going to put this extra post here and then I'm going to leave. I don't want to get too involved. If you want the facts, then make a thread to ask your question in the Power Supplies forum. If you want to prove someone wrong, then ask a question in the Power Supplies forum. If you think you're right and everyone else is wrong, then prove it by asking a question to get the facts from the Power Supplies forum. No one has to know WHY you're asking. Ok? Just pretend like you want to know. Make up a reason. Don't get others involved in the argument.

 

So, on with why I'm creating this extra post:

 

If you have a good quality-made PSU, then you have a continuous-rated unit. What does that mean? It means that it can deliver its advertised power 24/7. All day, every day. Easily. That's what it's designed for. So, then does that mean that it can actually deliver more than that? Absolutely! For how long? It depends on the PSU. The last time I read anything about a good quality-made PSU being able to deliver more than its advertised continuous capacity was the HX620. Yeah, that's an old PSU, but it's still valid. After all, good PSUs are a lot better today than they were back then. I remember seeing a review saying that this PSU was able to deliver somewhere over 725 or 750W (I can't really remember anymore) before harmlessly turning off. That's right. It didn't go bang, it didn't kill the computer, it didn't freak out, it just turned off. It said, "That's it. That's all I got. Sorry. I'm turning off."

 

If you don't believe me, then ask about this concept in the Power Supplies forum. Ask about good quality-made PSUs being able to deliver more than their advertised capacity. You will learn about a lot of PSUs that are actually praised for their amazing ability to deliver a hell of a lot more than the advertised capacity. One PSU in particular that I can think of off the top of my head is the 1200W Antec High Current Pro. I don't know of any others because to be honest, I don't really care. lol I'm sorry.

i do want to add that my point is that if you are oc'ing you want headroom you dont want to borderline it as you are trying to push past the set values meaning if you want the max capacity of your sytems capabilities. I know a 6 month old ax850 that the 12v went bad and is doing 6.10 instead of around 11 to 12 and my rosewill xtreme 850 sb that i bought used from ebay is still doing what its supposed to do so i say this to note it can happen to the best of them do you want to be the one person that takes that risk or do you want to have the extra power just in case. and btw my rosewill is a very cheap psu costs $95 brand new and this is one of those people were saying caught on fire and all that other stuff. btw the bronze certification on my rosewill is not official they slapped that on there but are not really bronze certified. so if you plan on ocing keep at least a extra 150w


Edited by djthrottleboi - 3/17/14 at 8:58pm
throttlemeister
(30 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i7-4790k gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK corsair vengeance 2x8 1866Mhz seagate barracuda 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
seagate barracuda  seagate barracuda seagate barracuda seagate barracuda 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial M500 SSD random dvd multirecorder / cd drive fast sata 6... ex240 rad xspc ax240 kit 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
3 140mm fans plus 6 120mm fans Arctic Cooling MX4 4g Thermal Paste XSPC EX360 crossflow windows 8.1 pro 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
ZorinOS Mac Os X Yosemite Monoprice MPCP28UHD logitech g510s 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
evga supernova 1300 g2 Corsair 900D logitech g500s none  
AudioAudioAudioOther
Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker w/ su... diamond xtreme sound XS71U Logitech H390 Headset xbox 360 wireless 
OtherOther
logitech c110 webcam logitech driving force gt 
  hide details  
Reply
throttlemeister
(30 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i7-4790k gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK corsair vengeance 2x8 1866Mhz seagate barracuda 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
seagate barracuda  seagate barracuda seagate barracuda seagate barracuda 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial M500 SSD random dvd multirecorder / cd drive fast sata 6... ex240 rad xspc ax240 kit 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
3 140mm fans plus 6 120mm fans Arctic Cooling MX4 4g Thermal Paste XSPC EX360 crossflow windows 8.1 pro 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
ZorinOS Mac Os X Yosemite Monoprice MPCP28UHD logitech g510s 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
evga supernova 1300 g2 Corsair 900D logitech g500s none  
AudioAudioAudioOther
Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker w/ su... diamond xtreme sound XS71U Logitech H390 Headset xbox 360 wireless 
OtherOther
logitech c110 webcam logitech driving force gt 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7456 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

I'm just going to put this extra post here and then I'm going to leave. I don't want to get too involved. If you want the facts, then make a thread to ask your question in the Power Supplies forum. If you want to prove someone wrong, then ask a question in the Power Supplies forum. If you think you're right and everyone else is wrong, then prove it by asking a question to get the facts from the Power Supplies forum. No one has to know WHY you're asking. Ok? Just pretend like you want to know. Make up a reason. Don't get others involved in the argument.

So, on with why I'm creating this extra post:

If you have a good quality-made PSU, then you have a continuous-rated unit. What does that mean? It means that it can deliver its advertised power 24/7. All day, every day. Easily. That's what it's designed for. So, then does that mean that it can actually deliver more than that? Absolutely! For how long? It depends on the PSU. The last time I read anything about a good quality-made PSU being able to deliver more than its advertised continuous capacity was the HX620. Yeah, that's an old PSU, but it's still valid. After all, good PSUs are a lot better today than they were back then. I remember seeing a review saying that this PSU was able to deliver somewhere over 725 or 750W (I can't really remember anymore) before harmlessly turning off. That's right. It didn't go bang, it didn't kill the computer, it didn't freak out, it just turned off. It said, "That's it. That's all I got. Sorry. I'm turning off." Again, good PSUs today are a lot better than PSUs like the HX620. So, you can bet your sweet behind that today's good PSUs are even safer to use.

If you don't believe me, then ask about this concept in the Power Supplies forum. Ask about good quality-made PSUs being able to deliver more than their advertised capacity. You will learn about a lot of PSUs that are actually praised for their amazing ability to deliver a hell of a lot more than the advertised capacity. One PSU in particular that I can think of off the top of my head is the 1200W Antec High Current Pro. I don't know of any others because to be honest, I don't really care. lol I'm sorry.

Do I recommend drawing 100% of a PSU's capacity 24/7 for days/weeks/months even if it's a super high-end PSU? No. Why? Because that would not be good for the PSU, the quality of the power output, or the efficiency. For a consistent 24/7 power draw, you want it to land somewhere between 50-75% of the PSU's advertised capacity. On the other hand, if your maximum power draw only happens when you're gaming, then you have to consider how often you game. Is it only a few hours per day? Or is it usually 12 hours per day or more? Figure that out first before sizing the PSU.

Is overkill a good thing or a bad thing? It can be a bad thing. Why? Because it reduces your average efficiency, it can reduce the quality of the power output, it can reduce the life of the PSU (in extreme overkill situations), and it can even cause problems with stability due to that lowered power output quality.

When it comes to PSUs: you should size the PSU appropriately as best as you can. You don't want it to be too overkill.

Thank you for this comment. It somehow explains how a PSU CAN go over its rated capacity without any damage but is not recommended.

@mus1mus, if you want to argue more then let's do it in the correct section and not sabotage this thread. TwoCables will be there to explain a lot more.

But basically, my posts were all facts. You just came out as aggressive and never understood any of them when we were explaining the same thing in the first place. I'm not so sure but I think you thought of the rated capacity of a power supply as the maximum power it can draw from the outlet and not the maximum power it can give the system. AGAIN, I said I THINK!
post #7457 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post


Oh my GOD! Dude, you're the one misunderstanding me! I'm an Electronics Engineer and efficiency is very simple. Don't take this the wrong way, what you're saying is TOTALLY CORRECT! What you misunderstood is what I'm trying to say.

Effiicieny is equal to Pout/Pin. Pin is the power from the outlet and Pout is the system load.

AGAIN, WE ARE EXPLAINING THE SAME EXACT THING HERE. I'm not sure why you don't understand my points.

For high quality power supplies like for example, the Seasonic X660W, it can provide a little more than 660W of SYSTEM LOAD and OF COURSE that would relate to a Pin (power from outlet) that is higher than the specific system load it gives!

Why don't you read up on reviews? Power supplies CAN give more than their rated power rating because they are designed to do that but of course it is not recommended to do so. But Seasonics are known to still perform good when ran past their rating!

You know for a fact that your credibility is on the line by saying things here right?

Although you pointed out the reviews getting more than the rated output from those quality seasonics, you have not fully understood the issue, Why don't you read up on reviews? Power supplies CAN give more than their rated power rating because they are designed to do that but of course it is not recommended to do so. But Seasonics are known to still perform good when ran past their rating this is barely a standard +-10% manufacturing margin of error. So don't talk about it producing more than they are rated at. You could either get lucky to get those samples they review.

You surely has a lot to learn on your field.
post #7458 of 7931

mus1mus: you're not going to get anyone to listen to you if you aren't friendly and professional. Read what you're posting. Would you listen to someone who's talking at you like that? I know I wouldn't. Yeah, you're talking at him. Stand down, man. Let's relax here. It's just a discussion about power supplies.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djthrottleboi View Post
 

i do want to add that my point is that if you are oc'ing you want headroom you dont want to borderline it as you are trying to push past the set values meaning if you want the max capacity of your sytems capabilities. I know a 6 month old ax850 that the 12v went bad and is doing 6.10 instead of around 11 to 12 and my rosewill xtreme 850 sb that i bought used from ebay is still doing what its supposed to do so i say this to note it can happen to the best of them do you want to be the one person that takes that risk or do you want to have the extra power just in case. and btw my rosewill is a very cheap psu costs $95 brand new and this is one of those people were saying caught on fire and all that other stuff. btw the bronze certification on my rosewill is not official they slapped that on there but are not really bronze certified. so if you plan on ocing keep at least a extra 150w

 

Efficiency has nothing to do with a PSU's output capacity. It's completely unrelated.

 

As far as a PSU going bad: if you have your +12V rail suddenly go bad on you and now it's only producing 6V, then it doesn't matter how overkill that PSU is, your computer is not going to function with that. Overkill does not prevent problems in such a situation.


Edited by TwoCables - 3/17/14 at 9:40pm
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7459 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by mus1mus View Post

You know for a fact that your credibility is on the line by saying things here right?

Although you pointed out the reviews getting more than the rated output from those quality seasonics, you have not fully understood the issue, Why don't you read up on reviews? Power supplies CAN give more than their rated power rating because they are designed to do that but of course it is not recommended to do so. But Seasonics are known to still perform good when ran past their rating this is barely a standard +-10% manufacturing margin of error. So don't talk about it producing more than they are rated at. You could either get lucky to get those samples they review.

You surely has a lot to learn on your field.

I had enough. Do what you will. Typical attitude of my countrymen. You're right, I'm wrong. You know everything, I don't. I have a lot to learn on my field, like you said, because you know all there is to this field.
post #7460 of 7931
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
 

mus1mus: you're not going to get anyone to listen to you if you aren't friendly and professional. Read what you're posting. Would you listen to someone who's talking at you like that? I know I wouldn't. Yeah, you're talking at him. Stand down, man. Let's relax here. It's just a discussion about power supplies.

 

 

Efficiency has nothing to do with a PSU's output capacity. It's completely unrelated.

 

As far as a PSU going bad: if you have your +12V rail suddenly go bad on you and now it's only producing 6V, then it doesn't matter how overkill that PSU is, your computer is not going to function with that. Overkill does not prevent problems in such a situation.

indeed but you say unrelated well this thread is about unlocked bios'es and oc'ing them so i believe it is completely related as it translates to how far you can get in terms of oc'ing with a certain psu. if this is unrelated to your post then it is in the wrong thread.

throttlemeister
(30 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i7-4790k gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK corsair vengeance 2x8 1866Mhz seagate barracuda 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
seagate barracuda  seagate barracuda seagate barracuda seagate barracuda 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial M500 SSD random dvd multirecorder / cd drive fast sata 6... ex240 rad xspc ax240 kit 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
3 140mm fans plus 6 120mm fans Arctic Cooling MX4 4g Thermal Paste XSPC EX360 crossflow windows 8.1 pro 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
ZorinOS Mac Os X Yosemite Monoprice MPCP28UHD logitech g510s 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
evga supernova 1300 g2 Corsair 900D logitech g500s none  
AudioAudioAudioOther
Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker w/ su... diamond xtreme sound XS71U Logitech H390 Headset xbox 360 wireless 
OtherOther
logitech c110 webcam logitech driving force gt 
  hide details  
Reply
throttlemeister
(30 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i7-4790k gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK corsair vengeance 2x8 1866Mhz seagate barracuda 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
seagate barracuda  seagate barracuda seagate barracuda seagate barracuda 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial M500 SSD random dvd multirecorder / cd drive fast sata 6... ex240 rad xspc ax240 kit 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
3 140mm fans plus 6 120mm fans Arctic Cooling MX4 4g Thermal Paste XSPC EX360 crossflow windows 8.1 pro 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
ZorinOS Mac Os X Yosemite Monoprice MPCP28UHD logitech g510s 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
evga supernova 1300 g2 Corsair 900D logitech g500s none  
AudioAudioAudioOther
Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker w/ su... diamond xtreme sound XS71U Logitech H390 Headset xbox 360 wireless 
OtherOther
logitech c110 webcam logitech driving force gt 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 600 Series Unlocked Voltage Bios' downloads and tools.