Originally Posted by pepejovi
Originally Posted by axipher
Originally Posted by barkinos98
subbed, not the first carputer log but seems interesting sir! also subbing because you made my mind about the future server
Thanks man, I appreciate all the support I can get.
Why is this the first time i hear about this log?
Maybe because you aren't subscribed to me...
Originally Posted by Kylepdalton
I'm subbing this. I'm currently in the process of doing something very similar in my B5 Passat. Taking a look at your diagram you posted I have two questions for you.
1. Have you given any thought to how you are planning on starting and shutting down the PC from the front of the car. (Relays, switches, etc...)
2. Any reason you are powering the touchscreen from the terminal strip? If the screen is in the dash I would just resource the original head unit 12v source.
If you need any screen recommendations I can vouch for a few different ones as I have been looking for a couple of months.
1) I will be using the 12 V remote line that goes to the amp to trigger a relay. I will tie this relay in to a RS-Latch so that when the car is turned on, the computer will get a power signal to either start it up, or shut-it down. I will also have a second relay interrupting the RS signal if I decide I want the computer on while the car is off. This will be accomplished via a separate power and reset push button installed on the left side of my dash beside my sun-roof controls.
2) I never though of using the original 12 V that was going to the current deck. I will definitely use that via a relay controlled by the same logic of the computer and tap off the remote wire where the old head unit was as well. Thanks :D
3) I am currently not set on any screens, but with bezel, it has to be less than 7.5" x 6.5", preferably with DVI or HDMI and USB inputs.