Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASRock X79 Extreme 11 Owners Issues & Hopefully Fixes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ASRock X79 Extreme 11 Owners Issues & Hopefully Fixes - Page 31

post #301 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamK47 View Post

I received the motherboard yesterday. Got everything put together. Already had horrific experiences with this board. I installed my three 7970s in slot1, slot 3, and slot 5. It's the way the manual says to install them. UEFI setup had them at all at GEN2, so I set them to GEN3 and rebooted. Once I was in Windows I checked the PCI-E speeds through GPU-Z and it showed the first card running at 16X PCI-E 1.1. The other two cards were 16X PCI-E 3.0.
The board came with UEFI 1.30. I updated it to 2.00 to see if it fixed the PCI-E issue. Upon reboot I noticed no video signal to the monitor until completely loading into Windows. Once Windows was loaded I had a signal and could see my desktop. I tried getting into the UEFI by hitting the delete key on boot until what should have been the UEFI screen. It seemed to have entered the UEFI setup, but I can't confirm because I couldn't see anything at all (no signal). Hit the reset button and sure enough, video signal only when Windows is loaded. I could get into the UEFI setup just fine with 1.30 with a working signal to my monitor. I flashed to version 1.70 from within Windows. Rebooted, and the same thing, only have a video signal when Windows is fully loaded. I then made the drastic mistake of clearing CMOS. This puts everything at default and automatically places you at the UEFI setup on the next boot. Since I had no video signal I couldn't see the UEFI setup to get out. Rebooting didn't help either since it places me back at setup. I was stuck. Different monitors and connections didn't help either. I got lucky by guessing where the cursor was on the screen and clicking on Exit and then hitting enter. To my amazement the system rebooted and loaded into Windows where I could get a video signal. I promptly flashed back to version 1.30, but now I'm stuck with PCI-E version 1.1 on the 7970 in slot 1. Grrrrrrrr!
Calm down there buddy. The 7970 should downclock to pci-e 1.1 when not in use. What is happening is a built in power saving feature.

If you click on the question mark on the side of the GPUz PCIe lane indicator you can stress the cards and see the actual PCIe lane usage displayed. When stressed it should go up to 3.0.
VR
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k on H2O Asus RIVE GTX 1080Ti Ripjaws 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMonitorPower
[x2] Samsung 830 RAID0  VR- HTC VIVE  Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fostex TH-900 Headphones Asus Xonar Essence One DAC Sennheiser HDVD800 Sennheiser HD800 
Audio
HiFiMan HE-5LE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asrock Extreme 11 x4 GTX Titan Quad SLI + EK Blocks Ripjaws Z 16gb 2133  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] Samsung 830 SSD 128gb in Raid0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD D5 Pump, Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 + RX360 R... [x3] Qnix 2560x1440 120hz 
PowerAudioAudio
EVGA SR-2 1200w  Asus Xonar Essence One Amp/DAC Sennheiser HD800 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3930k Asus RIVE EVGA GTX 670 Quad SLI Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133 CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] SSD Samsung 830 126GB RAID0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB XSPC Raystorm Block, RX360, D5 [x3] ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitors 
PowerCase
EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w CM HAF X 942 
  hide details  
Reply
VR
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k on H2O Asus RIVE GTX 1080Ti Ripjaws 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMonitorPower
[x2] Samsung 830 RAID0  VR- HTC VIVE  Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fostex TH-900 Headphones Asus Xonar Essence One DAC Sennheiser HDVD800 Sennheiser HD800 
Audio
HiFiMan HE-5LE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asrock Extreme 11 x4 GTX Titan Quad SLI + EK Blocks Ripjaws Z 16gb 2133  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] Samsung 830 SSD 128gb in Raid0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD D5 Pump, Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 + RX360 R... [x3] Qnix 2560x1440 120hz 
PowerAudioAudio
EVGA SR-2 1200w  Asus Xonar Essence One Amp/DAC Sennheiser HD800 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3930k Asus RIVE EVGA GTX 670 Quad SLI Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133 CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] SSD Samsung 830 126GB RAID0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB XSPC Raystorm Block, RX360, D5 [x3] ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitors 
PowerCase
EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w CM HAF X 942 
  hide details  
Reply
post #302 of 1199
Adam K47 I KNOW HOW YOU MUST FEEL BUT FRET NOT ! WE HERE AT OC.NET ARE HERE TO GIVE YOU A HELPING HAND! helpinghand.gif IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED TRY, boxing3.gif TRY AGAIN. thumb.gifthumbsupsmiley.png

SINCERELY
UKYO
Edited by UKYO - 12/6/12 at 5:02am
post #303 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolern View Post

Calm down there buddy. The 7970 should downclock to pci-e 1.1 when not in use. What is happening is a built in power saving feature.
If you click on the question mark on the side of the GPUz PCIe lane indicator you can stress the cards and see the actual PCIe lane usage displayed. When stressed it should go up to 3.0.

Right, I know that. The GPU-Z indicator during the stress is what's showing PCI-E 1.1. My Asus P9X79 Deluxe showed correct speeds of PCI-E 3.0 during the same test with the same card.

If I set everything to GEN2 in the UEFI, then the GPU-Z test shows PCI-E 2.0 for all cards.
The Computer
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 7740X MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC Two Titan Xp 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
512GB Samsung 960 Pro Four 2TB Samsung 850 EVOs in 8TB RAID-0 10TB Seagate Enterprise 7200RPM HDD LG 16X BD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate Windows 10 Professional x64 Samsung 70" KU6300 Corsair K70 LUX 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1500i Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G900 Corsair Lapdog 
AudioAudioAudio
Denon AVR-S920W receiver Klipsch Reference 5.1 speakers Beyerdynamic DT 770 Studio headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
The Computer
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 7740X MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC Two Titan Xp 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
512GB Samsung 960 Pro Four 2TB Samsung 850 EVOs in 8TB RAID-0 10TB Seagate Enterprise 7200RPM HDD LG 16X BD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate Windows 10 Professional x64 Samsung 70" KU6300 Corsair K70 LUX 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1500i Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G900 Corsair Lapdog 
AudioAudioAudio
Denon AVR-S920W receiver Klipsch Reference 5.1 speakers Beyerdynamic DT 770 Studio headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #304 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamK47 View Post

Right, I know that. The GPU-Z indicator during the stress is what's showing PCI-E 1.1. My Asus P9X79 Deluxe showed correct speeds of PCI-E 3.0 during the same test with the same card.
If I set everything to GEN2 in the UEFI, then the GPU-Z test shows PCI-E 2.0 for all cards.
Oh I see. Hmm. Have you tried cards in different slots? Tried new bios v2.0?
VR
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k on H2O Asus RIVE GTX 1080Ti Ripjaws 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMonitorPower
[x2] Samsung 830 RAID0  VR- HTC VIVE  Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fostex TH-900 Headphones Asus Xonar Essence One DAC Sennheiser HDVD800 Sennheiser HD800 
Audio
HiFiMan HE-5LE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asrock Extreme 11 x4 GTX Titan Quad SLI + EK Blocks Ripjaws Z 16gb 2133  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] Samsung 830 SSD 128gb in Raid0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD D5 Pump, Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 + RX360 R... [x3] Qnix 2560x1440 120hz 
PowerAudioAudio
EVGA SR-2 1200w  Asus Xonar Essence One Amp/DAC Sennheiser HD800 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3930k Asus RIVE EVGA GTX 670 Quad SLI Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133 CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] SSD Samsung 830 126GB RAID0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB XSPC Raystorm Block, RX360, D5 [x3] ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitors 
PowerCase
EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w CM HAF X 942 
  hide details  
Reply
VR
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k on H2O Asus RIVE GTX 1080Ti Ripjaws 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMonitorPower
[x2] Samsung 830 RAID0  VR- HTC VIVE  Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fostex TH-900 Headphones Asus Xonar Essence One DAC Sennheiser HDVD800 Sennheiser HD800 
Audio
HiFiMan HE-5LE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asrock Extreme 11 x4 GTX Titan Quad SLI + EK Blocks Ripjaws Z 16gb 2133  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] Samsung 830 SSD 128gb in Raid0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD D5 Pump, Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 + RX360 R... [x3] Qnix 2560x1440 120hz 
PowerAudioAudio
EVGA SR-2 1200w  Asus Xonar Essence One Amp/DAC Sennheiser HD800 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3930k Asus RIVE EVGA GTX 670 Quad SLI Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133 CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] SSD Samsung 830 126GB RAID0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB XSPC Raystorm Block, RX360, D5 [x3] ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitors 
PowerCase
EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w CM HAF X 942 
  hide details  
Reply
post #305 of 1199
Guys Im having some problems with my CPU OC having intermittent periods of instability. If you could take a look at my thread I would appreciate it.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1335431/please-critique-my-3930k-overclock
VR
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k on H2O Asus RIVE GTX 1080Ti Ripjaws 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMonitorPower
[x2] Samsung 830 RAID0  VR- HTC VIVE  Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fostex TH-900 Headphones Asus Xonar Essence One DAC Sennheiser HDVD800 Sennheiser HD800 
Audio
HiFiMan HE-5LE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asrock Extreme 11 x4 GTX Titan Quad SLI + EK Blocks Ripjaws Z 16gb 2133  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] Samsung 830 SSD 128gb in Raid0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD D5 Pump, Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 + RX360 R... [x3] Qnix 2560x1440 120hz 
PowerAudioAudio
EVGA SR-2 1200w  Asus Xonar Essence One Amp/DAC Sennheiser HD800 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3930k Asus RIVE EVGA GTX 670 Quad SLI Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133 CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] SSD Samsung 830 126GB RAID0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB XSPC Raystorm Block, RX360, D5 [x3] ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitors 
PowerCase
EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w CM HAF X 942 
  hide details  
Reply
VR
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k on H2O Asus RIVE GTX 1080Ti Ripjaws 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMonitorPower
[x2] Samsung 830 RAID0  VR- HTC VIVE  Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fostex TH-900 Headphones Asus Xonar Essence One DAC Sennheiser HDVD800 Sennheiser HD800 
Audio
HiFiMan HE-5LE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asrock Extreme 11 x4 GTX Titan Quad SLI + EK Blocks Ripjaws Z 16gb 2133  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] Samsung 830 SSD 128gb in Raid0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD D5 Pump, Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 + RX360 R... [x3] Qnix 2560x1440 120hz 
PowerAudioAudio
EVGA SR-2 1200w  Asus Xonar Essence One Amp/DAC Sennheiser HD800 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3930k Asus RIVE EVGA GTX 670 Quad SLI Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133 CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] SSD Samsung 830 126GB RAID0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB XSPC Raystorm Block, RX360, D5 [x3] ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitors 
PowerCase
EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w CM HAF X 942 
  hide details  
Reply
post #306 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolern View Post

Oh I see. Hmm. Have you tried cards in different slots? Tried new bios v2.0?

Yep, I've tried the following in Tri-Fire:

Slot 1, Slot 3, and Slot 5
Slot 1, Slot 3, and Slot 7
Slot 3, Slot 5, and Slot 7

There are times when I enable PCI-E 3.0 where the system won't even POST and I have to clear CMOS. Other times I get PCI-E 1.1 on one card and then the rest are at PCI-E 3.0. I've given up on getting PCI-E 3.0 fully working. I can enable PCI-E 3.0 for upstream. It's the downstream that's causing the problems. For that I'm leaving it at PCI-E 2.0.

Don't get me started on BIOS 2.0. smile.gif You can read my original reply for the reason why. I don't want to go through that nightmare again. The latest UEFI update that does work for me is 1.40.

It seems like there isn't much validation done with AMD cards.
The Computer
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 7740X MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC Two Titan Xp 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
512GB Samsung 960 Pro Four 2TB Samsung 850 EVOs in 8TB RAID-0 10TB Seagate Enterprise 7200RPM HDD LG 16X BD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate Windows 10 Professional x64 Samsung 70" KU6300 Corsair K70 LUX 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1500i Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G900 Corsair Lapdog 
AudioAudioAudio
Denon AVR-S920W receiver Klipsch Reference 5.1 speakers Beyerdynamic DT 770 Studio headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
The Computer
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 7740X MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC Two Titan Xp 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
512GB Samsung 960 Pro Four 2TB Samsung 850 EVOs in 8TB RAID-0 10TB Seagate Enterprise 7200RPM HDD LG 16X BD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate Windows 10 Professional x64 Samsung 70" KU6300 Corsair K70 LUX 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1500i Corsair Obsidian 750D Logitech G900 Corsair Lapdog 
AudioAudioAudio
Denon AVR-S920W receiver Klipsch Reference 5.1 speakers Beyerdynamic DT 770 Studio headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #307 of 1199
I'm going to try to boil down my last 8 full-time days of experience with this new board, and hopefully one of you can make sense with it.

Issues:
  1. UEFI 2.0 renders video input blank. Luckily I was able to blind flash back to 1.3
  2. Sometimes UEFI keyboard input lags until reset as in it takes 2 seconds to register a up or down press and holding up/down doesn't work like it typically does.
  3. I'm stable 4.6ghz at 1.1 VTT, 1.1 VCSSA, 1.76PLL, +.07 Vcore offset (1.36v under load), LLC 3 with all C states on. With those settings under IBT I'm at 58C, so there should be plenty of headroom. First attempt at 4.8 with a higher offset and no C states immediately corrupted my system drive (4x vertex4 on LSI in 0 and write cache was off). I could repair to boot but under no circumstance could I load the NIC drivers afterwards (I put about 6 hours in, I'll spare the details to save space here). Option of last resort, a format, fixed it.
  4. Stable at 4.6 with the above settings again. I try fixed 1.45v and 4.8 loads and presents some stability (didn't test long). Try 5.0 with 1.5v and get immediate corruption of system drive again. This time I can't repair the install. I've never had a RAID system drive, but is this common for the first sign of instability to corrupt the install when caching is off? I decide to disable raids and run a fresh install on a separate disk but now video card drivers won't load, (2x 680s) one of them isn't getting an IRQ. New fresh install on another new drive and the same issue! ...Insert several more hours of various resets/drivers/etc to no avail... I finally re-enable raids and restore my vertex4 array from a backup image from the previous day and suddenly the video cards are back working again.
I don't understand what's going on here. Why is the slightest instability corrupting my system drive and misc hardware? Why would just one of the video cards fail to get an IRQ when the raids are disabled and also after the UEFI was reset?

Things I've ruled out:
  • Memory: Passed 14 hours of memtest, 12 hours of prime95 and 100+ passes of IBT. I never had any instability in IBT/Prime95, just immediate reboots.
  • SSD/HDD: Experienced problems with and without them and I've had no issues other than the corruption from overclocking.
  • CPU: The same issues above presented each time after UEFI reset and default settings restored.
  • GPUs: They have worked fine for months in my previous system and this one. Both run at 1334mhz and 3550 memory without issue before and now.
That leaves only the MB or PSU. The PSU is a new Seasonic 1250x. I've had a few PSU's go bad before but the problems they presented weren't as targeted and consistent as this.
The board just seems intermittently flaky in my opinion, which is in line with the above 2 posts.

I'm not really sure what to do at this point. I don't dare to waste another day dealing with misc hardware errors resulting from attempting a 200mhz increase, even though my temps/voltage are low enough that I really want to push it further. Reading the above posts... it seems doubtful the system will even maintain its current stability for long.
post #308 of 1199
post #309 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolern View Post

Thanks for the info Jackk. Ill give you your first rep for that thumb.gif
Has anyone seen any waterblocks for this board yet??

http://www.mips-computer.de/index.htm?frame=sg_MIPSProdukte_MainboardSets_NickelPomSchwarz.htm?ID=3552
post #310 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus333 View Post

I'm going to try to boil down my last 8 full-time days of experience with this new board, and hopefully one of you can make sense with it.
Issues:
  1. UEFI 2.0 renders video input blank. Luckily I was able to blind flash back to 1.3
  2. Sometimes UEFI keyboard input lags until reset as in it takes 2 seconds to register a up or down press and holding up/down doesn't work like it typically does.
  3. I'm stable 4.6ghz at 1.1 VTT, 1.1 VCSSA, 1.76PLL, +.07 Vcore offset (1.36v under load), LLC 3 with all C states on. With those settings under IBT I'm at 58C, so there should be plenty of headroom. First attempt at 4.8 with a higher offset and no C states immediately corrupted my system drive (4x vertex4 on LSI in 0 and write cache was off). I could repair to boot but under no circumstance could I load the NIC drivers afterwards (I put about 6 hours in, I'll spare the details to save space here). Option of last resort, a format, fixed it.
  4. Stable at 4.6 with the above settings again. I try fixed 1.45v and 4.8 loads and presents some stability (didn't test long). Try 5.0 with 1.5v and get immediate corruption of system drive again. This time I can't repair the install. I've never had a RAID system drive, but is this common for the first sign of instability to corrupt the install when caching is off? I decide to disable raids and run a fresh install on a separate disk but now video card drivers won't load, (2x 680s) one of them isn't getting an IRQ. New fresh install on another new drive and the same issue! ...Insert several more hours of various resets/drivers/etc to no avail... I finally re-enable raids and restore my vertex4 array from a backup image from the previous day and suddenly the video cards are back working again.
I don't understand what's going on here. Why is the slightest instability corrupting my system drive and misc hardware? Why would just one of the video cards fail to get an IRQ when the raids are disabled and also after the UEFI was reset?
Things I've ruled out:
  • Memory: Passed 14 hours of memtest, 12 hours of prime95 and 100+ passes of IBT. I never had any instability in IBT/Prime95, just immediate reboots.
  • SSD/HDD: Experienced problems with and without them and I've had no issues other than the corruption from overclocking.
  • CPU: The same issues above presented each time after UEFI reset and default settings restored.
  • GPUs: They have worked fine for months in my previous system and this one. Both run at 1334mhz and 3550 memory without issue before and now.
That leaves only the MB or PSU. The PSU is a new Seasonic 1250x. I've had a few PSU's go bad before but the problems they presented weren't as targeted and consistent as this.
The board just seems intermittently flaky in my opinion, which is in line with the above 2 posts.
I'm not really sure what to do at this point. I don't dare to waste another day dealing with misc hardware errors resulting from attempting a 200mhz increase, even though my temps/voltage are low enough that I really want to push it further. Reading the above posts... it seems doubtful the system will even maintain its current stability for long.

I have been testing for a few day before I posted again in my above thread to verify stability. Increasing my PLL voltage did the trick for me. PLL 1.38 @ 4.7ghz, & 1.89 @ 5ghz.
Others tips for CPU OC.
-make sure your current core limit is raised, I have mine at 300
-I have had better luck with a fixed voltage on vcore, you can try my settings in my thread above with new PLL adjustments.


As far as OS corruption due to overclocking, I have never seen anyone have this problem on this board before. It is possible with any OC to corrupt the OS though, although it has never happened to me. Are you OCing ram? Try to leave ram at stock defaults until you have CPU stabilized. I have seen ram OC have more issues with OS corruption. Could it be your one of your SSDs causing the problem? Have you tried putting your OS on your HDD and OC from there?
VR
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k on H2O Asus RIVE GTX 1080Ti Ripjaws 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMonitorPower
[x2] Samsung 830 RAID0  VR- HTC VIVE  Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fostex TH-900 Headphones Asus Xonar Essence One DAC Sennheiser HDVD800 Sennheiser HD800 
Audio
HiFiMan HE-5LE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asrock Extreme 11 x4 GTX Titan Quad SLI + EK Blocks Ripjaws Z 16gb 2133  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] Samsung 830 SSD 128gb in Raid0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD D5 Pump, Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 + RX360 R... [x3] Qnix 2560x1440 120hz 
PowerAudioAudio
EVGA SR-2 1200w  Asus Xonar Essence One Amp/DAC Sennheiser HD800 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3930k Asus RIVE EVGA GTX 670 Quad SLI Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133 CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] SSD Samsung 830 126GB RAID0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB XSPC Raystorm Block, RX360, D5 [x3] ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitors 
PowerCase
EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w CM HAF X 942 
  hide details  
Reply
VR
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4930k on H2O Asus RIVE GTX 1080Ti Ripjaws 16GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorMonitorPower
[x2] Samsung 830 RAID0  VR- HTC VIVE  Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 100Hz Gsync EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Fostex TH-900 Headphones Asus Xonar Essence One DAC Sennheiser HDVD800 Sennheiser HD800 
Audio
HiFiMan HE-5LE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K Asrock Extreme 11 x4 GTX Titan Quad SLI + EK Blocks Ripjaws Z 16gb 2133  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] Samsung 830 SSD 128gb in Raid0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB HDD D5 Pump, Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 + RX360 R... [x3] Qnix 2560x1440 120hz 
PowerAudioAudio
EVGA SR-2 1200w  Asus Xonar Essence One Amp/DAC Sennheiser HD800 Headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I7 3930k Asus RIVE EVGA GTX 670 Quad SLI Ripjaws Z 16GB 2133 CL11 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingMonitor
[x2] SSD Samsung 830 126GB RAID0 Samsung Spinpoint 2TB XSPC Raystorm Block, RX360, D5 [x3] ASUS VG278H 27" 3D Monitors 
PowerCase
EVGA Classified SR-2 1200w CM HAF X 942 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASRock X79 Extreme 11 Owners Issues & Hopefully Fixes