Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASRock X79 Extreme 11 Owners Issues & Hopefully Fixes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ASRock X79 Extreme 11 Owners Issues & Hopefully Fixes - Page 92

post #911 of 1199
Hey guys, do I need to fill all the raid ports for it to function correctly?
post #912 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiskrieg View Post

Hey guys, do I need to fill all the raid ports for it to function correctly?

Not necessary. Just fill the ports you will be using.
Fused III
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6850k Asus Rampage V Edition 10 MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI LIGHTNING Z MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI LIGHTNING Z 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200mhz Crucial M550 1TB Crucial M550 1TB Crucial M550 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M550 1TB Corsair H100i v2 Windows 10 Pro Acer X34 
KeyboardPowerCase
Corsair K65 EVGA 1000 G3 Corsair 400c 
  hide details  
Reply
Fused III
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6850k Asus Rampage V Edition 10 MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI LIGHTNING Z MSI GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI LIGHTNING Z 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200mhz Crucial M550 1TB Crucial M550 1TB Crucial M550 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M550 1TB Corsair H100i v2 Windows 10 Pro Acer X34 
KeyboardPowerCase
Corsair K65 EVGA 1000 G3 Corsair 400c 
  hide details  
Reply
post #913 of 1199
Testing out windows 8.1 x64 WMC with December updates.

I had a couple of crashes, so decided to do an "intel chipset driver -overall" install.
It did it's usual thing of overwriting all system drivers for everything intel controlled.

Seems to of sorted out whatever was making it flaky.

Update: a solid 10 hours uptime in the administrator profile while throwing curveballs at the OS. I have noticed a couple of system tray icons disappear somehow? Abducted by aliens maybe?
Edited by GunnzAkimbo - 12/16/13 at 9:03am
post #914 of 1199
Hey guys, I've been in contact with an ebay seller for the last few weeks who makes E11 blocks. He's pending delivery of some final materials to get a batch going in the next week. If you're interested, please pm me so I can forward you his ebay info/credentials.


The top comes in plexi: smoked, clear, dark. I know one member who has one and confirms its top notch (though has yet to install it).


Here's the block set:


Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2


If you need some special work, he's willing to help. I may run into some clearance issues w/ the gpu(s) but I gave him my numbers and there was no concerned relayed back. So I guess I'm good smile.gif.



Btw, I never got any reply from Nateman. Though I hear he's really busy and working on the Dark block. I've crossed out this option. If anyone has a Mips blocks they wanna sell, hit me up biggrin.gif
post #915 of 1199
I'm interested. Please let me know how to get in touch with him. Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post

Hey guys, I've been in contact with an ebay seller for the last few weeks who makes E11 blocks. He's pending delivery of some final materials to get a batch going in the next week. If you're interested, please pm me so I can forward you his ebay info/credentials.


The top comes in plexi: smoked, clear, dark. I know one member who has one and confirms its top notch (though has yet to install it).


Here's the block set:


Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2


If you need some special work, he's willing to help. I may run into some clearance issues w/ the gpu(s) but I gave him my numbers and there was no concerned relayed back. So I guess I'm good smile.gif.



Btw, I never got any reply from Nateman. Though I hear he's really busy and working on the Dark block. I've crossed out this option. If anyone has a Mips blocks they wanna sell, hit me up biggrin.gif
Titans
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3970X Asrock Extreme 11 Asus GTX Titan (4 way SLI) Asus GTX Titan 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Asus GTX Titan Asus GTX Titan Kingston HyperBeast 2400MHz, 32GB Plextor M5 Pro Extreme 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LiteOn BluRay Airplex Modularity System 360 mm, Copper Fins, ... Microsoft Windows 8 Pro (64bit) Dell 29" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer DeathStalker Ultimate EVGA NEX1500 Case Labs TX10D Razer Ouroboros 
  hide details  
Reply
Titans
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3970X Asrock Extreme 11 Asus GTX Titan (4 way SLI) Asus GTX Titan 
GraphicsGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Asus GTX Titan Asus GTX Titan Kingston HyperBeast 2400MHz, 32GB Plextor M5 Pro Extreme 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LiteOn BluRay Airplex Modularity System 360 mm, Copper Fins, ... Microsoft Windows 8 Pro (64bit) Dell 29" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer DeathStalker Ultimate EVGA NEX1500 Case Labs TX10D Razer Ouroboros 
  hide details  
Reply
post #916 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by eAgleyes View Post

I'm interested. Please let me know how to get in touch with him. Thank you.

Sent you a pm w/ the details smile.gif
post #917 of 1199
Hey guys, sadly I'm in the process of returning my E11. It turned out defective (crashing, bad pcie) and I"m having a really hard time with the seller getting this returned (typical innocence claim). There were a few red flags initially but I typically test things first to ensure I can overcome any issues if possible. I wanted to keep this board but the seller's actions really just made me call it quits at this point and buy a new board.

At this point, I have moved on to a Rampage Black Ed. IV. I still have some leads on blocks for the E11. If you still desire one, hit me up and i can put in touch w/ the contacts I made for the blocks.

Thanks for the help thumb.gif
post #918 of 1199
Anybody here with an AE11 that has tried both 4 sticks and 8 sticks of memory in their board?

I'm getting much lower scores on some CPU portions of benchmarks/tests when I have all 8 sticks installed.
post #919 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpachris View Post

Anybody here with an AE11 that has tried both 4 sticks and 8 sticks of memory in their board?

I'm getting much lower scores on some CPU portions of benchmarks/tests when I have all 8 sticks installed.

I did. Looks like 4 sticks works a lot better but i had all 8 sticks installed since I bought them already. Should have gone for 4x8GB instead of 8x4GB....

3DMark11 with 4 sticks:
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7672006

with 8 sticks:
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7685745

Intel Burn test GFlops would drop from 129 to 59 when I had all 8 4GB sticks installed. Running at 2133. Been trying to sort out how to get 8 sticks to run better but getting lazy in terms of testing individual ram setting. redface.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k @ 4.2GHz Offset -0.05 ASRock Extrteme 11 EVGA 680 + 4GB with backplate EVGA 680 + 4GB with backplate 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
32GB (8x4GB) Ripjaw Z Series Quad Channel @1866 C9 Cosair Force GT 2x240GB Intel RAID 0 4 x Seagate 3TB 7200rpm LSI RAID 10 Antec 920 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 8 Pro x64 Dell u2711 XFX Black Series Platinum 1000 watts Coolermaster Cosmo II 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k @ 4.2GHz Offset -0.05 ASRock Extrteme 11 EVGA 680 + 4GB with backplate EVGA 680 + 4GB with backplate 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
32GB (8x4GB) Ripjaw Z Series Quad Channel @1866 C9 Cosair Force GT 2x240GB Intel RAID 0 4 x Seagate 3TB 7200rpm LSI RAID 10 Antec 920 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 8 Pro x64 Dell u2711 XFX Black Series Platinum 1000 watts Coolermaster Cosmo II 
  hide details  
Reply
post #920 of 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackk View Post

I did. Looks like 4 sticks works a lot better but i had all 8 sticks installed since I bought them already. Should have gone for 4x8GB instead of 8x4GB....

3DMark11 with 4 sticks:
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7672006

with 8 sticks:
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7685745

Intel Burn test GFlops would drop from 129 to 59 when I had all 8 4GB sticks installed. Running at 2133. Been trying to sort out how to get 8 sticks to run better but getting lazy in terms of testing individual ram setting. redface.gif

jackk....I found my solution. Should have updated....sorry. In the BIOS settings, in the memory section, change the channel interleave from AUTO to 4-way, and the rank interleave from AUTO to 8-way. My speeds jumped right back up to where they were with these changes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › ASRock X79 Extreme 11 Owners Issues & Hopefully Fixes