New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

foldingw/linux ??

post #1 of 4
Thread Starter 
ok 2 questions

ok so i have my dual core 4200 with one of my linux installs on it (xandros) and i am running 2 instances of folding and its working fine but in sys monitor it says that one getting 86% of user and the other is getting 14%

now can i sat the renice values for both of them to the same so they kind of balance out or is there a way to actually make each one run on a seperate core


second one - have you guys been able to run the gpu client with linux somehow so that your ati cards can fold or does that not work
xeon
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
W3520 x58 ud5 9800gtx+ tridents 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
wd black x2 W7 64 acer 23 ocz 850hx 
Case
haf932 
  hide details  
Reply
xeon
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
W3520 x58 ud5 9800gtx+ tridents 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
wd black x2 W7 64 acer 23 ocz 850hx 
Case
haf932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 4
Im not sure if the GPU clients are fully out yet are they ?
post #3 of 4
if your running an SMP kernel you should be able to change which core it works on in the system manager. If not, then I assume if you run it with the same tags as windows to change the core it uses, it should work. Let me check on it though
Studio Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 @ 2.6 Ghz I forget. nVidia 8400 2GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x320GB, 1x750GB CD/DVD+-RW Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 & Arch Linux 64bit 19inch Acer X193W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech UltraSlim Pathetic 350w Cube 2 Quid Bargain Bin Thing 
  hide details  
Reply
Studio Machine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 @ 2.6 Ghz I forget. nVidia 8400 2GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x320GB, 1x750GB CD/DVD+-RW Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 & Arch Linux 64bit 19inch Acer X193W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech UltraSlim Pathetic 350w Cube 2 Quid Bargain Bin Thing 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 4
Thread Starter 
heres a couple sanpshots from my desktop, i am pretty sure that it shows it running at full load on my cpu and the other is the load for the seperate apps, i set the renice to the same for both of them and it seems to be loading both at about the same, let me know if im doing something wrong here

thanks

edit: and another question on the cpu usage there is the part thats blue and the part thats yellow, can oneof you guys explain this to me, it says that the yellow is cpu load/nice load, orange is cpu load/system load, and blue is cpu load/user load, im not sure what the differences are of these

xeon
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
W3520 x58 ud5 9800gtx+ tridents 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
wd black x2 W7 64 acer 23 ocz 850hx 
Case
haf932 
  hide details  
Reply
xeon
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
W3520 x58 ud5 9800gtx+ tridents 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
wd black x2 W7 64 acer 23 ocz 850hx 
Case
haf932 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Linux, Unix