Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › WMO pcb into Abyssus: possible?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

WMO pcb into Abyssus: possible?

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
I love the Abyssus shape, and I love the WMO sensor. Can I take the WMO internals and install them into the Abyssus? If so, is there a link to a tutorial? I'm going to assume that these "mice surgeries" are all similar, so a well documented procedure involving 2 other mice could work I guess.
post #2 of 14
you can probably put the WMO internals into the abyssus, but if you're expecting it to be just taking the shell off and dropping it right into the abyssus, that's impossible and not going to happen. You'll need a dremel, superglue, and whatever else you need to cut bits of the inside to forcefully make it fit.
post #3 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamtam402 View Post

I love the Abyssus shape, and I love the WMO sensor. Can I take the WMO internals and install them into the Abyssus? If so, is there a link to a tutorial? I'm going to assume that these "mice surgeries" are all similar, so a well documented procedure involving 2 other mice could work I guess.

I would not expect any online tutorial or doc on how do do it, it's really not that common because most mouse innards are completely different and wont swap no matter how hard you try.
post #4 of 14
You cant put it in. Unfortunately the WMO pcb is a lot wider than the base of the abyssus/salmosa.

Plus, due to different mouse wheel implementations, you would loose the ability to scroll.

Aligning pcb's is a whole other headache. I for one, can tell you this, as I've made a few mods (G3 with mx518 internals, Explorer 3.0 with mx 518 internals, WMO with MX 518 and one with A4Tech internals.)
CoRE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 860 ASUS P7P55 LX Gigabyte 570GTX Kingston Value Ram 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Agility 2 120gb NEC Win7 Ultimate x64 Asus 27" vk 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries 7G Corsair 800w CoolerMaster Cosmos Razer Deathadder Black Edition 
Mouse Pad
Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
CoRE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core I7 860 ASUS P7P55 LX Gigabyte 570GTX Kingston Value Ram 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Agility 2 120gb NEC Win7 Ultimate x64 Asus 27" vk 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries 7G Corsair 800w CoolerMaster Cosmos Razer Deathadder Black Edition 
Mouse Pad
Puretrak Talent 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 14
Why not make a Kinzuadder? They are much more common and the Kinzu isnt really that different from the Abyssus. Ok, it is pretty different but atleast it's about as small as it.
post #6 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuFon View Post

Why not make a Kinzuadder? They are much more common and the Kinzu isnt really that different from the Abyssus. Ok, it is pretty different but atleast it's about as small as it.

Because I don't own a kinzu, and I don't own a death adder.

I already own the Abyssus and the WMO. I'm a mid-high sens FPS player and the WMO sensor is perfect for me (I can't hit malfunction speed, I don't hit the negative accel speed and I don't need more than 400 DPI).
post #7 of 14
I don't really see why you would want to... The Abyssus is one of the few flawless mice... and it has a 450 cpi setting.
Nemesis
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 875k MSI Fuzion P55 Nvidia GTX 480 3x2gb 1333mhz 
RAMRAMRAMOptical Drive
Kingston  Samsung  Kingston  LiteOn DVD DL Writer 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate 24" Samsung @1920x1080 Some Lenovo POS CPX 850w (the bus) 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
P183 Razer DeathAdder Black Edition Surface 1030 
  hide details  
Reply
Nemesis
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 875k MSI Fuzion P55 Nvidia GTX 480 3x2gb 1333mhz 
RAMRAMRAMOptical Drive
Kingston  Samsung  Kingston  LiteOn DVD DL Writer 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate 24" Samsung @1920x1080 Some Lenovo POS CPX 850w (the bus) 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
P183 Razer DeathAdder Black Edition Surface 1030 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xNEM3S1Sx View Post

I don't really see why you would want to... The Abyssus is one of the few flawless mice... and it has a 450 cpi setting.

Maybe if you have parkinson's disease and your hand shakes, otherwise the jitter is unacceptable. To think the Abyssus is flawless is a sign of low intelligence, this problem is worse than having heavy correction on a mouse.


Edited by tamtam402 - 8/6/12 at 2:15pm
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamtam402 View Post

Maybe if you have parkinson's disease and your hand shakes, otherwise the jitter is unacceptable. To think the Abyssus is flawless is a sign of low intelligence, this problem is worse than having heavy correction on a mouse.

I think it can be your talent mousepad. I have deathadder 3.5g which tracks worse on Talent. I changed it to Steelseries 5L hard mousepad and it tracks amazing on it. And it is easy to clean too.thumb.gif
post #10 of 14
http://www.esreality.com/index.php?a=post&id=1957088
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › WMO pcb into Abyssus: possible?