Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Would you like a separate Antec Eleven Hundred and P280 Official Thread / Club?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Would you like a separate Antec Eleven Hundred and P280 Official Thread / Club?

Poll Results: Would you like a separate Antec Eleven Hundred and P280 Official Thread / Club?

 
  • 93% (14)
    Yay
  • 6% (1)
    Nay
  • 0% (0)
    Whatever (don't care)
15 Total Votes  
post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
A simple question which is already well detailed in the title, would you like one? Yay or Nay?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
i know there is already an Antec XX00 Club but these 2 cases are from a new series of Antec, in fact their new flagship cases, which have barely any resemblance the the old XX00 cases. and the P280 has no real official thread.
"Black & Red"
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k ASUS Maximus V Formula Sapphire HD 7950 OC 950Mhz Edition G.Skill 16GB (2x8G) 1333Mhz 9-9-9-24 (F3-10666C... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB ASUS DRW-24B3ST DVD Burner Antec Kuhler 920 
PowerCase
Corsair AX 750 Corsair C70 
  hide details  
Reply
"Black & Red"
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k ASUS Maximus V Formula Sapphire HD 7950 OC 950Mhz Edition G.Skill 16GB (2x8G) 1333Mhz 9-9-9-24 (F3-10666C... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB ASUS DRW-24B3ST DVD Burner Antec Kuhler 920 
PowerCase
Corsair AX 750 Corsair C70 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 19
Thread Starter 
any more thoughts?
"Black & Red"
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k ASUS Maximus V Formula Sapphire HD 7950 OC 950Mhz Edition G.Skill 16GB (2x8G) 1333Mhz 9-9-9-24 (F3-10666C... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB ASUS DRW-24B3ST DVD Burner Antec Kuhler 920 
PowerCase
Corsair AX 750 Corsair C70 
  hide details  
Reply
"Black & Red"
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k ASUS Maximus V Formula Sapphire HD 7950 OC 950Mhz Edition G.Skill 16GB (2x8G) 1333Mhz 9-9-9-24 (F3-10666C... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB ASUS DRW-24B3ST DVD Burner Antec Kuhler 920 
PowerCase
Corsair AX 750 Corsair C70 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 19
Could be a good idea. I'm not as impressed with the P280 since owning it over about 4 months or so now as I would have hoped. Would be nice to see what other have done with theirs in regard to cooling and noise levels, and seeing what people have installed inside it.

The two cases in question are quite different from one another so i'm sure it could only be a good thing thumb.gif
NinjaP280
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 | 4.2 GHz | H100 Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R Gainward GTX 570 Phantom³ Corsair 6GB 1600MHz DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 830 [128GB] Win 7 64bt LG Flatron W2361V Corsair AX750 
CaseAudio
Antec P280 + AcoustipackUltimate SoundBlaster X-Fi Extreme | Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
NinjaP280
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 | 4.2 GHz | H100 Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R Gainward GTX 570 Phantom³ Corsair 6GB 1600MHz DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 830 [128GB] Win 7 64bt LG Flatron W2361V Corsair AX750 
CaseAudio
Antec P280 + AcoustipackUltimate SoundBlaster X-Fi Extreme | Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogiTekkers View Post

Could be a good idea. I'm not as impressed with the P280 since owning it over about 4 months or so now as I would have hoped. Would be nice to see what other have done with theirs in regard to cooling and noise levels, and seeing what people have installed inside it.
The two cases in question are quite different from one another so i'm sure it could only be a good thing thumb.gif

The P280 is impressive, IMO, because of its little details and size. it can fit an XL-ATX motherboard (and 11 expansion slots) and doesn't cost too much for it. (most XL-ATX compatible cases are on the expensive side)
it is simple and useful, and has good little features, like the psu filter removable from the side, the simple (aka for lazy people like me tongue.gif ) fan mounting system and accessible front filter, and pretty much all the modern features of a case that work.

the two aren't so different, if you look good enough at the P280 and the 1100 they are the same case by structure and overall design. the differences are in the top fan mount, the side panels and the front panel.



and if you want an example of what you can fit in a 1100 you can check out my log: "Black & Red"

or these sum up pics: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
7ab69f04_IMAG0496.jpeg
5d0f7eba_IMAG0494.jpeg
5e198703_IMAG0464.jpeg
[img][/img]
"Black & Red"
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k ASUS Maximus V Formula Sapphire HD 7950 OC 950Mhz Edition G.Skill 16GB (2x8G) 1333Mhz 9-9-9-24 (F3-10666C... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB ASUS DRW-24B3ST DVD Burner Antec Kuhler 920 
PowerCase
Corsair AX 750 Corsair C70 
  hide details  
Reply
"Black & Red"
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k ASUS Maximus V Formula Sapphire HD 7950 OC 950Mhz Edition G.Skill 16GB (2x8G) 1333Mhz 9-9-9-24 (F3-10666C... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB ASUS DRW-24B3ST DVD Burner Antec Kuhler 920 
PowerCase
Corsair AX 750 Corsair C70 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 19
Ah yeah they are pretty damn similar lol. I must have had the 1200 in my head or something. It is a great case, just a bit louder than I was hoping from my own experience with it so far. I believe the sound dampening on the side panels could be a bit better, more like that of the front door material.

It terms of overall features and aesthetics don't get me wrong I do love the case...Just not as quiet as I was hoping when advertised. Even on low speed the stock fans are quite audible to me anyway. New fans, fan controller and an ssd on the way this week so that should hopefully solve that. I may also buy some acoustipack if im still not happy. I need silence when browsing smile.gif
NinjaP280
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 | 4.2 GHz | H100 Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R Gainward GTX 570 Phantom³ Corsair 6GB 1600MHz DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 830 [128GB] Win 7 64bt LG Flatron W2361V Corsair AX750 
CaseAudio
Antec P280 + AcoustipackUltimate SoundBlaster X-Fi Extreme | Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
NinjaP280
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 | 4.2 GHz | H100 Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R Gainward GTX 570 Phantom³ Corsair 6GB 1600MHz DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 830 [128GB] Win 7 64bt LG Flatron W2361V Corsair AX750 
CaseAudio
Antec P280 + AcoustipackUltimate SoundBlaster X-Fi Extreme | Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogiTekkers View Post

Ah yeah they are pretty damn similar lol. I must have had the 1200 in my head or something. It is a great case, just a bit louder than I was hoping from my own experience with it so far. I believe the sound dampening on the side panels could be a bit better, more like that of the front door material.
It terms of overall features and aesthetics don't get me wrong I do love the case...Just not as quiet as I was hoping when advertised. Even on low speed the stock fans are quite audible to me anyway. New fans, fan controller and an ssd on the way this week so that should hopefully solve that. I may also buy some acoustipack if im still not happy. I need silence when browsing smile.gif

it is always like that, this the whole idea of marketing.

on my 1100 the fans are, to me that is, not audible. the back exhaust 120 fan runs at 1350rpm and is quite at that so i run it directly to a molex (and it is used as back side panel exhaust). the top 200 fan runs at 800rpm and it is quite but i still tone it down to its minimum of 350rpm to make more of a positive pressure.
"Black & Red"
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k ASUS Maximus V Formula Sapphire HD 7950 OC 950Mhz Edition G.Skill 16GB (2x8G) 1333Mhz 9-9-9-24 (F3-10666C... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB ASUS DRW-24B3ST DVD Burner Antec Kuhler 920 
PowerCase
Corsair AX 750 Corsair C70 
  hide details  
Reply
"Black & Red"
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k ASUS Maximus V Formula Sapphire HD 7950 OC 950Mhz Edition G.Skill 16GB (2x8G) 1333Mhz 9-9-9-24 (F3-10666C... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB ASUS DRW-24B3ST DVD Burner Antec Kuhler 920 
PowerCase
Corsair AX 750 Corsair C70 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 19
Yeah I understand the slightly exaggerated marketing used for some products these days. I just thought with the good rep of the older P-Series cases, and with other companies putting out such well reviewed 'silent' cases such as the Fractal Design, I would have thought Antec would have made a bit more of an effort to reduce overall noise output of the P280.

I mainly think it's down to the lack of soft dense side panel foam, mediocre stock fans which seems to be the case with most companies anyway. Also the feature that I think Antec missed with the P280, is sound insulated ports to cover the top fan holes would have been a nice addition. I think with the three stock exhaust fans, and the front door, it makes it basically a negative pressure case at stock, but if they supplied the ports for the top fans, it would keep it much quieter and also allow for positive air pressure and less dust. This case would be amazing if that was a feature.

Still a top quality case. I think making separate clubs for the two would make it easier to relate to each others builds, and how people have set up their own watercooling/airflow/noise reduction solutions in the two cases. If the groups stayed as one, it could be harder to reply to one another, projects and questions could start getting crossed over and confusing to follow after a while. That's my thoughts about it anyway thumb.gif
NinjaP280
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 | 4.2 GHz | H100 Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R Gainward GTX 570 Phantom³ Corsair 6GB 1600MHz DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 830 [128GB] Win 7 64bt LG Flatron W2361V Corsair AX750 
CaseAudio
Antec P280 + AcoustipackUltimate SoundBlaster X-Fi Extreme | Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
NinjaP280
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 | 4.2 GHz | H100 Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R Gainward GTX 570 Phantom³ Corsair 6GB 1600MHz DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 830 [128GB] Win 7 64bt LG Flatron W2361V Corsair AX750 
CaseAudio
Antec P280 + AcoustipackUltimate SoundBlaster X-Fi Extreme | Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogiTekkers View Post

Yeah I understand the slightly exaggerated marketing used for some products these days. I just thought with the good rep of the older P-Series cases, and with other companies putting out such well reviewed 'silent' cases such as the Fractal Design, I would have thought Antec would have made a bit more of an effort to reduce overall noise output of the P280.
I mainly think it's down to the lack of soft dense side panel foam, mediocre stock fans which seems to be the case with most companies anyway. Also the feature that I think Antec missed with the P280, is sound insulated ports to cover the top fan holes would have been a nice addition. I think with the three stock exhaust fans, and the front door, it makes it basically a negative pressure case at stock, but if they supplied the ports for the top fans, it would keep it much quieter and also allow for positive air pressure and less dust. This case would be amazing if that was a feature.
Still a top quality case. I think making separate clubs for the two would make it easier to relate to each others builds, and how people have set up their own watercooling/airflow/noise reduction solutions in the two cases. If the groups stayed as one, it could be harder to reply to one another, projects and questions could start getting crossed over and confusing to follow after a while. That's my thoughts about it anyway thumb.gif

i think you should take a look at this article: The Big Air Cooling Investigation
it states that with a limited number of fans (3 or less) it is best for cooling to use exhaust only, and side or bottom intake if possible as a secondary option.
TBH, i think that the lack of front fans might be a good thing, you are already pushed to choose your own fans which most people on this forum do so anyway. (and the negative pressure on that case shouldn't make too much dust, since the only opening is the front and it is filtered)

on the separate clubs, we already have combined clubs like the Corsair Obsidian 800D / 700D / 650D / 550D or the Carbide 300R / 400R / 500R or the CM HAF 912/922/932/X so i think it isn't such a bad idea of making one club for the two cases. (which will make him bigger too)
"Black & Red"
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k ASUS Maximus V Formula Sapphire HD 7950 OC 950Mhz Edition G.Skill 16GB (2x8G) 1333Mhz 9-9-9-24 (F3-10666C... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB ASUS DRW-24B3ST DVD Burner Antec Kuhler 920 
PowerCase
Corsair AX 750 Corsair C70 
  hide details  
Reply
"Black & Red"
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-3570k ASUS Maximus V Formula Sapphire HD 7950 OC 950Mhz Edition G.Skill 16GB (2x8G) 1333Mhz 9-9-9-24 (F3-10666C... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB SSD Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB ASUS DRW-24B3ST DVD Burner Antec Kuhler 920 
PowerCase
Corsair AX 750 Corsair C70 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 19
True. Also their is already the Performance One owners thread so I suppose it doesn't matter either way.

I'm pretty sure that there are too many variables involved to state from one experiment that the best way to cool components is to just use exhausts fans. I've spent plenty of time changing the fan configuration in this case with various fans and locations, my temps were significantly better using two intake fans and an exhaust. Either way, it totally depends on the individuals components, what case they have, what cpu cooler they use, does their gpu exhaust out the back, psu up or down etc etc, the list goes on. Also whether their aim is low noise output or performance. I'll have a read through that experiment though as it sounds interesting from having a quick look. Thanks for that thumb.gif
NinjaP280
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 | 4.2 GHz | H100 Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R Gainward GTX 570 Phantom³ Corsair 6GB 1600MHz DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 830 [128GB] Win 7 64bt LG Flatron W2361V Corsair AX750 
CaseAudio
Antec P280 + AcoustipackUltimate SoundBlaster X-Fi Extreme | Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
NinjaP280
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 | 4.2 GHz | H100 Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R Gainward GTX 570 Phantom³ Corsair 6GB 1600MHz DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung 830 [128GB] Win 7 64bt LG Flatron W2361V Corsair AX750 
CaseAudio
Antec P280 + AcoustipackUltimate SoundBlaster X-Fi Extreme | Logitech Z-5500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 19
Make a P280/1100 Club. I would be in. Looking at it now I should maybe have gone for the 1100 vs P280 but whatevs.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Would you like a separate Antec Eleven Hundred and P280 Official Thread / Club?