Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Asus VG278HE 144Hz (in stock)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus VG278HE 144Hz (in stock) - Page 21

post #201 of 330
For gaming yeah 100%. Had a quick bash on BF3 (single player) and again the bullets flying towards me at 144fps was stunning. Just moving about feels fast and responsive. It's almost like switching mouse pads - going from a rough surface then to something very smooth. I think it would also depend on what sort of setup you have. I have 2 MSI GTX 670 Power Editions which can maintain 144fps on BF3 if I dial some of the settings down. I don't know what rig you have and what games you play but you might need to factor in the upgrading costs too.

Video is 1080p so the differences between the 2 should be similar. I used sRBG on my U2410 and it's not calibrated well but for desktop use, it's crisp and 1200p looks really good too.

If I were to compare the 2 using a poor analogy (it's 3:30am here), it's like 2 identical cars. One is brand new in the showroom, all sparkly and looks nice (U2410) and the other needs a clean but it's tuned up so slightly faster.

That probably made no sense but I will get some pics up tomorrow for you like I said.
Edited by tiger style - 9/12/12 at 7:30pm
post #202 of 330
thanks Tiger, looking for more further analysis from you tomorrow!
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4670k 4.6GHz 1.24v Asus Maximus VI Hero EVGA GTX 780 ACX x2 SLI 16gb G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 PRO 256gb Noctua NH-D15 Windows 8.1 PRO 64 Bit Dell UltraSharp U3011 30inch 2560x1600 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-850 80+ Gold Cooler Master HAF X Logitech G602 Corsair Vengeance MM200 
AudioAudio
Schiit Modi USB DAC External Sound Card Corsair SP2500 2.1 Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4670k 4.6GHz 1.24v Asus Maximus VI Hero EVGA GTX 780 ACX x2 SLI 16gb G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 PRO 256gb Noctua NH-D15 Windows 8.1 PRO 64 Bit Dell UltraSharp U3011 30inch 2560x1600 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-850 80+ Gold Cooler Master HAF X Logitech G602 Corsair Vengeance MM200 
AudioAudio
Schiit Modi USB DAC External Sound Card Corsair SP2500 2.1 Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #203 of 330
Just ordered one from Amazon before they start charging tax, I will see how it compares to a U2711. I am looking forward to the higher refresh rate while staying at the same 27 inch size!
post #204 of 330
are there 2versions of this monitor? seem to be one with speakers right?
post #205 of 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger style View Post

For gaming yeah 100%. Had a quick bash on BF3 (single player) and again the bullets flying towards me at 144fps was stunning. Just moving about feels fast and responsive. It's almost like switching mouse pads - going from a rough surface then to something very smooth. I think it would also depend on what sort of setup you have. I have 2 MSI GTX 670 Power Editions which can maintain 144fps on BF3 if I dial some of the settings down. I don't know what rig you have and what games you play but you might need to factor in the upgrading costs too.
Video is 1080p so the differences between the 2 should be similar. I used sRBG on my U2410 and it's not calibrated well but for desktop use, it's crisp and 1200p looks really good too.
If I were to compare the 2 using a poor analogy (it's 3:30am here), it's like 2 identical cars. One is brand new in the showroom, all sparkly and looks nice (U2410) and the other needs a clean but it's tuned up so slightly faster.
That probably made no sense but I will get some pics up tomorrow for you like I said.

How do you find the image quality and colors compared to the U2410?

How is text, would you work on the Asus or is the U2410 better for this?
Gaming Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 5820k Stock clocks Gigabyte X99 UD4 2x EVGA GTX 1080 FE SLI  Corsair 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 2133MHz CL13 Vengean... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 530 M.2 SSD 180GB OS + Samsung 850 EVO st... Mugen 4 push pull Win 7 64bit home prem Acer 27" XG270HU 144hz TN + LG Oled 4k TV 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA T2 1600W Fractal XL R2 CM Xornet Steelseries Qck+ 45cm black 
Audio
Sennheiser RS185 wireless headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 5820k Stock clocks Gigabyte X99 UD4 2x EVGA GTX 1080 FE SLI  Corsair 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 2133MHz CL13 Vengean... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 530 M.2 SSD 180GB OS + Samsung 850 EVO st... Mugen 4 push pull Win 7 64bit home prem Acer 27" XG270HU 144hz TN + LG Oled 4k TV 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA T2 1600W Fractal XL R2 CM Xornet Steelseries Qck+ 45cm black 
Audio
Sennheiser RS185 wireless headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #206 of 330
Due to the increased pixel pitch and lack of contrast, text isn't that great on the Asus VG278h. It is unsuitable for text based work imo.
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k @ 4.4ghz Asus Z77 Deluxe GTX970 SLI 24GB 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB270HU CM QuickFire Red - PBT white keycaps Seasonic X-850 Raven RV02 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Roccat Savu Zowie P-TF Onkyo SE-90 Marantz PM7003 amplifier 
OtherOther
Wharfedale 10.1 speakers Sennheiser HD598 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k @ 4.4ghz Asus Z77 Deluxe GTX970 SLI 24GB 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB270HU CM QuickFire Red - PBT white keycaps Seasonic X-850 Raven RV02 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Roccat Savu Zowie P-TF Onkyo SE-90 Marantz PM7003 amplifier 
OtherOther
Wharfedale 10.1 speakers Sennheiser HD598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #207 of 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandpatzer View Post

How do you find the image quality and colors compared to the U2410?
How is text, would you work on the Asus or is the U2410 better for this?

Definitely the U2410 has better colours and image quality.





Oh God, my blinds look disgusting - failed attempt to clean them several months ago. Where's the embarrassed smilie..

In the second pic the Asus is a few inches further back than the Dell. Both are tilted at roughly the same angle.

I noticed during the loading screen for Crysis 2 the bad backlight bleed. It took some of the excitement away and left me disappointed. I had it on the U2410 too but this is a lot worse. Non on the top of the screen, noticable on both sides and very bad along the bottom of the screen. If I were watching a film I reckon it'd be quite distracting. Gaming smoothness is sublime though.
Edited by tiger style - 9/13/12 at 7:06am
post #208 of 330
The U2410's "better colours," are the result of it being a wide gamut display= over-saturated & inaccurate colours. It looks awful in the above image and is way too red. Switch it to sRGB mode, then compare. Games & movies are not created for extended colour spaces.
Edited by MenacingTuba - 9/13/12 at 10:49am
Dr. Tesla
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX Zotac GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme Patriot Viper 3 Series, Sapphire Blue Edition D... 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate X-Star DP2710 Glossy Qnix QX2710 Matte 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Viewsonic VP2780-4K HP 25er Razer Black Widow Ultimate Antec HCP 1200w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-P80 Razer Lachesis Roccat Sense Glacier Blue Beyerdynamic T90 Jubilee 
Audio
Essence HDACC 
  hide details  
Reply
Dr. Tesla
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX Zotac GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme Patriot Viper 3 Series, Sapphire Blue Edition D... 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate X-Star DP2710 Glossy Qnix QX2710 Matte 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Viewsonic VP2780-4K HP 25er Razer Black Widow Ultimate Antec HCP 1200w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-P80 Razer Lachesis Roccat Sense Glacier Blue Beyerdynamic T90 Jubilee 
Audio
Essence HDACC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #209 of 330
It is sRGB. It's either the light in the room or the camera.

I took this pic at the same time as the others but didn't post it for obvious reasons:



It looks nothing like that of course.

edit: please note the last 2 pics were taken in a rush and on a compact camera. I would have liked to covey the colour differences but I what I wanted to show was the size between the two and 1080p and 1200p differences, which i have failed to do.
Edited by tiger style - 9/13/12 at 11:25am
post #210 of 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger style View Post

Definitely the U2410 has better colours and image quality.


Oh God, my blinds look disgusting - failed attempt to clean them several months ago. Where's the embarrassed smilie..
In the second pic the Asus is a few inches further back than the Dell. Both are tilted at roughly the same angle.
I noticed during the loading screen for Crysis 2 the bad backlight bleed. It took some of the excitement away and left me disappointed. I had it on the U2410 too but this is a lot worse. Non on the top of the screen, noticable on both sides and very bad along the bottom of the screen. If I were watching a film I reckon it'd be quite distracting. Gaming smoothness is sublime though.
The Asus looks way better to me o_o
129
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-760 Gigabyte P55A-UD3 Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X  
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
120GB OCZ Vertex 2 Extended Noctua NH-D14 Yamakasi Catleap 27" IPS 1440p 120Hz - 2B Ducky DK9008 Shine Cherry MX Brown - White LED 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
600W OCZ StealthXStream 2 HAF 912 Logitech G400 Sennheiser HD 600 
Audio
ODAC/O2 Amplifier 
  hide details  
Reply
129
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-760 Gigabyte P55A-UD3 Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X  
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorKeyboard
120GB OCZ Vertex 2 Extended Noctua NH-D14 Yamakasi Catleap 27" IPS 1440p 120Hz - 2B Ducky DK9008 Shine Cherry MX Brown - White LED 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
600W OCZ StealthXStream 2 HAF 912 Logitech G400 Sennheiser HD 600 
Audio
ODAC/O2 Amplifier 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Asus VG278HE 144Hz (in stock)