Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide ► Asus Motherboards
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide ► Asus Motherboards - Page 79

post #781 of 6764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exostenza View Post

I am running 4.4ghz with 1.168v 13 hours prime stable. I noticed that when I messed with anything pertaining to C states that my computer became unstable and now that I have left all of the options on default with 1616 I am running my previous OC at a lower voltage as I needed 1.2v to be stable on 1504.
LLC is at the second highest option and I am using an offset voltage (-0.35) . My CPU always hits 4.4ghz when needed and has no issues what so ever with having the C states not disabled and never had.
I hear people talking about them and in the OP it says to disable them, but I must say I have found the complete opposite to be true for me.
I am still actually using 1504 and I have C states disabled ,as that seems to be a must ,with my i7 860. Also ,where do I find the settings to offset the voltage ?Should I update to 1616? I just lowered my vcore to 1.25 at 4.6Ghz ,and have been running IBT and coming up stable ,but I feel I have a long way to go before I fully understand Ivy Bridge.
Ivy Tower
(18 items)
 
Commie Killer
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K ivy bridge @4.4 Ghz Asus Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte GTX 980 Corsair Vengance DDR-3 PC1500 (1866Mhz) 16G... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair force 3 WD caviar Black  WD caviar Blue Liteon DVD/R 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H-80 W/C CPU Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate BenQ XL2420TX 3D 120Hz Gaming Monitor Razer Anasi gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX850M 850W Cooler Master HAF 932 Logitech G-300 gaming mouse stock 
Other
Nvidia 3D vision2 Glasses 
  hide details  
Reply
Ivy Tower
(18 items)
 
Commie Killer
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K ivy bridge @4.4 Ghz Asus Sabertooth Z77 Gigabyte GTX 980 Corsair Vengance DDR-3 PC1500 (1866Mhz) 16G... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair force 3 WD caviar Black  WD caviar Blue Liteon DVD/R 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H-80 W/C CPU Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate BenQ XL2420TX 3D 120Hz Gaming Monitor Razer Anasi gaming Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX850M 850W Cooler Master HAF 932 Logitech G-300 gaming mouse stock 
Other
Nvidia 3D vision2 Glasses 
  hide details  
Reply
post #782 of 6764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

Temps are quite high @ 4.5ghz - 1.265 vcore (i think)
3hrs stable for the time being though smile.gif!

Time to delid, check out my results in my sig running (iGPU) an air cooler! I'm going to OC tonight now that I have so much more headroom do to the delidding, trust me it sounds hard but really isn't as hard as it sounds. That's just your fear kicking in, don't let fear win you over! My advice use that very thin double sided shavers blade that has cutouts in center, it sliced through the glue like it was butter. You can get them at any pharmacy, there used in the old fashion shavers.

Does updating your BIOS version change much of your overclocking headroom?
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Delidded i7 3770K @4.5GHz Asus Maximus V Extreme EVGA GeForce GTX 480 Corsair Dominator GT 8GB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 SSD 256GB Asus DVD Burner DRW-1814BLT Custom Water Cooling Loop Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC 19" MultiSync 1970GX Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Seasonic X-1250 Power Supply Case Labs STH10 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G9 FUNC ID. 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Delidded i7 3770K @4.5GHz Asus Maximus V Extreme EVGA GeForce GTX 480 Corsair Dominator GT 8GB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 SSD 256GB Asus DVD Burner DRW-1814BLT Custom Water Cooling Loop Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC 19" MultiSync 1970GX Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Seasonic X-1250 Power Supply Case Labs STH10 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G9 FUNC ID. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #783 of 6764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemlord View Post

Time to delid, check out my results in my sig running (iGPU) an air cooler! I'm going to OC tonight now that I have so much more headroom do to the delidding, trust me it sounds hard but really isn't as hard as it sounds. That's just your fear kicking in, don't let fear win you over! My advice use that very thin double sided shavers blade that has cutouts in center, it sliced through the glue like it was butter. You can get them at any pharmacy, there used in the old fashion shavers.
Does updating your BIOS version change much of your overclocking headroom?

It does actually. I have seen differences in stability with my bios updates. Hence my 5.5 lol thumb.gif
post #784 of 6764
Since delidding my CPU lastnight I tried to go from 4.5GHz - 4.7GHz and switched to manual mode for vcore, went from 1.28V which is what it takes to remain stable on my current overclock of 4.5GHz, made several small steps that stated an unstable system until I got to 1.35V vcore and Windows just went to a black screen using IBT. Temps didn't exceed 75C on all cores, so why so dramatic OC fail? Everything was set to Swag's settings in his overclocking guide.

Vcore 1.35V
PPL= 1.7
DRAM= 1.5 1333MHz

Appreciate any help!

Systemlord.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Delidded i7 3770K @4.5GHz Asus Maximus V Extreme EVGA GeForce GTX 480 Corsair Dominator GT 8GB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 SSD 256GB Asus DVD Burner DRW-1814BLT Custom Water Cooling Loop Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC 19" MultiSync 1970GX Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Seasonic X-1250 Power Supply Case Labs STH10 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G9 FUNC ID. 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Delidded i7 3770K @4.5GHz Asus Maximus V Extreme EVGA GeForce GTX 480 Corsair Dominator GT 8GB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 SSD 256GB Asus DVD Burner DRW-1814BLT Custom Water Cooling Loop Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC 19" MultiSync 1970GX Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Seasonic X-1250 Power Supply Case Labs STH10 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G9 FUNC ID. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #785 of 6764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemlord View Post

Since delidding my CPU lastnight I tried to go from 4.5GHz - 4.7GHz and switched to manual mode for vcore, went from 1.28V which is what it takes to remain stable on my current overclock of 4.5GHz, made several small steps that stated an unstable system until I got to 1.35V vcore and Windows just went to a black screen using IBT. Temps didn't exceed 75C on all cores, so why so dramatic OC fail? Everything was set to Swag's settings in his overclocking guide.
Vcore 1.35V
PPL= 1.7
DRAM= 1.5 1333MHz
Appreciate any help!
Systemlord.

Every chip is different so you cant always do someone elses setting plus 4.6-4.7 require some big vcore jumps.
post #786 of 6764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgaur View Post

Every chip is different so you cant always do someone elses setting plus 4.6-4.7 require some big vcore jumps.

So I'm assuming I hit a voltage wall that requires a lot more vcore to get over this wall? Am I at a point where LLC andor PPL needs a higher setting?
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Delidded i7 3770K @4.5GHz Asus Maximus V Extreme EVGA GeForce GTX 480 Corsair Dominator GT 8GB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 SSD 256GB Asus DVD Burner DRW-1814BLT Custom Water Cooling Loop Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC 19" MultiSync 1970GX Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Seasonic X-1250 Power Supply Case Labs STH10 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G9 FUNC ID. 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Delidded i7 3770K @4.5GHz Asus Maximus V Extreme EVGA GeForce GTX 480 Corsair Dominator GT 8GB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 SSD 256GB Asus DVD Burner DRW-1814BLT Custom Water Cooling Loop Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC 19" MultiSync 1970GX Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Seasonic X-1250 Power Supply Case Labs STH10 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G9 FUNC ID. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #787 of 6764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemlord View Post

So I'm assuming I hit a voltage wall that requires a lot more vcore to get over this wall? Am I at a point where LLC andor PPL needs a higher setting?

Yes for the PLL I set mine to 1.5 from 4.6 and lower then 1.6 for 4.7 and 1.7 and up for the rest.

Here maybe this will help more. These are all my bench marks to find my OC's from 4Ghz to 5 Ghz. I only touched vcore and Pll and multi...thats it.
OC bench results (Click to show)
GOT @5.05 bclk 101
1.520
1.80 pll
91 103 104 98

GOT @5.0
1.480
1.70 pll
87 94 97 93

@4.9
1.400
1.60 pll
84 92 90 86
after
1.400
1.50 pll
72 83 84 82

@4.8
1.355
1.50 pll
78 83 83 81
after
1.355
1.50 pll
71 77 80 78

@ 4.7
1.300
1.45 pll
72 75 76 73
after
1.290
1.45 pll
64 69 72 70

@4.6
1.260
1.50 pll
67 71 72 69
after
1.260
1.50 pll
63 68 70 68

@4.5
1.210
1.50 pll
64 66 68 67
after
1.210
1.50 pll
61 64 67 65

@4.4
1.190
1.50 pll
61 64 65 63
after
1.180
1.50 pll
58 60 64 63

@4.3
1.145
1.50 pll
58 61 63 60
after
1.145
1.50 pll
55 57 60 59

@4.2
1.120
1.50 pll
53 56 59 57
after
1.120
1.50 pll
53 56 58 58

@4.1
1.090
1.50 pll
52 55 57 57
after
1.090
1.50 pll
51 53 56 56

@4.0
1.060
1.5 pll
51 52 55 56
after
1.060
1.50 pll
49 49 54 54

Edited by Valgaur - 10/30/12 at 11:38pm
post #788 of 6764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgaur View Post

Yes for the PLL I set mine to 1.5 from 4.6 and lower then 1.6 for 4.7 and 1.7 and up for the rest.
Here maybe this will help more. These are all my bench marks to find my OC's from 4Ghz to 5 Ghz. I only touched vcore and Pll and multi...thats it. OC bench results (Click to show)
GOT @5.05 bclk 101
1.520
1.80 pll
91 103 104 98
GOT @5.0
1.480
1.70 pll
87 94 97 93
@4.9
1.400
1.60 pll
84 92 90 86
after
1.400
1.50 pll
72 83 84 82
@4.8
1.355
1.50 pll
78 83 83 81
after
1.355
1.50 pll
71 77 80 78
@ 4.7
1.300
1.45 pll
72 75 76 73
after
1.290
1.45 pll
64 69 72 70
@4.6
1.260
1.50 pll
67 71 72 69
after
1.260
1.50 pll
63 68 70 68
@4.5
1.210
1.50 pll
64 66 68 67
after
1.210
1.50 pll
61 64 67 65
@4.4
1.190
1.50 pll
61 64 65 63
after
1.180
1.50 pll
58 60 64 63
@4.3
1.145
1.50 pll
58 61 63 60
after
1.145
1.50 pll
55 57 60 59
@4.2
1.120
1.50 pll
53 56 59 57
after
1.120
1.50 pll
53 56 58 58
@4.1
1.090
1.50 pll
52 55 57 57
after
1.090
1.50 pll
51 53 56 56
@4.0
1.060
1.5 pll
51 52 55 56
after
1.060
1.50 pll
49 49 54 54

Still using iGPU, wonder if that's a factor in my overclocking... PPL has been set to 1.7V since the very beginning. What is considered a healthy safe max Vcore voltage for someone that can keep temps low, say like a high-end watering loop with a delidded CPU?
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Delidded i7 3770K @4.5GHz Asus Maximus V Extreme EVGA GeForce GTX 480 Corsair Dominator GT 8GB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 SSD 256GB Asus DVD Burner DRW-1814BLT Custom Water Cooling Loop Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC 19" MultiSync 1970GX Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Seasonic X-1250 Power Supply Case Labs STH10 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G9 FUNC ID. 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Delidded i7 3770K @4.5GHz Asus Maximus V Extreme EVGA GeForce GTX 480 Corsair Dominator GT 8GB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 SSD 256GB Asus DVD Burner DRW-1814BLT Custom Water Cooling Loop Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
NEC 19" MultiSync 1970GX Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Seasonic X-1250 Power Supply Case Labs STH10 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G9 FUNC ID. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #789 of 6764
i remember mrtoyotaco saying he couldnt even change pll
to anything else then 1.8V..

and someone told me with higher oc's, to leave it on 1.8,
only reason why peeps change pll, is to make oc more stable(sometimes)
and to get(a bit) lower temps, but you dont have that problem smile.gif

1.3-1.35V vcore, is considered safe..
i dont think running upto 1.4V vcore would be a problem,
its still long way from highest vcore intel says, 1.52V

but you know how is goes, some say stay below 1.3V,
others say 1.45V should still be fine..guess its somewhere in the middle of that..lol
for me personally, a daily oc 1.3-1.35V vcore is good, with 4.6-4.7ghz
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
post #790 of 6764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemlord View Post

Still using iGPU, wonder if that's a factor in my overclocking... PPL has been set to 1.7V since the very beginning. What is considered a healthy safe max Vcore voltage for someone that can keep temps low, say like a high-end watering loop with a delidded CPU?

i remember mrtoyotaco saying he couldnt even change pll
to anything else then 1.8V..

and someone told me with higher oc's, to leave it on 1.8,
only reason why peeps change pll, is to make oc more stable(sometimes)
and to get(a bit) lower temps, but you dont have that problem smile.gif

1.3-1.35V vcore, is considered safe..
i dont think running upto 1.4V vcore would be a problem,
its still long way from highest vcore intel says, 1.52V

but you know how is goes, some say stay below 1.3V,
others say 1.45V should still be fine..guess its somewhere in the middle of that..lol
for me personally, a daily oc 1.3-1.35V vcore is good, with 4.6-4.7ghz
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
BamBam
(17 items)
 
Pebbles
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 my kids rig :) Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 Gigabyte 7970 windforce Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
500gb OZC vertex 4  Scythe Mugen 3 rev b windows 8.1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer 23 inch logitech G510 XFX ProSeries 750W XXX Edition Cooler Master CM 690 II 
MouseAudio
dell  Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide ► Asus Motherboards