Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide ► Asus Motherboards
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide ► Asus Motherboards - Page 86

post #851 of 6763
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1ksthlm View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks man, i decided for a 4.4 overclock with voltage manually set to 1.22 and i also lowered the CPU PLL voltage to 1.70000. Currently running blend which i will leave on for the next 12 hours then.
If it's still alive and kicking after that i can go ahead and adjust the offset and i'm set? If not i increase the voltage with baby steps. Think i got it!
Edit: Ugh, already hit 79c on two cores. Should i abort prime95 if i get over 80?

my prime went to 92c tongue.gif
And that's with a antec 920.

and yes that's the idea
My Silent Beauty
(23 items)
 
Byte Sized
(15 items)
 
Reply
My Silent Beauty
(23 items)
 
Byte Sized
(15 items)
 
Reply
post #852 of 6763
What about the voltage then ultimately? Should i maybe try to lower it slightly before offset mode or is that a good voltage for my frequency?

Edit: Can't help but feel your avatar is aimed at me. tongue.gif
post #853 of 6763
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1ksthlm View Post

What about the voltage then ultimately? Should i maybe try to lower it slightly before offset mode or is that a good voltage for my frequency?
Edit: Can't help but feel your avatar is aimed at me. tongue.gif

nop keep it at where it is - prime it.
And yes it is a little aimed towards you, but for other reasons rolleyes.gif
My Silent Beauty
(23 items)
 
Byte Sized
(15 items)
 
Reply
My Silent Beauty
(23 items)
 
Byte Sized
(15 items)
 
Reply
post #854 of 6763
The fact that my core voltage jumps between 1.22 and 1.24 during stresstesting is normal even when it's manually set to 1.22?
post #855 of 6763
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1ksthlm View Post

The fact that my core voltage jumps between 1.22 and 1.24 during stresstesting is normal even when it's manually set to 1.22?

that's LLC kicking in - yes
My Silent Beauty
(23 items)
 
Byte Sized
(15 items)
 
Reply
My Silent Beauty
(23 items)
 
Byte Sized
(15 items)
 
Reply
post #856 of 6763
alright, so far everything seems to be going a bit too smoothly. it's probably the calm before the storm.
can't thank you enough though, been really helpful smile.gif
post #857 of 6763
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1ksthlm View Post

alright, so far everything seems to be going a bit too smoothly. it's probably the calm before the storm.
can't thank you enough though, been really helpful smile.gif

pleasure mate.
My Silent Beauty
(23 items)
 
Byte Sized
(15 items)
 
Reply
My Silent Beauty
(23 items)
 
Byte Sized
(15 items)
 
Reply
post #858 of 6763
About a few months ago Swag help me oc my i5-3570k to 4.5 mhz and it's been awesome. I have an opportunity to get and i7-3770K, my question is- would I be able to leave my BIOS settings as they are and replace the CPUs and then adjust the voltage to see where the new CPU will be stable.
New Rig
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Sabertooth Z77 GTX 480 Corsair Vengence  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 4 Corsair H100 Windows 7 Pro Samsung 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MK320 Corsair Enthusiast 850 Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Logitech 610 
  hide details  
Reply
New Rig
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Sabertooth Z77 GTX 480 Corsair Vengence  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 4 Corsair H100 Windows 7 Pro Samsung 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MK320 Corsair Enthusiast 850 Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Logitech 610 
  hide details  
Reply
post #859 of 6763
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCIN808 View Post

About a few months ago Swag help me oc my i5-3570k to 4.5 mhz and it's been awesome. I have an opportunity to get and i7-3770K, my question is- would I be able to leave my BIOS settings as they are and replace the CPUs and then adjust the voltage to see where the new CPU will be stable.

Your BIOS may load the default settings for your 3770K or your rig may not POST. I would save a profile either in the BIOS or onto a removable flash drive for your 3570K just in case. That way you could always return to it later if needed.
post #860 of 6763
I like the idea of saving to a flash drive, can you provide instructions on how to do this?

If I change the CPU and the bios loads the default setting can I just load back the saved profile? and then find stable for the new CPU?

Will I have to reinstall my OS?

Thank you.
New Rig
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Sabertooth Z77 GTX 480 Corsair Vengence  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 4 Corsair H100 Windows 7 Pro Samsung 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MK320 Corsair Enthusiast 850 Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Logitech 610 
  hide details  
Reply
New Rig
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K Sabertooth Z77 GTX 480 Corsair Vengence  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 4 Corsair H100 Windows 7 Pro Samsung 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MK320 Corsair Enthusiast 850 Cooler Master Storm Enforcer Logitech 610 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide ► Asus Motherboards