Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] 1440p and Above Gaming Club (1440p+)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] 1440p and Above Gaming Club (1440p+) - Page 101

post #1001 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cykososhull View Post

Is 550$ for a manufacturer refurbished U2711 27" Ultrasharp Widescreen Matte LCD Display P/N: (D971T) an ok price? What about $600 for a used non-refurbished? I want to upgrade from 1080p considering I hear everyone say there is no reason ever go back. All I do is game and the occasional movie now and again.

Id go factory refurb unless you personally know the history of the plain used one, and yah it's a pretty good price. They're $775 new, if you don't mind the matte finish I'd go for it, connectivity options are great. Also yes, once you sit on 1440p for 2 days you'll never want to downgrade.
Edited by Azefore - 10/17/12 at 6:59pm
Kaga (WIP)
(22 items)
 
   
GraphicsRAMMonitorPower
1080Ti x2 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666 (64GB Total) Acer Predator X34P or Equivalent Seasonic Snow Silent - 1050w 
OtherOtherOther
Custom Acrylic Engraving Straight 8 Pin cables + Cable Combs 3x EK-Vardar F2, 2x Replacement Front 140mm 
  hide details  
Reply
Kaga (WIP)
(22 items)
 
   
GraphicsRAMMonitorPower
1080Ti x2 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666 (64GB Total) Acer Predator X34P or Equivalent Seasonic Snow Silent - 1050w 
OtherOtherOther
Custom Acrylic Engraving Straight 8 Pin cables + Cable Combs 3x EK-Vardar F2, 2x Replacement Front 140mm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1002 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cykososhull View Post

Is 550$ for a manufacturer refurbished U2711 27" Ultrasharp Widescreen Matte LCD Display P/N: (D971T) an ok price? What about $600 for a used non-refurbished? I want to upgrade from 1080p considering I hear everyone say there is no reason ever go back. All I do is game and the occasional movie now and again.

Fairly nice price to be honest, I got mine earlier this year from the outlet in the $700s range. I am sure many people here will recommend with go Korean IPS panel way but for that price I think the Dell is superior.
post #1003 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrgtit View Post

Thanks for the feedback iARDAs...trying to determine whether to get another 2gb 680, possibly a 4gb 680 or wait for next gen.

Here's a pic for the club...U3011 run by EVGA GTX680 (reference)...flanked by 2007FPs.

 

Welcome and added to the club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookster View Post

I'm not about to take another picture for the sake of proving this is my build, so you can keep me off the official spreadsheet at your discretion.

7680x1440 on Crossfired 6950's.

Well I normally allow if a person does not have any means to take a picture of his/her setup but man come on, I can see your smartphone in the picture biggrin.gif

 

Anyway, you are a member more than a year so I will trust you.

 

@ everyone else

 

If anyone provided a pictrure and I did not add him/her please let me know. Thank you

post #1004 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azefore View Post

Id go factory refurb unless you personally know the history of the plain used one, and yah it's a pretty good price. They're $775 new, if you don't mind the matte finish I'd go for it, connectivity options are great. Also yes, once you sit on 1440p for 2 days you'll never want to downgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgtrance View Post

Fairly nice price to be honest, I got mine earlier this year from the outlet in the $700s range. I am sure many people here will recommend with go Korean IPS panel way but for that price I think the Dell is superior.

Shoot. I can't decide to pull the trigger on buying it, especially with black Friday around the corner. I'm convincing myself to just holdout another month.
Never Enough
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon 5650 4Ghz@1.26 Asus P6X58D Premium Sapphire R9 Fury  12GB Corsair XMS 3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1 TB 7200 + Crucial M4 64gb Crucial M4 Crucial MX 300 Plextor 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H50 Win 7 Dell u2711 G510 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Modded Antec CP-850 Modded Antec 1200 DeathAdder Whats that? 
Audio
Yamaha RX-V373 
  hide details  
Reply
Never Enough
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon 5650 4Ghz@1.26 Asus P6X58D Premium Sapphire R9 Fury  12GB Corsair XMS 3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Seagate 1 TB 7200 + Crucial M4 64gb Crucial M4 Crucial MX 300 Plextor 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H50 Win 7 Dell u2711 G510 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Modded Antec CP-850 Modded Antec 1200 DeathAdder Whats that? 
Audio
Yamaha RX-V373 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1005 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookster View Post

I'm not about to take another picture for the sake of proving this is my build, so you can keep me off the official spreadsheet at your discretion. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
7680x1440 on Crossfired 6950's.

If you would have just posted the pic and said hi, probably would have been cool. But makes it suspicious that you come out of the gate with the attitude. thinking.gif
post #1006 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCModderMike View Post

If you would have just posted the pic and said hi, probably would have been cool. But makes it suspicious that you come out of the gate with the attitude. thinking.gif

Why would anyone fake a build or lie about owning a monitor just to be on some virtual "club"? Enlighten me.
post #1007 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgtrance View Post

Why would anyone fake a build or lie about owning a monitor just to be on some virtual "club"? Enlighten me.

doh.gif Wasn't try to imply he was a liar. Just the attitude, thought it wasn't cool.

But whatevers right, it's just the interwebs! tongue.gif
Edited by PCModderMike - 10/18/12 at 10:37am
post #1008 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cykososhull View Post

Shoot. I can't decide to pull the trigger on buying it, especially with black Friday around the corner. I'm convincing myself to just holdout another month.

Trust me, if you can use 1440p on your own system, not just test drive at a store or rather. You'll love it, I loved coming home to it, so much that I bought two more. Thats an excellent price like I said as well
Kaga (WIP)
(22 items)
 
   
GraphicsRAMMonitorPower
1080Ti x2 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666 (64GB Total) Acer Predator X34P or Equivalent Seasonic Snow Silent - 1050w 
OtherOtherOther
Custom Acrylic Engraving Straight 8 Pin cables + Cable Combs 3x EK-Vardar F2, 2x Replacement Front 140mm 
  hide details  
Reply
Kaga (WIP)
(22 items)
 
   
GraphicsRAMMonitorPower
1080Ti x2 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666 (64GB Total) Acer Predator X34P or Equivalent Seasonic Snow Silent - 1050w 
OtherOtherOther
Custom Acrylic Engraving Straight 8 Pin cables + Cable Combs 3x EK-Vardar F2, 2x Replacement Front 140mm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1009 of 6172


Sorry for the bad image quality (phone camera plus minimal effort), but that is the monitor in my sig-rig:

Hazro HZ27WB 27" 2560x1440p IPS supposedly based on the Dell U27II screen.

I must say it is gorgeous. UK buyers should grab this for £319 from overclockers.co.uk whenever the deal swings around again, for it is a steal at that price with 2 years local warranty and no import taxes or international ebaying. 1440p makes older games look better. Oh and my overclocked 7950 handles it fine ... but I will crossfire later regardless biggrin.gif

Question:

What games can you suggest for me at 1440p? I'm thinking I might re-play Fallout 3 again. Currently getting really addicted to XCOM: Enemy Unknown (which is brilliantly addictive btw), and think Dishonored has a charm very reminiscent of Thief. Have tried The Witcher 2, GTA IV, Max Payne 3, Rage, Dirt 3, Borderlands 2, Black Mesa, Saints Row 3rd and Syndicate so far, with predominantly fantastic results.
MicroPuter
(24 items)
 
PortaPuter
(6 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5-3210m 2gb Radeon HD7670m DDR3 @ 780mhz/1095mhz 6gb DDR3 1600mhz 500gb HDD 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 64bit 14" Brightview LED (1366x768) 
  hide details  
Reply
MicroPuter
(24 items)
 
PortaPuter
(6 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5-3210m 2gb Radeon HD7670m DDR3 @ 780mhz/1095mhz 6gb DDR3 1600mhz 500gb HDD 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 64bit 14" Brightview LED (1366x768) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1010 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cykososhull View Post

Shoot. I can't decide to pull the trigger on buying it, especially with black Friday around the corner. I'm convincing myself to just holdout another month.

Last year Black Friday sucked and Cyber Monday ever more, I wouldn't wait for these to be honest....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] 1440p and Above Gaming Club (1440p+)