Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] 1440p and Above Gaming Club (1440p+)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] 1440p and Above Gaming Club (1440p+) - Page 15

post #141 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descadent View Post

Just bought a Crossover 27q Led-p with hopes of going surround eventually.(thats why i choose crossover led-p for the stand)
Currently running on EVGA GTX 570 Classified

added you bro :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyrl View Post

Yamasaki Catleap 27" non OC =( 1440 with a single 570. Been playing GW2 and it runs fine with max settings until you hit some of the towns then it slows down. We'll see how it runs in the higher level zones when the game is released. Also been playing PSO2, D3, and TERA and its usually around 50 fps with max settings, does dip down some times though.
Waiting on the Overlord 100hz monitors that should be out "soon"=)

added you :) Thank you for the feedback on fps. 50fps is not bad at all. Are you planning on going SLI or upgrading to a 2GB Kepler in the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks8981 View Post


May I ask what you came from?
Has anyone came from a 1920x1080 monitor to a 2560x1440 monitor for games such as BF3 and really been blown away? How about specifically the U2711? I am trying to decide which 1440p monitor I want, but I guess I just assumed it would be an amazing upgrade, and I should probably ask people who have done it to get their feedback smile.gif

I myself upgraded from a Acer Gn245HQ 3Dvision 120hz 2ms monitor. I was gaming in 3d first @1080p, than later decided gaming in 2d @120hz still at 1080p. The gaming experience of my previous monitor was really great. Now I upgraded to the 1440p monitor and I can easily say that my mind was blowen away. Especially in Skyrim and Crysis 2. I was of course blowen away in BF3 as well. Yoour 7970 would be very suitable for 1440p gaming as well.

 

Play a game in 720p than switch it to 1080p. The difference is 1.336.200 pixels

Upgrading from 1080p to 1440p's difference is 1.612.800 pixels

 

Think about the difference . 27 inch is a great thing as well.

post #142 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks8981 View Post

May I ask what you came from?
Has anyone came from a 1920x1080 monitor to a 2560x1440 monitor for games such as BF3 and really been blown away? How about specifically the U2711? I am trying to decide which 1440p monitor I want, but I guess I just assumed it would be an amazing upgrade, and I should probably ask people who have done it to get their feedback smile.gif

First off let me say, you must see it in person. I Came from a HP2311x. I will never go back to a 1080 monitor as long as I'm able. The clarity of everything is what I love. Like the quality of text. The level of detail of things during gaming is amazing. You can fit more things on the screen @ higher resolution. Far as the Dell goes, it was a choice of mine also. It's a very good monitor. The only reason I didn't go with it was... All my TV's are Samsung. Might be vain, but Samsung has been good to me since 2005. The picture quality is grade A. I played with the Dell for about 30 minutes & everything was positive. Is the upgrade worth the money? Yes it was, do you have to go with a Dell or Samsung? Probably not, I just wanted to feel safe when I spend lots of cash. Another thing is a Must. UPGRADE YOUR VIDEO CARD! I ended up buying three 670's...LOL, two is more than enough to maxout everything to date!"High Performace Monitor" Here's a lil on it below.....

P.S I would wait if you're considering the U2711... Dell has the U2713MH coming out @ 800Bucks.... It's a "High Performance Monitor" It brings new technology to the table. Here's a lil bit about it below....

Edited by PatrickCrowely - 8/14/12 at 9:21am
 
"MSI GT70"
(15 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4700MQ NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780M 32GB 1600MHz 128GB SSD Triple Raid 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
128GB SSD 128GB SSD 1TB  Blueray 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Professional  17: 1920x1080 
  hide details  
Reply
 
"MSI GT70"
(15 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4700MQ NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780M 32GB 1600MHz 128GB SSD Triple Raid 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
128GB SSD 128GB SSD 1TB  Blueray 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Professional  17: 1920x1080 
  hide details  
Reply
post #143 of 6172
count me

Sig rig hp zr30w 2560x1600
Yep
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3750k P8Z77-I DELUXE R9 290x G.SKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SanDisk Ultra II CPU/GPU Loop Windows 8.1 Crossover 44k 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rosewill mechanical  850w Rosewill Hive Corsair Air 240 Corsair M65 
Mouse PadAudio
Large Perixx Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
Yep
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3750k P8Z77-I DELUXE R9 290x G.SKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SanDisk Ultra II CPU/GPU Loop Windows 8.1 Crossover 44k 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rosewill mechanical  850w Rosewill Hive Corsair Air 240 Corsair M65 
Mouse PadAudio
Large Perixx Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #144 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickCrowely View Post

First off let me say, you must see it in person. I Came from a HP2311x. I will never go back to a 1080 monitor as long as I'm able. The clarity of everything is what I love. Like the quality of text. The level of detail of things during gaming is amazing. You can fit more things on the screen @ higher resolution. Far as the Dell goes, it was a choice of mine also. It's a very good monitor. The only reason I didn't go with it was... All my TV's are Samsung. Might be vain, but Samsung has been good to me since 2005. The picture quality is grade A. I played with the Dell for about 30 minutes & everything was positive. Is the upgrade worth the money? Yes it was, do you have to go with a Dell or Samsung? Probably not, I just wanted to feel safe when I spend lots of cash. Another thing is a Must. UPGRADE YOUR VIDEO CARD! I ended up buying three 670's...LOL, two is more than enough to maxout everything to date!

Feeling safe is why I prefer not to go with a Korean monitor. I know a hundred people will tell me they have one and love it, and when Newegg carries them, I will consider it. Coming from a P2411H 24" Dell TN panel, I want BF3 and any other game I play to be smooth, but I also used to have 3 P2411H's in Eyefinity, and enjoyed the higher resolution (but not the desk space needed and heat the GPUs put off). I have been going back and forth between 24" IPS, 27" IPS, 120HZ and 1440p, and wonder if it really is all worth it, since I may enjoy the search more than I enjoy the usage.
post #145 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks8981 View Post


Feeling safe is why I prefer not to go with a Korean monitor. I know a hundred people will tell me they have one and love it, and when Newegg carries them, I will consider it. Coming from a P2411H 24" Dell TN panel, I want BF3 and any other game I play to be smooth, but I also used to have 3 P2411H's in Eyefinity, and enjoyed the higher resolution (but not the desk space needed and heat the GPUs put off). I have been going back and forth between 24" IPS, 27" IPS, 120HZ and 1440p, and wonder if it really is all worth it, since I may enjoy the search more than I enjoy the usage.

Your concenrs are totally understandable. Korean monitors are sometimes gambles. There are people who had severe issues with them and happy ones as well. 

 

Than in your case give Dell u2711 a chance, or the newly announced Dell modem which is 27something but it's response time is 8ms compared to the more popular u2711 model which is 6ms.

 

I honestly beleive that you should give 1440p gaming a chance. thumb.gif

 

120 hz is a smoother experience, but i prefer 1440p @60hz over 1080p @ 120hz.

post #146 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogwasher View Post

count me
Sig rig hp zr30w 2560x1600

added thumb.gif

post #147 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks8981 View Post

Feeling safe is why I prefer not to go with a Korean monitor. I know a hundred people will tell me they have one and love it, and when Newegg carries them, I will consider it. Coming from a P2411H 24" Dell TN panel, I want BF3 and any other game I play to be smooth, but I also used to have 3 P2411H's in Eyefinity, and enjoyed the higher resolution (but not the desk space needed and heat the GPUs put off). I have been going back and forth between 24" IPS, 27" IPS, 120HZ and 1440p, and wonder if it really is all worth it, since I may enjoy the search more than I enjoy the usage.

This might sound crazy, but I had a 120Hz monitor for two days before S27A850D. I returned it, as I couldn't really couldn't tell the smoothness. That's how I ended up with the S27A850D. I could tell it was a upgrade immediately. I would take the quality of visuals over the FPS any day of the week. You have to choose what's important to you, not what everyone else is doing. Just like the 680/670 debate. I'm not paying an extra 100 bucks per card just so I can say I have a 680 when the 670, 7970, or 7950 will maxout everything. I have three kids & they're greedy!tongue.gif
 
"MSI GT70"
(15 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4700MQ NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780M 32GB 1600MHz 128GB SSD Triple Raid 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
128GB SSD 128GB SSD 1TB  Blueray 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Professional  17: 1920x1080 
  hide details  
Reply
 
"MSI GT70"
(15 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4700MQ NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780M 32GB 1600MHz 128GB SSD Triple Raid 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
128GB SSD 128GB SSD 1TB  Blueray 
OSMonitor
Windows 8 Professional  17: 1920x1080 
  hide details  
Reply
post #148 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickCrowely View Post

This might sound crazy, but I had a 120Hz monitor for two days before S27A850D. I returned it, as I couldn't really couldn't tell the smoothness. That's how I ended up with the S27A850D. I could tell it was a upgrade immediately. I would take the quality of visuals over the FPS any day of the week. You have to choose what's important to you, not what everyone else is doing. Just like the 680/670 debate. I'm not paying an extra 100 bucks per card just so I can say I have a 680 when the 670, 7970, or 7950 will maxout everything. I have three kids & they're greedy!tongue.gif

I don't really know whats important to me I guess. Looking at my sig rig, theres not really much left I can do there, and I want to upgrade something. I am trying to decide if spending money on a monitor is going to be so much better and worth it, or if I'll get one and think its cool, but really not care about it a week later. I guess I could have worse problems.
post #149 of 6172

Just picked up Dead Space 1 and 2 via Steam Sales. 13$ in total.

 

I hope I will have the time to play these games. I beat dead Space 1 in PS3. I believe it was 720p :)

post #150 of 6172
^ Getting a 1440p monitor was the best decision I ever made in my days so far of using computers, I look forward to using it every day whether and that's the truth.

Finished downloading Sleeping Dogs on steam, downloading the high res texture pack and will post results of the in game benchmark utility on this post, as well as GPU usage of the 670s

Update/Edit: Benchmark Results

Sleeping Dogs

Using 2 x EVGA 670 FTWs with slight OC, apple cinema display @ 60hz, using in game benchmarking utility, with high resolution textures

Note: Newest beta drivers have sli profile for this game, I'm running the 301.42 drivers from late May, meaning there's no support when I did these.

Note: Disregard temps and ram usage in the EVGA Precision on the screenshots, when you exit out of the utility it flashes an open world with primary character standing on top of a building in a real time world meaning it's got an instance going on during the results screen

Custom/Max Settings with SLI enabled through the control panel
Temp on GPU1 ~59c, Usage 95-99%, Memory Usage ~700mb with jumps to 1300mb Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Custom/Max settings with SLI disabled through the control panel, Physx enabled on second gpu
Temp on GPU1 ~63c, Usage 91-100%, Memory Usage ~700mb with jumps to 1300mb Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Custom/Max settings with normal AA through in game, SLI disabled through control panel, physx enabled on second gpu
Temp on GPU1 ~57-59c, Usage 93-101%, Memory Usage ~700mb with jumps to 1300mb Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Custom/Max Settings with normal AA through in game, SLI enabled through control panel
Temp on GPU1 ~58c, Usage 92-98%, Memory Usage ~700mb with jumps to 1300mb Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I'll start playing the game and come back here to share more thoughts with real gameplay under the belt. Seems like an easy to run game, once SLI comes through the official drivers I see no problem cranking up the in game AA.
Edited by Azefore - 8/14/12 at 11:17am
Kaga (WIP)
(22 items)
 
   
GraphicsRAMMonitorPower
1080Ti x2 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666 (64GB Total) Acer Predator X34P or Equivalent Seasonic Snow Silent - 1050w 
OtherOtherOther
Custom Acrylic Engraving Straight 8 Pin cables + Cable Combs 3x EK-Vardar F2, 2x Replacement Front 140mm 
  hide details  
Reply
Kaga (WIP)
(22 items)
 
   
GraphicsRAMMonitorPower
1080Ti x2 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666 (64GB Total) Acer Predator X34P or Equivalent Seasonic Snow Silent - 1050w 
OtherOtherOther
Custom Acrylic Engraving Straight 8 Pin cables + Cable Combs 3x EK-Vardar F2, 2x Replacement Front 140mm 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] 1440p and Above Gaming Club (1440p+)