Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] 1440p and Above Gaming Club (1440p+)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] 1440p and Above Gaming Club (1440p+) - Page 65

post #641 of 6172
Just ran Heaven 3.0 fully maxed on my sig rig:



CF 7970's at 1230MHz / 1750MHz
3960X - 4.8GHz

biggrin.gif
post #642 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimpykins View Post


I got the pixel perfect versions so I may have a bigger chance to get a good one. Or so I hope.

I hope so too. But still you will be fine. If you are living in USA, and if you have a faulty monitor, the transaction of sending it back and recieveing a new one is much easier than most of the other countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

Just ran Heaven 3.0 fully maxed on my sig rig:

CF 7970's at 1230MHz / 1750MHz
3960X - 4.8GHz
biggrin.gif

 

Thank you. Just added this in the Benchmarking Section thumb.gif

post #643 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExile View Post

Thanks for the suggestions!
Alan Wake looks good but isn't it only about 10 hours of gameplay?
Just Cause 2 I will likely get just waiting for the multiplayer mod to come out.
Which Batman game did you like the best?
I usually only buy games with replayability, because I hate to pay for a game that doesn't keep bringing me back to it.
Crysis I've also debated but I'm not sure if my single 7970 could hold up at 1440p, also which Crysis is the best?
Guild Wars 2 I'm debating it looks a lot better than WoW, but I've grown really tired of WoW and Diablo 3, so I'm not sure if it will be a big enough change to get me interested.
What is Civ 5 like, is it similar to something like Age of Empires?

Crysis 2 is the best at this resolution. I was amazed at how much more detail there was. your 7970 will hold fine. the original game at 1080p was good maxed out with texture pack/dx11 with one gtx 580. i m sure at 1440p your 3gb VRAM and more gpu power from the 7970 will do fine
MCC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k  Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H MSI GTX 680 Lightning Ed. Patriot Intel Extreme Masters Limited Edition 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 120 gb SSD Samsung Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster S27A850D  CM Storm Quick Fire  Corsair AX850 Fractal Design Define R4 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Sensei Creative T20 
  hide details  
Reply
MCC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k  Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H MSI GTX 680 Lightning Ed. Patriot Intel Extreme Masters Limited Edition 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 120 gb SSD Samsung Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster S27A850D  CM Storm Quick Fire  Corsair AX850 Fractal Design Define R4 
MouseAudio
Steelseries Sensei Creative T20 
  hide details  
Reply
post #644 of 6172
7970 with GHZ bios. Left image 1050 core 1600 memory. Right hand image 1150 core and 1600 memory.
Don't Push that!
(21 items)
 
 
TheBeast
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k ASUS ROG Rampage IV Sapphire 7970 16 GB Samsung DDR3 @ 1600 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial 128GB 2.5" M4 SSD  WD Red 1TB WD Red 1TB WD Red 1TB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD Red 1TB LiteOn iHAS124-19 24x DVD±RW DL & RAM SATA Optical Silver Arrow Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Bitfenix Spectre Pro 230mm Windows 7 Corsair Professional Series AX750 750W Modular PSU Coolermaster HAF X 
MouseAudio
SteelSeries Sensei Laser Gaming Mouse ASUS XONAR DG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 P5B-Deluxe Radeon HD 5970 Corsair  
CoolingCase
Hyper 212 Modded Cream Tower of Death 
CPUCPUCPUCPU
AMD Opteron 8439 SE AMD Opteron 8439 SE AMD Opteron 8439 SE AMD Opteron 8439 SE 
MotherboardGraphicsRAMRAM
H8QM8 560ti Kingston  Kingston  
RAMRAM
Kingston  Kingston  
  hide details  
Reply
Don't Push that!
(21 items)
 
 
TheBeast
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k ASUS ROG Rampage IV Sapphire 7970 16 GB Samsung DDR3 @ 1600 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial 128GB 2.5" M4 SSD  WD Red 1TB WD Red 1TB WD Red 1TB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
WD Red 1TB LiteOn iHAS124-19 24x DVD±RW DL & RAM SATA Optical Silver Arrow Bitfenix Spectre Pro 200mm 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Bitfenix Spectre Pro 230mm Windows 7 Corsair Professional Series AX750 750W Modular PSU Coolermaster HAF X 
MouseAudio
SteelSeries Sensei Laser Gaming Mouse ASUS XONAR DG 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 P5B-Deluxe Radeon HD 5970 Corsair  
CoolingCase
Hyper 212 Modded Cream Tower of Death 
CPUCPUCPUCPU
AMD Opteron 8439 SE AMD Opteron 8439 SE AMD Opteron 8439 SE AMD Opteron 8439 SE 
MotherboardGraphicsRAMRAM
H8QM8 560ti Kingston  Kingston  
RAMRAM
Kingston  Kingston  
  hide details  
Reply
post #645 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishBob View Post

7970 with GHZ bios. Left image 1050 core 1600 memory. Right hand image 1150 core and 1600 memory. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice score thumb.gif
post #646 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcc21 View Post


Crysis 2 is the best at this resolution. I was amazed at how much more detail there was. your 7970 will hold fine. the original game at 1080p was good maxed out with texture pack/dx11 with one gtx 580. i m sure at 1440p your 3gb VRAM and more gpu power from the 7970 will do fine

I tried Crysis 2 with my 670 4GB with everything maxed including High Res Texture pack and DX11 patch. The result was around 30-40 fps max. Crysis 2 so far is the only game out that that would be better with an SLI setup imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishBob View Post

7970 with GHZ bios. Left image 1050 core 1600 memory. Right hand image 1150 core and 1600 memory.

 

Added the benches mate. Thank you :)

 

 

@ everyone else

 

I updated the benchs section once more with a different look. The previous setup had issues with some pictures for some reason.

 

Now i made another Google Document writing down the GPU and OCN user name and attached the link provided in this thread for that specific bench.

 

Also added Sleeping Dogs and Arkham City benches which were done few weeks ago by our members.


Edited by iARDAs - 9/7/12 at 1:50pm
post #647 of 6172
The Crysis Collection is $17.50 on Steam and Batman Arkham City GOTY is $24. Is Arkham City the best Batman game to start with and is it worth getting all the Crysis games, or does one stand out among the rest?

Also, can anyone say if these are good enough deals to grab and if these games have a reason to replay them after I beat them?

Thanks in advance smile.gif
post #648 of 6172
I personally love all the Crysis titles. Each is pretty different from the other in terms of play style...
post #649 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheExile View Post

The Crysis Collection is $17.50 on Steam and Batman Arkham City GOTY is $24. Is Arkham City the best Batman game to start with and is it worth getting all the Crysis games, or does one stand out among the rest?
Also, can anyone say if these are good enough deals to grab and if these games have a reason to replay them after I beat them?
Thanks in advance smile.gif

I don't think Batman AC or AA is worth $24. I paid I think $15 for both ($30 total just to be clear) when they were on sale and I would say that was a fair deal. I generally only played the Batman games through once and I doubt I'll replay them too soon, they just don't seem like that kind of game to me.

As for Crysis I like all of them as well. If I were you and I was looking for games I would get Crysis and Crysis Warhead (I think Steam calls it Crysis Maximum Edition or something) and see if you like them. If you do then you can pick up Crysis 2 at a later date as I'm sure it will be on sale again soon. Crysis and Crysis Warhead have replay-ability because they are very open maps but Crysis 2 is not as open. The multiplayer on all of them is actually pretty fun too.
Clevo P770ZM-G
(9 items)
 
Lime
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Clevo P770ZM-G Motherboard Nvidia GTX 980M G-Sync 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Crucial MX200 500GB Crucial M500 960GB Windows 8.1 Pro 17" 1920x1080 75Hz G-Sync 
Power
330W PSU 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4785T Gigabyte Sniper.M5 32GB Kingston 1866MHz (4x8GB) 128GB Crucial M4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
256GB Cruical M4 x 4 Toshiba 5TB x 6 Cryorig R1 Ultimate Windows Server 2012 R2 
PowerCase
400W Seasonic Platinum Fanless Fractal Design R5 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
Clevo P770ZM-G
(9 items)
 
Lime
(10 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Clevo P770ZM-G Motherboard Nvidia GTX 980M G-Sync 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Crucial MX200 500GB Crucial M500 960GB Windows 8.1 Pro 17" 1920x1080 75Hz G-Sync 
Power
330W PSU 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4785T Gigabyte Sniper.M5 32GB Kingston 1866MHz (4x8GB) 128GB Crucial M4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
256GB Cruical M4 x 4 Toshiba 5TB x 6 Cryorig R1 Ultimate Windows Server 2012 R2 
PowerCase
400W Seasonic Platinum Fanless Fractal Design R5 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #650 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbandaddict View Post

I don't think Batman AC or AA is worth $24. I paid I think $15 for both ($30 total just to be clear) when they were on sale and I would say that was a fair deal. I generally only played the Batman games through once and I doubt I'll replay them too soon, they just don't seem like that kind of game to me.
As for Crysis I like all of them as well. If I were you and I was looking for games I would get Crysis and Crysis Warhead (I think Steam calls it Crysis Maximum Edition or something) and see if you like them. If you do then you can pick up Crysis 2 at a later date as I'm sure it will be on sale again soon. Crysis and Crysis Warhead have replay-ability because they are very open maps but Crysis 2 is not as open. The multiplayer on all of them is actually pretty fun too.

Thanks for the reply, didn't think Batman was the best deal but just trying to find games to hold me over until some of the upcoming games are released. I think I'll give Crysis a go at that price.

Also I checked out your laptop and it looks like a pretty good deal. Do you know if there is an option for a 3D display for it? How are your frame rates?

Do you know if it has decent battery life when browsing and using word documents?
__

Also to relate back to this topic, are there many 2560x1440 laptops out there yet?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] 1440p and Above Gaming Club (1440p+)