Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] 1440p and Above Gaming Club (1440p+)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] 1440p and Above Gaming Club (1440p+) - Page 93

post #921 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by mltno View Post

So from what i understand crossover and catleap have same pq, difference is in stand ?
I just got a 7970 and want to make use of it but have heard its not worth it to get a 60hz monitor cause once you use 120hz its such a big difference.. any opinions ?
If hz difference isnt really big in games, any link to a specific ebay listing for crossover to get , and if catleap is way to go is new sei version from greensum ok ?
Also is there a difference with people running into more issues with crossover or catleap whether its dead pixels,backlight or gems, after looking at greensums catleap it scares me that below 20 dead pixels around area is considered ok.

I will always defend that 120hz gaming is better than 60hz gaming because it is more fluid.

 

HOWEVER I will also always defend that 1440p gaming is better than 1080p gaming in terms of visuals and stuff like that.

 

I upgraded from a 120hz monitor to 1440p and could not be any happier.

 

You can buy a catleap from greensum. I got mine from him and it was a great transaction.

post #922 of 6172

Anyone knows which file I need to edit to play Darksiders 1 in 1440p?

 

in 120hz.net a guy said that a hex file needed to be hacked or something like that but I have no idea how. 

post #923 of 6172

Here are some 1440p screenshots from Just Cause 2.

 

This is a MUST PLAY game for your eyes in 1440p, however make sure you have a gamepad as it is much more enjoyable.


Everything Maxed but AA is off

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Batch 2 :

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by iARDAs - 10/1/12 at 4:21pm
post #924 of 6172
if you are in this thread and NOT convinced to go 1440p yet

here

Some Mists of Pandaria 7680x1440








post #925 of 6172

@ Descadent.

 

Man those are some nice screenshots. It is good to know that WOW got better graphically as well. I hope one day that I can have enough room for a surround system :(

 

@ Everyone else

 

What would you say for a 660ti SLI for 1440p?

 

I am thinking of selling my 670 and grabbing 2 660s. Clever? Not so clever? What would you guys suggest?

post #926 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

@ Descadent.

Man those are some nice screenshots. It is good to know that WOW got better graphically as well. I hope one day that I can have enough room for a surround system frown.gif

@ Everyone else

What would you say for a 660ti SLI for 1440p?

I am thinking of selling my 670 and grabbing 2 660s. Clever? Not so clever? What would you guys suggest?

I couldn't step down to the 192 bit bus considering games that are coming out in the future if you are interested in any longevity out of your cards.
post #927 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Descadent View Post


I couldn't step down to the 192 bit bus considering games that are coming out in the future if you are interested in any longevity out of your cards.

 

Yeah I will just go with 670 SLI by the end of the year. If news about 780 comes though, than I will wait.

post #928 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

Yeah I will just go with 670 SLI by the end of the year. If news about 780 comes though, than I will wait.

Definitely stick with the 670 and go for another if you can in the future.
post #929 of 6172

the thing is my Zotac GTX 670 hits 75 max under heavy load.

Since i wont go under water i am just worried that when I go SLI i might see 85 degrees on the GPU. I wonder if it would cause any problems.

post #930 of 6172
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

the thing is my Zotac GTX 670 hits 75 max under heavy load.
Since i wont go under water i am just worried that when I go SLI i might see 85 degrees on the GPU. I wonder if it would cause any problems.

85 Celsius is not bad for a 670. But if you're like me and don't like to see temps go that high, just use a custom fan profile. I use one especially because of the overclock on my cards, and I don't want them to get throttled, so I have a fairly aggressive profile setup.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] 1440p and Above Gaming Club (1440p+)