Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › new to overclocking, 560 TI
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

new to overclocking, 560 TI

post #1 of 47
Thread Starter 
Hey guys any tips on overclocking my GPU? I have a MSI 560 TI and I heard its great at overclocking.

What clock should I be aiming at for the max performance without having to much problems? I have my CPU overclocked at 4.5 and I feel going any higher isn't worth it.

Also what is the best stress test program? Is the memory clocks worth overclocking as well?
post #2 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrywang View Post

Hey guys any tips on overclocking my GPU? I have a MSI 560 TI and I heard its great at overclocking.
What clock should I be aiming at for the max performance without having to much problems? I have my CPU overclocked at 4.5 and I feel going any higher isn't worth it.
Also what is the best stress test program? Is the memory clocks worth overclocking as well?

The 560 Ti is a great card for OCing. Most (not all) ppl with 560 Ti's can get up to @ 1000 Mhz with a little push on the volts.

Concentrate on your core clocks first and once they are stable, you can have a play with the mem clock. Personally, I download the mems in order to boost the core.

With the 500 series cards, the best programs for stressing are Heaven bench and 3Dmark11. Pls dont use Kombustor or OCCT as you do not get an accurate reflection of the cards stability.

GL thumb.gif
Edited by Sethy666 - 8/12/12 at 5:48pm
post #3 of 47
I prefer Unigine Heaven for testing; 3d mark is also very good. Intensive games sometimes work for overclocking. Don't use OCCT, Furmark or OC scanner; they're not very reliable.

From what I hear, you shouldn't bother with the memory; it can cause a lot of problems later on for the card.

You can overvolt your card, but I wouldn't screw around with that too much until you get comfortable with overclocking it. You should also find out what voltage is safe for your card.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3 GTX 480 SLI Patriot G2 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Caviar Black 1TB Alpenfohn K2 Windows 7 professional Asus VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
IBM Model M 52G9700 Corsair HX1000 Corsair 650D Logitech G400 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Steelseries Qck+ Sennheiser HD650 Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3 GTX 480 SLI Patriot G2 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Caviar Black 1TB Alpenfohn K2 Windows 7 professional Asus VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
IBM Model M 52G9700 Corsair HX1000 Corsair 650D Logitech G400 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Steelseries Qck+ Sennheiser HD650 Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 47
Thread Starter 
So I shouldn't change any volts of my card? I should just move the sliders until it gets unstable then mess with the volts?

Also whats the best settings for heaven should I be using?
post #5 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrywang View Post

So I shouldn't change any volts of my card? I should just move the sliders until it gets unstable then mess with the volts?
Also whats the best settings for heaven should I be using?
No idea on the Heaven settings; I set mine to 2x AA and everything else high.

I wouldn't change the volts on your card just yet. Just change the frequency until it gets unstable. After that you can increase the voltage, but you will want to be careful with the voltage, as it can be harmful if you overdo it.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3 GTX 480 SLI Patriot G2 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Caviar Black 1TB Alpenfohn K2 Windows 7 professional Asus VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
IBM Model M 52G9700 Corsair HX1000 Corsair 650D Logitech G400 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Steelseries Qck+ Sennheiser HD650 Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3 GTX 480 SLI Patriot G2 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Caviar Black 1TB Alpenfohn K2 Windows 7 professional Asus VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
IBM Model M 52G9700 Corsair HX1000 Corsair 650D Logitech G400 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Steelseries Qck+ Sennheiser HD650 Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post

No idea on the Heaven settings; I set mine to 2x AA and everything else high.
I wouldn't change the volts on your card just yet. Just change the frequency until it gets unstable. After that you can increase the voltage, but you will want to be careful with the voltage, as it can be harmful if you overdo it.

Thats the best way. If you increase the volts too much, the card will just crash. Shouldnt go above 1.150v on your first runs. I tend not to go past 1.175v
post #7 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethy666 View Post

Thats the best way. If you increase the volts too much, the card will just crash. Shouldnt go above 1.150v on your first runs. I tend not to go past 1.175v
I wouldn't go past the stock BIOS limitation, personally. I'm not sure what it is on that card, though.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3 GTX 480 SLI Patriot G2 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Caviar Black 1TB Alpenfohn K2 Windows 7 professional Asus VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
IBM Model M 52G9700 Corsair HX1000 Corsair 650D Logitech G400 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Steelseries Qck+ Sennheiser HD650 Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3 GTX 480 SLI Patriot G2 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Caviar Black 1TB Alpenfohn K2 Windows 7 professional Asus VG248QE 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
IBM Model M 52G9700 Corsair HX1000 Corsair 650D Logitech G400 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Steelseries Qck+ Sennheiser HD650 Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 47
Thread Starter 
Alright guys, I think I got the card stable on stock volts at 930 Mhz. My GPU is running a little bit hot though. It hits temps of about 72c with my fans on auto going only about 60-65%. It is hot in my room at the moment because of the summer heat, about 25c in my room. Should I be messing around with the fan speed or just leave it on auto?

Whats the next step? I heard you can overclock this card to get close to 570 speeds. I want to get to those speeds.


Edited by Harrywang - 8/12/12 at 7:59pm
post #9 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrywang View Post

Alright guys, I think I got the card stable on stock volts at 930 Mhz. My GPU is running a little bit hot though. It hits temps of about 72c with my fans on auto going only about 60-65%. It is hot in my room at the moment because of the summer heat, about 25c in my room. Should I be messing around with the fan speed or just leave it on auto?
Whats the next step? I heard you can overclock this card to get close to 570 speeds. I want to get to those speeds.

(Sorry a bit wordy but please read)
Resident 560 Ti overclocker here, and as everyone has said Heaven, Msi Afterburner Etc. Etc. are all great programs. But I disagree with a few things. Kombustor is fine to check for stability once you have found an overclock that you deem stable by your own method, and overclocking the memory is completely safe. I actually recommend overclocking the memory because it gives you a marginal boost in performance as well, And don't worry, if you are using an overclocking program like MSI Afterburner all the voltages on there are deemed "safe". Increasing the voltage is the only way to achieve stability on higher clocks like mine. Lastly I recommend a custom fan profile for your overclock. (Check the thread in the Validation spoiler in my signature, and also check the 560/560 Ti OC Club in my Signature!) Be alert though and watch your temps. carefully. You don't want to damage the card by constantly exceeding 80-90c on load. One last thing, DO NOT copy anyone elses overclock settings. Every card is different so every overclock is different. Happy overclocking! Hope you can achieve the mythic 1Ghz on the 560 Ti. Half the fun is just getting there! thumb.gif
post #10 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrywang View Post

Alright guys, I think I got the card stable on stock volts at 930 Mhz. My GPU is running a little bit hot though. It hits temps of about 72c with my fans on auto going only about 60-65%. It is hot in my room at the moment because of the summer heat, about 25c in my room. Should I be messing around with the fan speed or just leave it on auto?
Whats the next step? I heard you can overclock this card to get close to 570 speeds. I want to get to those speeds.

I've come close to reaching the performance of a GTX570, but it all depends on the card you have. Do you have the regular MSI GTX560Ti, or the HAWK edition?

I have the HAWK edition, and using 3DMark11, the highest graphics score I achieve was 5500 points (just the individual graphics score...) OCing the core to 1060Mhz with an obvious voltage boost. See thread: http://www.overclock.net/t/1139872/nvidia-gtx-560-560-ti-oc-club/0_30

According to a few other threads, a stock GTX570 seems to hover around ~5700-6000 points for the graphics score on 3DMark11 (again, this is just the individual graphics score...).

I boost my core to 1Ghz for gaming, and keep it at the stock core 950Mhz for daily use.
Edited by tcaughey - 8/12/12 at 8:18pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA Drivers and Overclocking Software › new to overclocking, 560 TI